• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
god this is a boring ass month. At least that artifact should be fun for AoE arena, maybe.

The tournament is pretty weak. Was looking forward to having something to sink my teeth into tonight, but I'll just finish Baiken's story and the tournament and not touch it again until Dizzy.

I've never really been into farming the challenges, but we'll see how this one is. At least get it done on Hell for the Gold Transmit stone.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The tournament is pretty weak. Was looking forward to having something to sink my teeth into tonight, but I'll just finish Baiken's story and the tournament and not touch it again until Dizzy.

I've never really been into farming the challenges, but we'll see how this one is. At least get it done on Hell for the Gold Transmit stone.

The challenge artifact looks like a straight upgrade of Exorcists Tonfa, probably worth farming enough to max LB it.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The challenge artifact looks like a straight upgrade of Exorcists Tonfa, probably worth farming enough to max LB it.

Yeah, if I can't auto it on Hell I'm probably not going to auto it on normal for a 20% chance to drop at the stamina costs these things run at. I'll get more bang for my buck in stamina right now running Wyvern. Especially since I'm gold broke.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Never saw the appeal in Tonfa and now the freebie, what situations would I want to use it in? I guess Sez would wreck with it in PvP.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How long is it to unlock the challenge thing I think its till locked for me, I can't check the game because its maintenance right now but story wise I'm just after the whole furries and fire book lady bonding and killing some necromancer in a forest or something arc.

Nvm it was literally the next quest.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Presumably no buff this week means no buff full stop for Baiken. It would be weird if they buffed her next week after the banner ends.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
So the tournament is just a glorified exchange shop? And they made us fight the same two acolytes for Baiken's story chapter? In some ways, this event is hella lackluster.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So the tournament is just a glorified exchange shop? And they made us fight the same two acolytes for Baiken's story chapter? In some ways, this event is hella lackluster.

Quite honestly this blows. No gear, glorified exchange shop, junkyard dog doesn't give a boost to tournament currency.

Even the challenge was super easy on hell. No daily event either? Didn't get to finish today's.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Hard better have some gear rewards, but based on this bracket only having 4 of Sol's epic catalyst I'm guessing Hard will have the same.

At least this Hell side story mission is easy and fast. Running Destina to get Friendship Level 10, Baiken to carry, and two fodder.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that's more than I thought. With the challenge quest I was kind of hoping they'd leave the tourney as a low energy affair.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
People going to limit break their Junkyard Dog or going to hang onto multiple copies? Not sure why you would hang onto multiple, maybe to not have to shuffle gear if it's useful on multiple units?

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Presumably no buff this week means no buff full stop for Baiken. It would be weird if they buffed her next week after the banner ends.

The only thing I can think of them doing is extending her banner by a week if they decide to do buffs. So Dizzy and Baiken would both be up at the same time. Which honestly isn't that bad of a thing since we'd know Dizzy's skill set and if you needed to decide on one you'd have time to do so.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Tournament grind is even more miserable than the record grind. I don't think this is doable for a new player who can't do Hard or Hell difficulty. Christ.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
These events are just leaf sinks. That is to say, they suck. Particularly this second week's one. Yuck.

Tournament grind is even more miserable than the record grind. I don't think this is doable for a new player who can't do Hard or Hell difficulty. Christ.

Yeah this is miserable. From the looks of it you don't need to clear the tournament board at least. You just need to make a line to the end. It seems to be 50, 300, 1000 then the final vs Sol which I'm not sure how much it costs to enter. A really dumb system they have here. :(

Edit. And a hard mode for the entire tournament? So we get to grind it all again and now possibly be gated if the AI team is too strong any way? Gross.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
As a new player, don't even bother getting multiple copies of Sol. The imprint sucks and is really not worth it.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I've had a lot of level ups and stamina pots in my inbox so I'm just aiming to clear as much of the shop as possible. I do want to limit break the artifact as well. Still 3 weeks left so plenty of time.
Hard better have some gear rewards, but based on this bracket only having 4 of Sol's epic catalyst I'm guessing Hard will have the same.

At least this Hell side story mission is easy and fast. Running Destina to get Friendship Level 10, Baiken to carry, and two fodder.
Does friendship level do anything outside faces and voicelines?

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this event feels super grindy. More so than anything else so far - well, except grinding for gear I guess.

It's nice that they're doling out leaves through the events more than normal, but the collab certainly sucks them in at a more rapid pace as well just to make sure that you don't get a chance to stock up.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is miserable. From the looks of it you don't need to clear the tournament board at least. You just need to make a line to the end. It seems to be 50, 300, 1000 then the final vs Sol which I'm not sure how much it costs to enter. A really dumb system they have here. :(

Edit. And a hard mode for the entire tournament? So we get to grind it all again and now possibly be gated if the AI team is too strong any way? Gross.

Yeah. I just finished the second fight and I'm back down to like 83 entry tickets. And I apparently need 3500 more total in order to do fight 3 and then get to Sol.

At 18 or 19 tickets a run of Normal, it's functionally impossible for me to get enough to get Sol. I think this might be where I get off the game - the grinding for event currency is just too damn much, and they do absolutely nothing to make it palatable for people who can't steamroll Hard or Hell difficulties.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The event is unnecessarily grindy. I feel like generally the substory is up for two weeks as the main grind where the second week is generally something smaller like the challenge quest. The collab has even more stuff in the store the first week and the second week also has a substantial grind. Since it's a collab I didn't expect the grind to be so imposing to new players; but I guess their intent is having Sol 6*-able through dupes as something easily achievable for long time players and new players to possibly pull it off but at least get one or more copies. I don't think that was really the best way to go about it though as I can see it being a turn off.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
The event nodes are easier than they usually are and drop epic catalysts, not sure I get the complaints. Sure Sol costs a lot but he's a really good 5*, and if you don't want to grind you get a copy from the story at the end anyways. I do think getting him to 6* from the free copies is a good idea for new players though. Freed up 2 spots on my list - if you need help add Mupod7, I have multiple characters up that have no trouble in the 30 energy node. Just tested my Baiken and she did it on auto very quickly with an ungeared healer and 2 fodder + friend unit.

Does friendship level do anything outside faces and voicelines?

Bookmark rewards from reputation.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I just finished the second fight and I'm back down to like 83 entry tickets. And I apparently need 3500 more total in order to do fight 3 and then get to Sol.

At 18 or 19 tickets a run of Normal, it's functionally impossible for me to get enough to get Sol. I think this might be where I get off the game - the grinding for event currency is just too damn much, and they do absolutely nothing to make it palatable for people who can't steamroll Hard or Hell difficulties.
the game is entirely built on being a grindfest. Its not like this grind is minor walking through Hell getting 69 currency a run. So if the grind isnt palatable to you now it doesnt really ever change.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does Torn Sleeve work on this section of the collab because Junkyard Dog disappointingly doesnt seem to

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
the game is entirely built on being a grindfest. Its not like this grind is minor walking through Hell getting 69 currency a run. So if the grind isnt palatable to you now it doesnt really ever change.

69 is still way better than the 19 I get a run now. That's the problem, they expect a herculean effort out of the player.

At least in FFBE when you have event units you get a reasonable amount of bonus currency. I have Junkyard Dog AND Torn Sleeve and on Normal I get less than 20 entry tickets a run, and I need 5600 to get to Sol. It expects me to run this event nearly three hundred times in two weeks just to get a new character?

Oct 25, 2017
69 is still way better than the 19 I get a run now. That's the problem, they expect a herculean effort out of the player.

At least in FFBE when you have event units you get a reasonable amount of bonus currency. I have Junkyard Dog AND Torn Sleeve and on Normal I get less than 20 entry tickets a run, and I need 5600 to get to Sol. It expects me to run this event nearly three hundred times in two weeks just to get a new character?
he only costs 2500 to get from the week 1 shop?

But either way this game is a grind. That never changes, you are either grinding catalysts, wyvern 11, or events.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need 5600 to get Sol.

You don't even have to grind the event AT ALL to get Sol.

You just need to clear each stage once. That's it. That's all. I don't know why you'd put yourself through this as a new player. There are way better places to focus your energy and time.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does Torn Sleeve work on this section of the collab because Junkyard Dog disappointingly doesnt seem to
It does.

Edit:
People who join for the collab will not surprisingly target the collab character. Getting all the copies will give you a strong 6* character. It may not be the most efficient thing for a new player to increase in power but it shouldn't surprise anyone that they might target such a thing and find it a slog.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

If you manage to get Sol through the exchange shop (2500 discs) I would stop there. That is probably the single most worthwhile item from the event currently and imo easier to get than the tournament most likely.

Early on I did minimal event grinding, it was simply impractical and I focused on story or hunts/altars trying to powerup my heroes. I only played through the event story scenes and grabbed a few items off the shops. Even being able to grind hell difficulty doesn't make these events fun. I wouldn't stress over the events, there has been quite a lot of complaints about them from what I can see so I can only imagine it is much worse for beginners.

You just need to clear each stage once. That's it. That's all. I don't know why you'd put yourself through this as a new player. There are way better places to focus your energy and time.
I thought the clear reward was the artefact?

But yes, once you have Sol I would invest time elsewhere to power up the team or earn whatever you need. Grinding is still the main point of the game but elsewhere doesn't feel as hollow as the event imo.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
If you manage to get Sol through the exchange shop (2500 discs) I would stop there. That is probably the single most worthwhile item from the event currently and imo easier to get than the tournament most likely.

Early on I did minimal event grinding, it was simply impractical and I focused on story or hunts/altars trying to powerup my heroes. I only played through the event story scenes and grabbed a few items off the shops. Even being able to grind hell difficulty doesn't make these events fun. I wouldn't stress over the events, there has been quite a lot of complaints about them from what I can see so I can only imagine it is much worse for beginners.

I thought the clear reward was the artefact?

But yes, once you have Sol I would invest time elsewhere to power up the team or earn whatever you need. Grinding is still the main point of the game but elsewhere doesn't feel as hollow as the event imo.

Nope, the clear reward is Sol. The reputation reward (one of the higher ones) is the artifact, but just clearing every stage rewards Sol.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even for Epic 7 the event feels a bit grindy. The tournament is a glorified event shop but with higher prices than normal. If you aren't lucky enough to have gotten Torn Sleeve it's around 88 runs on hell to buy it out, which is 2640 stamina. Which is certainly doable if time consuming for long time players, but it just feels tuned a bit too much towards the grind this time.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure there's a Sol for all missions, but that might require waiting for week 4 or something for all all missions.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Right, but you have to wait until the very end of the event to be able to do that because of the way they broke up the story chapters. I don't really have anything else TO do right now.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I agree the tournament is too much of a grind. The event should have gone that you get tourney currency running event stages alongside shop currency. And it stands grinding tourney currency feels unrewarding.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The grind doesn't just stop there either as they want you to run the challenge for the artefact as well. This is Guilty Gear Xrd -LEIFELATOR-

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The event nodes are easier than they usually are and drop epic catalysts, not sure I get the complaints. Sure Sol costs a lot but he's a really good 5*, and if you don't want to grind you get a copy from the story at the end anyways. I do think getting him to 6* from the free copies is a good idea for new players though. Freed up 2 spots on my list - if you need help add Mupod7, I have multiple characters up that have no trouble in the 30 energy node. Just tested my Baiken and she did it on auto very quickly with an ungeared healer and 2 fodder + friend unit.

What turns me off is that it is such a massive stamina sink. I can't do anything else besides grind the collab this entire month because I don't have the stamina let alone time to do anything else. So no progressing gear, no grinding out the epic catalysts I need, etc.

Normally with side stories you can get the catalysts in a day or two with some banked stamina refreshes and then move on to playing the rest of the game for the rest of the two weeks. This is just an onslaught of collab grinding, which frankly grinding the same level over and over again isn't as fun as dabbling in Altars, Hunts, World, etc.

You don't need to grind out all the shops, but it's a gacha game, we're all going to do it if they give us the option.

The disappointment is more in that the Tournament wasn't something new and interesting. Maybe Hard mode will be an actual challenge and fun, but as of now it's hitting auto-battle and collecting my stuffs. I was maybe expecting something a little more with it being hyped up in Sol's story and in the lead up to the Collab.

Last edited:

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh ffs game. I'm 4 goddess statues away from finishing Hazels connection and who do I pull in the free draw? Hazel
At least there's a, memory imprint

Oct 25, 2017
Ive been autoing hell easily on this Challenge...but geez im struggling with the drops. I got an artifact on the first hell clear, and the quest one. In 20+ total runs now thats it.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to change the cost of hard tourney. They won't change normal because people would cry, but they need to cut the cost in half.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys I have a question about speciality change, I have a Hazel that I promoted to 4* using 3 other Hazel's, so she has her memory imprint unlocked.

If I got her to level 50 and unlocked her Specialty Change would the memory imprint carry over to her form or does that new form get wiped and start fresh?

I think I have enough dupes to get her to SSS imprint or close if it DOES carry over

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Hey guys I have a question about speciality change, I have a Hazel that I promoted to 4* using 3 other Hazel's, so she has her memory imprint unlocked.

If I got her to level 50 and unlocked her Specialty Change would the memory imprint carry over to her form or does that new form get wiped and start fresh?

I think I have enough dupes to get her to SSS imprint or close if it DOES carry over
Memory imprint carries over, so you don't need to worry. Awakenings also carry over.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

It carrys over. She is still Hazel after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.