Oct 27, 2017
I honestly enjoy checking out new Eminem albums just to see how bad they are. I dont say that to shit on other people's opinions or likes, but it's true.

I STILL cant get over this man doing a Yoda impression in the middle of a verse. Like, who thinks that's a good idea, let alone a good enough idea to record and release!
Please which track is that?

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
New album rankings.

SS
MMLP
Em Show
Relapse
Infinite
MMLP2
Kamikaze
Recovery
MTBMB
Encore
Revival

MTBMB could move up or down on relistens.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
There are going to be a million reaction videos to that Darkness video with people looking like they got hit by a truck halfway through

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
There's like 4 or 5 songs I really like, but the rest I feel still have the same regular Em issues. He just comes off as trying too damn hard with the choppy flow and constant wordplay. On songs like Darkness, Farewell, Stepdad or songs he slows down more and actually has a through thought I just like a lot more.

Mostly I'm just glad to hear more Royce. His feature on Gon' Learn is, as usual, great.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
There's like 4 or 5 songs I really like, but the rest I feel still have the same regular Em issues. He just comes off as trying too damn hard with the choppy flow and constant wordplay. On songs like Darkness, Farewell, Stepdad or songs he slows down more and actually has a through thought I just like a lot more.

Mostly I'm just glad to hear more Royce. His feature on Gon' Learn is, as usual, great.
pretty much how I feel, but I get it, he's at that point in his career where he's just rapping to rap and there's nothing wrong with that so he's having fun with it. I'll take my 3-4 songs that I'll replay and that's enough for me.

the beats though are nice. Shoutouts Anderson.paak, glad to see some of these features. Royce as well.

Last edited:

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
Most of it is dope, I only skipped half a track, this is going on rotation.
I honestly enjoy checking out new Eminem albums just to see how bad they are. I dont say that to shit on other people's opinions or likes, but it's true.

I STILL cant get over this man doing a Yoda impression in the middle of a verse. Like, who thinks that's a good idea, let alone a good enough idea to record and release!
You need to relax, rap has always been corny. Just a bunch of nerds reveling in wordplay and geeking out.

Last edited:

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
If there's one thing you can't knock Em for it's his ability to rap stupidly quickly when he wants to, even if that speed impacts the content and quality of said bars negatively.
It's impressive. I'm not much of a fan but i got to give credit to that at least. That's a robotic level of fast flow right there.
But sure, it can probably only be done with the words that are suited for it.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
Me yesterday: Hey guys, can I get some positive vibes music?

Me today: FUCK YEA! MURDER MUSIC!

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Now let's drop a surprise Bad Meets Evil 2 next week.

Also, hope the Slaughterhouse features means they're going to keep going without Budden.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Here, one featuring Eminem.

Thanx. I actually stumbled on that exact song while searching :). Well, i like it when people have more dynamic range and personality in their flow. But still, i can't even repeat the same exact word that fast. So if they can sell themselves/ create a marketshare with that kinda stuff it's fine with me.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Second full listen:

First off above all else, the production is surprisingly good?

There is where I'm at:

TES
MMLP
Relapse
SSLP
MMLP2
Music to be Murdered
Kamikaze
Encore
Recovery
Revival

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
So far about to play darkness and it's okay. I think Godzilla and those kinda of nights are good but the rest is kinda weak. I really liked kamikaze.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Finished my first listen of the album and I like it overall, but there are definitely a few easy skips. Some songs could have easily been removed and made this a stronger album overall.

Darkness is special.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm listening to Stepdad by Alex Cameron and then immediately listening to Em's Stepdad for the weird double perspective on the same situation.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm just here to read the comments from people who dislike Eminem keep posting in this until someone notices them and starts an argument.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this guy... he's still got it...

Even the throwaway songs got some crazy bars

Last edited:

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this for a first listen. Very solid. A few really, really great tracks.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Never thought I would ever say an Eminem video made me tear up but here we are...

Also, that Unaccommodating beat is haaaawwwwwttt.

Last edited:

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I only listened to it once on the way into work.

Early thoughts:

• Production is great. I don't know who produced what but I heard a lot of Dre on the beats. This is an improvement over most of his albums, minus Kamikaze.

• As with all post drug overdose Em, the album is a mixed bag from him. When he is focused, like on Darkness, and has a message, be it political or personal, he can still write a great song from start to finish. You can see it on all his albums. When he does a song he is passionate about - his mom, dad, wife, daughters, or is political about the Iraq War, Black Lives Matter, or here on gun control, he can really do wonders.

• And in a weird way, he can also both an important topic by a weird beat choice. I can't believe the Alchemist produced Stepdad is such a weird beat. Or maybe the beat is fine but the subject matter doesn't match at all. The terrible chorus for what should have been another heavy somber tone song like Darkness.

• Unfortunately, he can't sustain it. Esp not now. I hate that each album of his has 3 or so tragic love songs about no one in particular. Same for this album. There are 2-3 songs he can easily cut that add nothing to the album nor do they show his best skill set. They are just there. Filler. And not even good filler. The In Too Deep and Those Kinda Nights are garbage tracks that are not needed.

• That said, I actually liked the Skyler Grey hook song and thought it would be another tragic love song. But it wasn't and it worked for me.

• As with all new Em albums, some good, 1-2 great, and the rest is ok with some hot garbage mixed in. And if he wants 16-18 track album, don't use love songs as filler, give me more Slaughterhouse collabos (like the song "I Will") or more collabs with ppl he has yet to work with.

• Why didn't get Q tip to actually spit a verse on the song "Yah Yah"? Black Thought had an amazing verse! It made me rewind it 2 times.

• Why didn't they get a Juice Wrld verse on Godzilla?

• Why aren't there more features? He alone can't carry an album. He could have had so many artists he respects and are actually on his label even featured here from Kendrick, Drake, J Cole, or whoever else. The features actually bring out the best out of him.

Last edited:

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this Sheeran feature. This sucks lmao. Par for the course for Em now I guess.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone is interested, Stepdad samples this classic song from Argentinian singer Luis Spinetta. Very well known here. Weird to see this there.