HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is Skylar secretly Eminem's love baby from HS or some shit. He just can't get enough of her.

bring back dina rae

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
It's been years since I've listened to Infinite so that could change if I listened to it again.

Dunno why it's not on Spotify.
I don't think Infinite is of the same raw quality as the following 3 albums but there's something about that era of hip-hop production and young Em's more earnest, straightforward writing that appeals to my emotions and makes it a really enjoyable listen.

It's not on any online service sadly and it's kind of difficult to get legally.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don Toliver carried.

And you should be ashamed if you didn't know who he was prior to this album considering he bodied Astroworld.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly enjoy checking out new Eminem albums just to see how bad they are. I dont say that to shit on other people's opinions or likes, but it's true.

I STILL cant get over this man doing a Yoda impression in the middle of a verse. Like, who thinks that's a good idea, let alone a good enough idea to record and release!

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
Man darkness was actually excellent, a Relaxed hook, good message, good story telling, I really liked it, wish he did more stuff like that more often

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Kudos to him for putting out new music

I will jam this for a while. I like his new stuff even if it ain't his old stuff

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
That single/video is something. It's very... all-in. Not sure how I feel about it yet. But I don't know enough about Eminem. Is he the sort that would do this (activism) to be relevant again? Or is it genuine?
Don't know if genuine or not but Eminem political stand is nothing new, certainly not something he came up with to promote this album.

Last edited:

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
Don't know if genuine or not but Eminem political stand is nothing new, certainly not something he came up with to promote this album.

well it's nothing new, but this one is actually really good, not sure about that freestyle. Lol like I can see people actually listening to darkness, really enjoyed it

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
well it's nothing new, but this one is actually really good, not sure about that freestyle. Lol like I can see people actually listening to darkness, really enjoyed it

Yeah I don't dig that freestyle myself, just shared it for the people here wondering if he really feels this way.

Boss

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I listen to some old Eminem albums every now and then and it's like they're two completely different people.

Rodan

Nov 3, 2017
Some great tracks, but the album is a vehicle for Darkness. That song/video. The fact he dropped that on an election year with his massive platform... damn.

Of course there's the usual smattering of skippable tracks.

And brace yourselves for the "rappity-rap" complaints from the Nick Cannon fans. Godzilla alone is insane, I don't know how anyone can dislike fast technical rapping...

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
My dislike of the album aside, I wanted to pop back in the thread just to really give kudos to that Darkness video. It's effective and, combined with the song which is not only the one gem on the album but one of the most honest and raw hip-hop tracks to drop from a big name in a long time, really helps keep the conversation alive.

I think it's maybe a bit gauche to launch that track on an album that also includes an intro track like that but if I remove the album and consider the song and accompanying video on their own merits, Em deserves props for it. Big, big ups to him for the foundation he's started too.

I may clown on him for his music nowadays but he really should be given praise for this.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
that black thought/q-tip/royce track the only decent thing on this whole thing unsurprisingly lol

even the other slaughterhouse track, i can't fuck with that whole beat/vibe.

i just can't with all the trap beats.

Last edited:

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018

He also released this song like a week before the 2004 US presidential election

And this song was on Revival in 2017

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 29, 2017
I liked his last album. But this sounds a little off. Especially when his label just recently released WWCD. I don't understand he didn't use Daringer.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
New ranking after two listens:

The Eminem Show
The Marshall Mathers LP
The Slim Shady LP
Infinite
Recovery
Music to Be Murdered By
The Marshall Mathers LP 2
Kamikaze
Revival
Encore
Relapse

MtBMB could move up past Recovery after a couple more listens.
Relapse is so damn under rated. The beats, the flow, the word play...

For me it's just below your top 3.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Gonna give quick love/like/okay/don't like/hate reviews of the songs on first listen.

Intro - like, not much to say.
Unaccommodating - Okay, M.A. kills it, been saying she's underrated for a minute. Em brought it down with he Dad joke bars.
You Gon' Learn - Love, both on point (despite a Dad joke bar or two)
Those Kinda Nights - Don't Like, encapsulates what I dislike about modern Em, couple bars I like.
In Too Deep - Don't Like, woulda been "okay" but the last verse made me roll my eyes twice
Godzilla - Okay, probably will never purposely listen to it outside a full album listen
Darkness - Like, good subject and execution. Kind of droning.
Leaving - Hate, awful beat, lazy Dad joke bars, Skylar was enjoyable
Yah Yah - Don't like, nothing grabs me here beyond the hook.
Step Dad - Dont like, singing Em hook, Dad joke bars, nothing beat
Marsh - Hate, lazy, terrible bars, hook is awful
Never Love Again - Okay, it's been done before but it's fine.
Little Engine - Don't Like, bars bars bars of "ugh".
Lock it Up - Don't Like, might move up on relisten
Farewell - Don't like, boring
No Regrets - Don't like, was close to okay but can't think of anything that stands out. Middling track.
I Will - Like, Royce good, liked Em's Wu Tang bars.

Last edited:

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017

The Eminem Show
The Marshall Mathers LP
The Slim Shady LP
Infinite
Recovery
Music to Be Murdered By
Kamikaze
Revival
Encore
Relapse

Nutso

Slim Shady
MMLP
Em Show
Relapse
Infinite
MMLP2
Kamikaze
Recovery
Encore
Revival

still listing to the new one.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Basically only liked Royce on this.

Did Eminem really open up with a song that mentions fans wanting Dre back, and then he proceeds to have an entire album that's nothing but shitty pop and trap beats? Why's he constantly mentioning how confused he is by the hate he gets, and then he proceeds to pour more fuel on the fire? When's the last time he worked with Dre? Relapse?

Between the absolute worse chorus' I've ever heard on one of his albums to the god awful beats, I don't know why I keep thinking he'll ever be good again.

scaryrobots

Oct 27, 2017
Doing Robot things

Did Eminem really open up with a song that mentions fans wanting Dre back, and then he proceeds to have an entire album that's nothing but shitty pop and trap beats? Why's he constantly mentioning how confused he is by the hate he gets, and then he proceeds to pour more fuel on the fire? When's the last time he worked with Dre? Relapse?

Between the absolute worse chorus' I've ever heard on one of his albums to the god awful beats, I don't know why I keep thinking he'll ever be good again.

lol k

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
It disappointed me so much that I haven't been back to it in almost a decade, has it aged well? I know it's gained something of a cult following. Might have to crack open my copy for the first time in forever and give it another shot.

I mean it's like 20 tracks of Em going in over Dre beats. It's a stunner.

There's some vestiges of that weird arabic flow he picked up during the drugs but not a lot. It's also a coherent concept album which I personally like.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The Eminem Show
The Marshall Mathers LP
The Slim Shady LP
Infinite
Recovery
Music to Be Murdered By
Kamikaze
Revival
Encore
Relapse

When's the last time you listened to Relapse?

That's his last great album. It all went downhill from there.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia

I mean technically Dre was the exec. producer on this album and had a hand in Never Love Again, Little Engine and Lock It Up as well as the intro, outro and interludes. I also think the beats and overall production are fine, nothing spectacular for the most part but nothing I was outright offended by.

I mean it's like 20 tracks of Em going in over Dre beats. It's a stunner.

There's some vestiges of that weird arabic flow he picked up during the drugs but not a lot. It's also a coherent concept album which I personally like.
Alright, you've convinced me to give it another shot lol, lets see where it ends up.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I mean technically Dre was the exec. producer on this album and had a hand in Never Love Again, Little Engine and Lock It Up as well as the intro, outro and interludes. I also think the beats and overall production are fine, nothing spectacular for the most part but nothing I was outright offended by.

"Executive produced" means nothing, could just mean he set up the studio times and helped mix.

"My Dad has battery charges, like a lithium ion".

I can't roll my eyes hard enough.

Edit: "Like spoiled milk cuz it's occurred"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit 2: ANOTHER MGK reference. Em, stop.

Oct 25, 2017
3 Royce features and black thought? Fuck yeah!!!!

The Allegory will be out next week aswell.

I feeling like im spoilt with riches after last years drought.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
"Executive produced" means nothing, could just mean he set up the studio times and helped mix.

"My Dad has battery charges, like a lithium ion".

I can't roll my eyes hard enough.

Edit: "Like spoiled milk cuz it's occurred"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit 2: ANOTHER MGK reference. Em, stop.
Hence the technically ;) He does has some actual production credits though other than just EP, so he did have some hand in the product, I wish it was more though. And yeah Stepdad is a special awful.

Edit: Yeah there were a few MGK references throughout the album and every time I literally hit my head against the desk. Why he's even giving the dude headspace I will never understand.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
After the first verse of Never Love Again, I'm gonna assume it's not about Kim but a car or Hip-Hop.

Edit: Naw, drugs maybe.

Oct 27, 2017
Literally his first vocals on this album are about feedback to his last album.

I don't know how he maintains the energy to keep doing this. I'll keep listening for now though.