raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't read any spoilers, so I REALLY hope that they're trying a different thing with their Superman this time around.

Not the typical evil Superman is toying with unequipped Oliver and powerless Barry, and Supergirl trashes him with no effort, again.
Evil Supes only works if he is an actual threat.

Hope somehow the good Superman would show up again ? But I don't think he can travel through the multiverse so not sure how that would work.

Also we haven't seen any doppelgangers (so far) so I wonder if the new versions straight up replace the existing ones ? Or if those new realms count as alternate realities. But what complicates the matter is that Barry and Oliver act as if it wasn't, and they just got body swapped.

I'm a bit confused.

This seems to just be a superman on Earth one whose catching criminals. At least for now.

Who knows, maybe time was reworked so Barry and Oliver were criminals who work for Crime Lord Supes and failed to pay him on time.

It's all game now.
Pretty sure the angle they're going with is that the Doc used the book and turned himself into the black Superman. You can see the personality difference in the preview.

..and yeah Slaythe, good ol' Red & Blue Supes shows back up again. You can see him in the previews battle as well. I'm just wondering if they'll have a Good Superman vs Evil Superman fight or Good Superman has to leave cause.. reasons.. and Kara and Co will take on Black Superman.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the angle they're going with is that the Doc used the book and turned himself into the black Superman. You can see the personality difference in the preview.

..and yeah Slaythe, good ol' Red & Blue Supes shows back up again. You can see him in the previews battle as well. I'm just wondering if they'll have a Good Superman vs Evil Superman fight or Good Superman has to leave cause.. reasons.. and Kara and Co will take on Black Superman.
Set photos show Martian Manhunter and Superman fighting someone.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Ah Doc becoming evil Superman would be pretty interesting.

Cause what I don't get, is that when Barry and Oliver switched "bodies", their Earth remained the same. Somewhat. Anyway the same number.

But here they're in a world with a Superman. So it's a different reality entirely, a new world. But I guess Doc being Superman would make sense. Even though not quite sure how he found out about Superman since he doesn't exist in his original world ?

Wait... They said Clark and Bruce were friends and knew each other when talking to Kassandra, but... what ? Aren't they from different worlds ? Because then you would assume that the doc would know about Superman... ? I'm confused. They established continuity with Oliver sleeping with that girl so it has to be the arrowverse Gotham ...

There hasn't been two identical characters in both the Supergirl Earth and Arrowverse, right ? I have skipped a millions of episodes so I'm actually not sure, but I thought that's how it worked.

I'm REALLY happy to see good Superman in the final episode. I was kind of worried, but I have full hope now !

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Cause what I don't get, is that when Barry and Oliver switched "bodies", their Earth remained the same. Somewhat. Anyway the same number.

But here they're in a world with a Superman. So it's a different reality entirely, a new world. But I guess Doc being Superman would make sense. Even though not quite sure how he found out about Superman since he doesn't exist in his original world ?

Wait... They said Clark and Bruce were friends and knew each other when talking to Kassandra, but... what ? Aren't they from different worlds ? Because then you would assume that the doc would know about Superman... ? I'm confused. They established continuity with Oliver sleeping with that girl so it has to be the arrowverse Gotham ...

There hasn't been two identical characters in both the Supergirl Earth and Arrowverse, right ? I have skipped a millions of episodes so I'm actually not sure, but I thought that's how it worked.

I'm REALLY happy to see good Superman in the final episode. I was kind of worried, but I have full hope now !

Kara was referencing her Earth where Clark and Bruce are semiwork buds

And doc could know of Supes cause the book shows not one but every reality

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah there's some crossovers between Earths. There's Batman on both, that's all.

Everything after Smallville is Earth-1. Reality is being changed by multiverse level power. They can will Superman into reality if they want.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

Kara's already met Batman (off screen), he exists on her Earth.

Book of Destiny shows all Earth's. Not just one. The book is from The Monitor who oversees the multiverse.

This episode explained that Deegan originally tried to give himself powers, but accidentally switched Barry and Oliver's instead. That's why it remained the same. He wasn't trying to change anything else.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Ah, who are the doubles, I'm curious now ?
Earth-X showed doubles from both Earth-1 and Earth-38. Sherloque spent time on 38 so presumably there's some kind of Wells established there.

It's safe to assume there isn't a lot of crossover between 1 and 38, but Batman is on both. Although Supergirl's Batman is still active it seems, whereas Earth-1's Batman was barely seen and then noped out.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017

It's not a different dimension/universe. The Doc just swapped their bodies, that's the only change so the Earth didn't change, nor did the number.

The book shows him everything. So the knowledge of Superman existing even in a different earth/dimension should be in there.

Wait... They said Clark and Bruce were friends and knew each other when talking to Kassandra, but... what ? Aren't they from different worlds ? Because then you would assume that the doc would know about Superman... ? I'm confused. They established continuity with Oliver sleeping with that girl so it has to be the arrowverse Gotham …
Kara's Earth's Clark and Bruce know each other. No Superman/Supergirl on Arrow's/Barry's Earth. And again, the book tells the Doc about Superman. I don't remember Batwoman saying anything about Clark(?).

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know what to expect on part 3 tomorrow night and It makes me legitimately excited.

I know I didn't expect the fucking smallville opening on part 1, of them reshooting the whole fucking intro for tonight.

I really liked crisis on earth-x, but pending how the finale turns out, this might beat it.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I feel like next season is probably the last year they can guarantee that all the Arrowverse shows will be around so they'll go all fucking out for a proper Crisis on Infinite Earths. Accelerate the timeline. I don't think anyone wants to wait until 2024.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Was that an Owl mask the guy in Arkham put on?
No, he's the Psycho Pirate.

214511-17546-psycho-pirate.jpg

Is that the first reference to a green lantern on these shows?
Nope.

arrowverse-cameos.jpg

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not to familar with Kat Kane, but is her character supposed to be this edgy in the comics? Im not really a fan of this....
Also, is it really too much to ask for Batman to finally join the Arrowverse for good in next year's crossover?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not to familar with Kat Kane, but is her character supposed to be this edgy in the comics? Im not really a fan of this....
Also, is it really too much to ask for Batman to finally join the Arrowverse for good in next year's crossover?
Batwoman has always kind of been the outlier in the Batfamily.

Batman and her have a...strenuous relationship. He doesn't really like how she operates.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I feel like next season is probably the last year they can guarantee that all the Arrowverse shows will be around so they'll go all fucking out for a proper Crisis on Infinite Earths. Accelerate the timeline. I don't think anyone wants to wait until 2024.
Oh, I'm trusting that somehow, between the hook from Nora's diary on Flash about "time being malleable" and other various things, they'll have what they need in order to push things up.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Batwoman has always kind of been the outlier in the Batfamily.

Batman and her have a...strenuous relationship. He doesn't really like how she operates.
Batman doesn't like anyone not named bruce wayne operating.

So i guess the Doc figures out he has to write himself in as superman to work because there is no superman on their earth. I wonder who had the book on earth 90

Oct 26, 2017
Batman doesn't like anyone not named bruce wayne operating.

So i guess the Doc figures out he has to write himself in as superman to work because there is no superman on their earth. I wonder who had the book on earth 90
Yeah, that's true. Still, he's particularly been against Batwoman since the whole Clayface thing.

The legends on earth 90 probably got the book and fucked everything up immediately.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking the same thing. Ratings didn't look too hot last year for the CW shows, I don't wanna know what they look like now lol.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Remember when Ollie went to Bludhaven in season 1. If Batman and Batwoman exist in this universe, have to wonder about Dick.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
Just wanted to drop by to say how much I was pleasantly surprised by Tyler Hoechilin as Superman just by the virtue he feels like he is Superman. A mild-mannered and nice guy betrayed by a subtle hint of super smugness. While I liked Arrow and the Flash, I never cared for Supergirl, so it was a surprise to see how good he is at portraying Superman.

He is probably the most fun and convincing iteration of the character on screen from what I've seen (granted, I haven't watched but a few anyway).

I was thinking the same thing. Ratings didn't look too hot last year for the CW shows, I don't wanna know what they look like now lol.

The thing to note is, for the most part, both Arrow and the Flash used to carry the Arrowverse alternatively, meaning that when a show had a poor or mediocre season, the other would deliver. This happened starting with Arrow Season 3.

Season 3 wasn't that good, while the first season of Flash was pretty good. Arrow's season 4 was probably their worst. Conversely, Flash was at its height with season 2, followed by a meh season , while Arrow delivered its best season in 5.

Now, this wasn't the case last year. Both Season 6 of Arrow and Season 4 of the Flash were mediocre at best, and it kinda seemed they didn't know where to go with both shows, and I actually think they had a good window to end the Arrowverse with Season 5 of Arrow and Season 3 of Flash. Both even seemed a very good going-off point with Oliver coming to terms with his past and no more flashbacks, and the whole flashpoint in the Flash.

Last edited:

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loved everything about that episode. Arkham Asylum, Malcolm Merlyn, and John "Stewart" Diggle. Good stuff. Can't wait for Batwoman next year. Weren't there rumours that this crossover was also backdoor piloting a Superman show? Give it to me now!
Also, I haven't seen an Arrow episode since probably January this year. How is Laurel good again??

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017