How long will Linda Yaccarino last as the new CEO of Twitter/đť•Ź?

• She will not make it to her desk

Votes: 176 13.1%
  • She will be out within a month

Votes: 100 7.4%
  • She will be out before 9/11

Votes: 201 14.9%
  • She will not last to "đť•Ź"-mess - you get it right? 🤣

Votes: 344 25.5%
  • She will be there for less than a year

Votes: 312 23.1%
  • She will be there till the end of: The Dark World

Votes: 215 15.9%

• Total voters

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
latest

"So when do we see our fancy new office?
"As soon as you fond your fancy new job. You're all fired."
Still remember Kotaku using this image for every article about mass layoffs & studio closures back in the day.

Spock

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a hard time buying into the lines of code thing, if true, not really sure what to say.

But Lol'fkn'L.

I feel like this is some kind of tech related lifetime movie playing out in real time.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
As crazy as all this is, I didn't have "Elon threatens to name every advertiser that has boycotted Twitter in a 'thermonuclear name drop' to unleash his redpilled fanboys" on my bingo card

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Can we all please not assume everything on Twitter is true without any sources? I mean sure, that seems like something Elon would do but it could easily have been made up.
i mean

just a couple days ago he asked all his programmers to print out and send him all their code for him to review

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Can we all please not assume everything on Twitter is true without any sources? I mean sure, that seems like something Elon would do but it could easily have been made up.
That's kinda Muskrat's problem to combat misinformation now that he owns Twitter. And now he gets to do it with half as many people! Not including the ones who are already looking to leave after this shitshow.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It is impressive trying watch Elon be the leader of Twitter, its PR champion, and even an Engineer to some degree, and fail at all three.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
From what I've seen from reporters who say they've seen the FAQ that was e-mailed to the laid off, he's keeping them employed (but not having them work) for 60 days, so their layoff is two months out, which I think is supposed to make him WARN-compliant in CA. The third month they only get if they sign an agreement to not take legal action against Twitter, and that pays as a bonus so higher-taxed.

It's probably severance not bonus

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Gotta say, Musk has somehow proven himself to be even more of a colossal dumbass than what I thought he was with how he's running things after, what, the first week?

Literally this image in perpetual real time:

ourexpectations.jpg

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017

It would not surprise me if this was part of it, but on an earlier page it sounded like the entire Accessibility team got the boot, and that seemed intentional to me. Like, I do not doubt for a second that Elon would say "Accessibility? We don't need a team for that. Blind people only make up half a percent of the population, and they can't see ads, so fuck 'em."

(to be clear, this wildly oversimplifies what the accessibility team does, and the statistic on prevalence of blindness is made up and totally wrong)

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
MUSK (probably): It doesn't matter if I violated the law, we'll just pay off all of those lawsuits in settlements. It'll be cheaper and it gives us more time to launch our $8 plan faster and get more money back!

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019

He isn't "losing it." He's always been a shitbag lunatic.

I'm so tired of people trying to make excuses for him, even if they don't realize that's exactly what they're fucking doing. He's a terrible fucking human being. He doesn't do or say what he does because he's drug-addled, mentally ill, or looking at "revenue and advertising." He does it because he's an arrogant shitstain who can easily have people carry his water, including those saying he's deranged as opposed to purposeful.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
It would be amazing if people just started uploading a ton of videos to Twitter and make it so much more expensive for Musk.