How long will Linda Yaccarino last as the new CEO of Twitter/𝕏?

• She will not make it to her desk

Votes: 176 13.1%
  • She will be out within a month

Votes: 100 7.4%
  • She will be out before 9/11

Votes: 201 14.9%
  • She will not last to "𝕏"-mess - you get it right? 🤣

Votes: 344 25.5%
  • She will be there for less than a year

Votes: 312 23.2%
  • She will be there till the end of: The Dark World

Votes: 214 15.9%

• Total voters

StickofRock

Oct 28, 2017
ee08817e-b55c-4c5d-a57a-7543e8daa0ff-2400x1350-1705955639.jpg

Instead of taking his son to a park, Musk takes him to a prison camp with Ben Shapiro. Father of the year!
The Killers weren't kidding when they said their latest album cover would be 'divisive'

Last edited:

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
??
When you check the linked tweet you'll see that he posted his stats.
It were 156 million impressions.

i think their point is the math doesn't work out when you compare it to what others are getting for impressions. its juiced

To the surprise of no one, except Elon, Blue Checks aren't happy that they didn't make the same amount as Mr Beast for their videos

View: https://x.com/VelutaMMA/status/1749500971674169367?s=20

Yeah, was extrapolating back from the apparent rates others were being paid. Looking at it another way, with these admittedly random users as examples, the rate being paid out per thousand impressions (CPM) comes out at

Veluta $0.002
Lacy $0.003
Mr Beast $1.603

Quite the difference, and not sure the difference in content/post types exactly accounts for that discrepancy. Pretty obvious the payout for Mr Beast is being juiced.

I thought it was quite interesting and quite savvy of Mr Beast to run the "next test" immediately though. His "model" on Youtube seems to be "spend the money I made from the last thing to make even more money on the next thing". Him giving away the $250k immediately on the platform, requiring people to actively engage on the platform, I think is absolutely a test to see if he can create the revenue flywheel he has going on Youtube. That post is already up to 105m impressions at time of writing. What's Elon going to do? Give him another $250k+ for that post too. His separate post about how much money his test post made is itself at 26m impressions. The more he tries to keep up the facade with Mr Beast, who doesn't even need to be transparent on earnings but just to keep posting, the more he'll alienate the loyalists.

View: https://x.com/MrBeast/status/1749500209061663043?s=20

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Beast doing the good work to bring X faster towards bankruptcy.

I half kid on it but even though I like Mr. Beast, the man just burns money and that is charity to the world if it's Elon's in my book.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, was extrapolating back from the apparent rates others were being paid. Looking at it another way, with these admittedly random users as examples, the rate being paid out per thousand impressions (CPM) comes out at

Veluta $0.002
Lacy $0.003
Mr Beast $1.603

Quite the difference, and not sure the difference in content/post types exactly accounts for that discrepancy. Pretty obvious the payout for Mr Beast is being juiced.

I thought it was quite interesting and quite savvy of Mr Beast to run the "next test" immediately though. His "model" on Youtube seems to be "spend the money I made from the last thing to make even more money on the next thing". Him giving away the $250k immediately on the platform, requiring people to actively engage on the platform, I think is absolutely a test to see if he can create the revenue flywheel he has going on Youtube. That post is already up to 105m impressions at time of writing. What's Elon going to do? Give him another $250k+ for that post too. His separate post about how much money his test post made is itself at 26m impressions. The more he tries to keep up the facade with Mr Beast, who doesn't even need to be transparent on earnings but just to keep posting, the more he'll alienate the loyalists.

View: https://x.com/MrBeast/status/1749500209061663043?s=20

Why is this stuff always tax free lol

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mr. Beast has caused a major schism between the Elon true believers the grifters who just want to get paid.

Though he's turned Dom Lucre into Elon's own Mark David Chapman.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
How many people would've survived the Holocaust if only they had the refreshing taste of Mtn Dew Baja Blast, now in stores!

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
This is one of the dumbest braindead stuff i have ever seen.

What's next ?
Imagine Africans would have had X during the times of slavery ?

And all of this is comming from the guy that unbans "antisemitic free speechers", blocks the usage of Starlink during military operations of a sovereign state
and visits Italy to tell them the world is lost without more real Italians.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
How is the game developer presence on bluesky? I keep Twitter around because small time developers still post updates, gifs, videos etc about their games and they're still very active. I'd move fully to bluesky or threads if the gamedev scene was as active.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Elon was around during WWII he'd be passive aggressively whining because he wasn't invited to the Manhattan Project and calling Oppenheimer "woke"

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Elon is that low but I do wonder if the message here he's sending is "if you don't advertise on X you'd let the Holocaust happen".

I mean that sounds crazy but it's Elon and...

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I waded back into twitter to check on some of my friends with the xbox layoffs- one post said it had six replies, but when I clicked on it, one was an actual person, one was spam, and four was marked as "Discover More" and four completely random tweets that weren't even replies but marked as such. They are trying to juice the engagement numbers so much, it's hilarious.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
www.vice.com

An ‘Official Organization’ on X Is Just Openly Glorifying Hitler Now

X's verification system is being exploited by accounts that pay to promote their views, including that Hitler wasn't so bad.

A suspicious account on X with 35,000 followers and a gold checkmark, ostensibly reserved for verified "official organizations", is openly glorifying Adolf Hitler as site owner Elon Musk battles accusations of antisemitism.
The account is called "Defund Israel Now" and, despite having a gold check, it does not appear to be an actual organization. It has a barebones website that was registered in November, according to online records, and only points back to an X account. When Musk took over Twitter, he gutted the site's verification system and replaced it with a subscriber model. Any account on X can obtain an "official organization" gold badge by paying a few hundred dollars a month.
The account purports to support Palestine, but, like other U.S. far-right figures on X such as Jackson Hinkle who pivoted after Hamas' Oct. 7 attack, only does so to promote outright antisemitism. In the past 24 hours, the account has glorified Hitler numerous times.
Eyes on the Right spotted that on Wednesday the account posted a clip from a Hitler speech with the caption, "Hitler encouraging German citizens to help themselves, rich or poor. Thoughts?" The account also posted another Hitler speech clip, which has since been deleted. In a Thursday post containing a screenshot of the post showing it was restricted for violating rules around hateful speech, they wrote, "So Hitler talking about the state of Germany 80 years ago is violent speech…??? Nothing in the video was even remotely violent." A post from Thursday reads, "Henry Kissinger (Jewish) was responsible for more deaths & killings than Adolf Hitler (German), yet one is demonized and one is praised. Go figure." The account also replied to a post comparing Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to Hitler, calling the comment an "insult to Hitler."
It's unclear what's going on here, but the episode is indicative of a trend where antisemitic and white nationalist groups capitalize on X's freewheeling paid verification systems to promote their views. Defund Israel Now has been the subject of previous reporting, as well as other groups such as "Stop Zionist Hate," which is a gold-verified account with 125,000 followers despite only having a barebones webpage with links to various social media accounts. That account has been linked by journalists to a network of white nationalist propaganda accounts on social media.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
nitter is dead (again), this time probably for real:

"Guest accounts have been removed, they weren't just led to believe that. With real accounts getting rate limited immediately and likely banned, I don't see any path forward for Nitter."

via: https://github.com/zedeus/nitter/issues/983#issuecomment-1913362376

Some people have talked about setting up one at home that still gives them privacy but I've noticed that a couple instances (and likely more) are still going because of the way they are configured. Both of the ones that I've used nitter.privacydev.net and nitter.freedit.eu are still working at the moment. Probably going to slow down/die over time with too many people using them at some point.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Funny how this comes out not after child exploitation stories went live weeks ago, but a day after Taylor Swift shenanigans happened.
Is Elon going to hire his degenerate Twitter buddies as content moderators? Like that conspiracy dude who had his account restored personally by Elon after posting abuse images?

Since Musk acquired the company formerly known as Twitter in 2022, the billionaire has been criticized for his own controversial posts and his efforts to overhaul the platform's content moderation policies.
In a blog post on Friday, X said it suspended 12.4 million accounts last year for violating its rules against child sexual exploitation, which it said was up from 2.3 million account suspensions in 2022.

Nov 29, 2022:
www.bloomberg.com

Elon Musk’s Job Cuts Decimated Twitter Team Tackling Child Sexual Abuse

Elon Musk has dramatically reduced the size of the Twitter Inc. team devoted to tackling child sexual exploitation on the platform, cutting the global team of experts in half and leaving behind an overwhelmed skeleton crew, people familiar with the matter said.
Elon Musk has dramatically reduced the size of the Twitter Inc. team devoted to tackling child sexual exploitation on the platform, cutting the global team of experts in half and leaving behind an overwhelmed skeleton crew, people familiar with the matter said.

Sparse

Oct 27, 2017
How is the game developer presence on bluesky? I keep Twitter around because small time developers still post updates, gifs, videos etc about their games and they're still very active. I'd move fully to bluesky or threads if the gamedev scene was as active.
Late reply, but it seems to be improving. I'm seeing game dev takes on topics of the day/week, which given Twitter is a good personal barometer that its growing.

Brivs

Creative Director, BancyCo
Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Toronto
So far, it still feels like gamedev is still firmly on Twitter. I'm on everything and while a lot of people post in other places too, you still have people primarily there, and a lot of big names (like Shuhei Yoshida) aren't anywhere else.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://x.com/verge/status/1752453393241559142?s=20

Elon Musk isn't going to get that $55 billion pay package after all, a Delaware Chancery Court judge has ruled.
Tesla shareholders approved the package in 2018, which gave Musk incentive to hit specific milestones, including a market valuation of $650 billion, which was more than 10 times the valuation at the time. The trial hinged on a specific question: did Musk mislead the shareholders when he gave them the plan?

www.theverge.com

Elon Musk won’t get his $55 billion pay package after all

The pay package was first approved in 2018.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is Elon going to hire his degenerate Twitter buddies as content moderators? Like that conspiracy dude who had his account restored personally by Elon after posting abuse images?

That dude has been sort of rebelling lately against Elon due to the Mr. Beast fiasco, I imagine Elon is regretting his decision there but like that Dom Lucre guy seems to have such a big following Elon can't get rid of him or else the crazy conspiracy crowd he cultivated will burn him alive.