How long will Linda Yaccarino last as the new CEO of Twitter/đť•Ź?

• She will not make it to her desk

Votes: 176 13.1%
  • She will be out within a month

Votes: 100 7.4%
  • She will be out before 9/11

Votes: 201 14.9%
  • She will not last to "đť•Ź"-mess - you get it right? 🤣

Votes: 344 25.5%
  • She will be there for less than a year

Votes: 312 23.2%
  • She will be there till the end of: The Dark World

Votes: 214 15.9%

• Total voters

zerosnake99

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
I don't even think it's implemented correctly because I've never seen it lol

I thought they removed limits? How does it even make sense if your buisness is serving ads?
Idk

I got the bottom of the feed, saw that message and it told me to subscribe. I was in the Palworld plagiarism thread and I couldn't go to any of the screenshots or conversations linked in that site. I can see the embedded items, but if I wanted to see something in full context or a full image? Nope. Didn't work.

Clown shoes.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just assume any rule or procedure on X is wildly inconsistent and working against you if you're not posting slurs and racial caricatures 24/7

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
After the visit to Auschwitz, Musk and Shapiro addressed the conference. Their conversation was preceded with a presentation: a video montage of tweets that could have been sent to spread information about the Holocaust if it were taking place in the time of social media, concluding that X could have saved lives.
I get that Ben loves hypotheticals as part of his schtick, but one would hope there's a line that wouldn't be crossed even for Ben.

Shapiro did not ask Musk about his own antisemitic comments, and instead attacked diversity, equity and inclusion.
Musk stressed the need for freedom of speech and rigorous pursuit of the truth to defeat historic evil. I agree that rigorous pursuit of the truth is necessary. That's true of history, and it's true of present politics. It's why I think it was wrong — in a factual sense — of Shapiro to conclude by hailing Musk as "a strong moral voice against antisemitism."
Clowned myself by forgetting for a moment what Ben is all about.

Zephyrhills

Mar 6, 2022
ee08817e-b55c-4c5d-a57a-7543e8daa0ff-2400x1350-1705955639.jpg

Instead of taking his son to a park, Musk takes him to a prison camp with Ben Shapiro. Father of the year!

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017

Not sure if posted already but here are the tweets. Musk is trying to use the Holocaust to advertise Twitter

bsky.app

Joshua J. Friedman (@joshuajfriedman.com)

Oh no, the fantasy tweets from the Elon Musk–Ben Shapiro visit include Community Notes heroically debunking @AuschwitzCampOfficial's claims that the Jews are actually having a great time. Also annoying arguments with Holocaust deniers—that's X all right! www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmlS...

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The stupidest thing about that horrific video is that it reminded me that before Musk fucked everything up the Auschwitz account would have been tagged as a state propaganda account and wouldn't need official in its tag because it would be verified

Also shoutout to the modern tweet that flashes by in the video "Abusive men will literally threaten to sue the whole world instead of going to therapy and holding themselves accountable"

beat

Oct 28, 2017
What probably happened with the MrBeast payout is that there's a limited pool (and it has nothing to do with monetizing views only from blue checks). Other blue check accounts are tweeting that their impressions were up this quarter but they got paid less. Probably Elon just diverted as much as he could to MrBeast, which is hilarious that it's still less than what MrBeast gets from YT and he pissed off his blue check fanbase to do it. This man is so cash-broke for a billionaire.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I get that Ben loves hypotheticals as part of his schtick, but one would hope there's a line that wouldn't be crossed even for Ben.

Clowned myself by forgetting for a moment what Ben is all about.
Just trying for a moment to imagine the lack of self-awareness necessary to not realize that decrying diversity while visiting a memorial for people who were ethnically cleansed is maybe not the best thing to do.

Jun 7, 2018
If you've been seeing all the anti-DEI rhetoric from the right and scratching your head at how it seems like they're decades late with all of this, you're not wrong.. The sole motivation of the bad guys in the original Police Academy movie is to scupper their police department's diversity hiring programme, with them being portrayed as spiteful, outdated, self-interested bigots, and this was in 1984. Granted, the movie itself is gently satirising the '80s push for diversity too, but there's never any doubt that the diversity recruits are the "goodies" we should be rooting for, with the overall conclusion being that this inclusive (for the time..) team of "ordinary" men and woman did succeed, and often because of, rather than in spite of, their diversity.

TLDR: If a forty years old movie is mocking your hot new "fresh for 2024" talking point as the out-of-date, racist, sexist bullshit that it is,, maybe your "1970s grumpy grandpa" politics really aren't as edgy or popular as you think.

Last edited:

Cargo Shorts

Oct 25, 2017
What probably happened with the MrBeast payout is that there's a limited pool (and it has nothing to do with monetizing views only from blue checks). Other blue check accounts are tweeting that their impressions were up this quarter but they got paid less. Probably Elon just diverted as much as he could to MrBeast, which is hilarious that it's still less than what MrBeast gets from YT and he pissed off his blue check fanbase to do it. This man is so cash-broke for a billionaire.
A limited pool implies there's some kind of forethought or plan. Hell, a dart board with numbers on it has more thought process put into it than whatever numbers Musk pulls out of his ass to give to people.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
ee08817e-b55c-4c5d-a57a-7543e8daa0ff-2400x1350-1705955639.jpg

Instead of taking his son to a park, Musk takes him to a prison camp with Ben Shapiro. Father of the year!
He still must've told his son that they are going to "the happiest place on earth".

There's also something deeply cyncal about Mr. "Free-Speech" standing under the "Arbeit macht frei" (Work sets you free) sign.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
The craziest thing about this is the implication that people not knowing about the Holocaust was the problem

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
The mocked-up tweets appear to have been badly translated.

"Kill Jews in masses" for "Kill Jews en masse"
"This is admitted" for "This was admitted"

I wonder what language they were badly translated from.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
You just know Elon would've been out there posting hmmm 🤔 under thinly veiled conspiracy posts about the economic influence of Jewish diaspora and what is due but witheld from The Great Germanic Nations by this shadow elite. You just know.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A hot new episode by that former Fox News host just dropped on Twitter. It's an exclusive interview with catturd2.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
If only we had community notes during the Holocaust
Goebbels would get a temp ban for death threats against Jews, then Elon would personally intervene to un-ban him in the name of "free speech" (and also because he's trying to win a sweet government contract to make a more efficient V2 rocket). This would be accompanied by a rant against Churchill for being too woke.

Seriously, "the fascists could never get away with it in a world with Twitter", is the worst take I have ever heard.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... we know how nazi propaganda was, it would be exactly the same on any kind of social media. It would be worse actually because it would have more reach.

Titantodd

May 3, 2023
Yeah, the few posts above have the right of it; Twitter would have been an utter sewer of misinformation and propaganda if it existed during WWII.

In the UK, we had Lord Haw-Haw broadcasting Nazi propaganda over the radio to demoralise and misinform the British public through the war. It was a concerted and deliberate effort by British fascists. WWII Twitter would have been like that, but multiplied many times over.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
The fake Auschwitz tweets are actually probably the most offensive thing he's ever done that hasn't gotten someone killed

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
if only Twitter existed during Germanys slide into fascism, says man using Twitter to aid in Americas slide into fascism

ISWThunder

Oct 30, 2017
The fake Auschwitz tweets are actually probably the most offensive thing he's ever done that hasn't gotten someone killed

Openly admitting that Twitter would have been a tool for Nazi propaganda. But it's ok, because eventually a footnote would have be added that the people in the photo with millions of impressions were actually massacred.

Oct 25, 2017

I am having trouble wrapping my mind around them. It's so fucking beyond the pale.

Even in their fantasy best-case-scenario, even in the example they made themselves, they admit that they would happily let the actual Third Reich post on Twitter, completely unrestricted.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I am having trouble wrapping my mind around them. It's so fucking beyond the pale.

Even in their fantasy best-case-scenario, even in the example they made themselves, they admit that they would happily let the actual Third Reich post on Twitter, completely unrestricted.
He's actively working on creating the Fourth Reich right now, so not very surprising.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
The tweets would actually be like:

"Jewish Group: everyone needs to be aware of the genocide currently happening at the hands of Nazis. We plead with other countries for help!"

Reply 1: "Jews making things up as usual."
Reply 2: "Good!"
Reply 3: "This is how they operate, making up genocide to ask for countries to kill the great people of Germany."
Reply 4: "I'm not even a Hitler fan but Go Hitler!"
Reply 5: "Nice try."
Reply 6: "I live in Germany - these are lies."

On and on and on...

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly think the Third Reich posting on Twitter would be less openly antisemitic as some of the folks on there now.