GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Can't help but feel we are in this mess because of rich assholes and corporations support the right wing. It's crazy how right wing politics have so much power and traction. The minority is definitely running the world.

Remember when people actually the thought the Republican Party was dead.
Someone made this observation earlier, but it's not a coincidence that people like Musk openly revealed themselves as Conservative-sympathizing shitheels precisely at a time when the labor movement is gaining steam in the US.

It wasn't too long ago that Musk was posting the trans pride flag, paying lip-service to LGBTQ+ equality, and talking about how much he prides himself on Tesla getting perfect scores on the Corporate Equality Index.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Saying the Jack agrees makes me think something is up, if thats the case why is Trump banned
Because Jack Dorsey had to vow to investor pressure. He didn't actually want to do it.

Jack himself is the one who urged Elon to buy Twitter and take it private, away from the hands of Wall Street, in his own words.

www.wsj.com

The Shadow Crew Who Encouraged Elon Musk’s Twitter Takeover

Behind the scenes, fellow billionaires and internet provocateurs bent the Tesla CEO’s ear. One of them had a very personal stake: Twitter’s co-founder Jack Dorsey.

In Mr. Musk, a serial entrepreneur with a hard Twitter habit, these men found a vessel for pent-up animosity over the company's content moderation and management. One of them had a very personal stake: Twitter's co-founder and former Chief Executive Jack Dorsey, who resigned last year under pressure from his board, was whispering in Mr. Musk's ear that Twitter should be a private company, people familiar with the matter say.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Twitter is too big and too ubiquitous for people to just abandon it en masse. It's not like Tumblr at all.

A viable alternative does not currently exist. And I find it hard to believe that one will pop up, given that Twitter has already shown itself to be a failed business model.
Yeah too many people and companies are super tied to it to promote their stuff to make money. Its not going anywhere anytime soon. Its like Youtube and ingrained into people other things appear and fail to compete with these companies. No one is willing to put up the money to even try either.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Can we please set a forum rule where all of his garbage ass tweets just go in one thread mods? I can't handle seeing a million threads about a million terrible tweets day after week after month after year again.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Can we please set a forum rule where all of his garbage ass tweets just go in one thread mods? I can't handle seeing a million threads about a million terrible tweets day after week after month after year again.
Well, he won't be president for at least 2 1/2 more years, so I think a Trump tweet master thread would be fine, at least until then IMO. It gets a bit more tricky when he is president and his words can literally and directly effect the lives of millions of Americans.

Never forget, it was his hateful rhetoric that inspired an insurrection attempt on our Democracy and has led to endless assaults by Republicans on our free elections.

His words as president matter.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah too many people and companies are super tied to it to promote their stuff to make money. Its not going anywhere anytime soon. Its like Youtube and ingrained into people other things appear and fail to compete with these companies. No one is willing to put up the money to even try either.

Companies won't have anyone to promote to if regular people not tied down to it just quit. I literally disabled my account and deleted Twitter before posting in this thread.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
That first tweet from Trump is going to break all types of Engagement records…. What a shit day that will be.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Deleting my account the day that happens. Do we know when this deal would go through and he would take control?

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
I think people focus too much on Trump, yes it would be better if he stayed banned but he's a symptom of the problem not the actual one. Secondly, Musk has no experience running a social media company and he doesn't understand branding very well, if you look at twitter its relevance and influence is generated by very few users compared to the total number of users. They are mostly the blue check demographic (and others), it actually wouldn't take many of them to leave/push against twitter to initiate an exodus of users from the entire platform.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
At least it will be fun to see Trump screw over his own social network and the other start up competitors. It's going to be glorious.

I personally think twitter with or without trump isn't functionally different and everyone tweets his statements out anyways so he literally could use it just the same with everyone acting as a middle man anyways. It's also not as if my lunatic Trumper parents like him because he's on twitter or not.

AM_LIGHT

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
White supremacists must be happy .
Fortunately I Don't use twitter that much so it wasn't that painful when I deleted it when I heard the news .

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
The problem is the media and business won't leave twitter so neither will the users in any big way and whatever is said on twitter will spread everywhere anyway, it's like hoping Facebook implodes.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The problem is the media and business won't leave twitter so neither will the users in any big way and whatever is said on twitter will spread everywhere anyway, it's like hoping Facebook implodes.
Yeah, a problem with Twitter alternatives is that not only they are small and confusing, they don't have news, brands, famous people...

You can't see a new trailer in Mastodon.

Icebergslim

Feb 19, 2021
Oh you mean alienating the part of the county who believe lies such as the election was stolen and Democrats eat babies. Trump on Twitter is bad for our Democracy but this rich fuck doesn't care.

If he returns to Twitter there needs to be a mass exodus. I wouldn't share a platform with known American traitor.

Aleman

Dec 20, 2018
Probably trying to make Trump president again so he can get more tax cuts. Or maybe just trolling. He doesn't actually care about free speech, just himself.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I mean he isn't wrong….Trump is a terrible human being, but I think it's better to have him on Twitter where his terribleness can be on display rather than divide the country even more and force people on to other platforms. Free speech applies to everyone. If he spreads misinformation they can always highlight that in his tweet which they've done in the past and I believe that's more effective than just kicking him off the platform.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I mean he isn't wrong….Trump is a terrible human being, but I think it's better to have him on Twitter where his terribleness can be on display rather than divide the country even more and force people on to other platforms. Free speech applies to everyone. If he spreads misinformation they can always highlight that in his tweet which they've done in the past and I believe that's more effective than just kicking him off the platform.
How do so many people keep conflating "free speech" as something that applies to everything or what the 1st amendment actually means? How did this get so twisted?

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City

I stopped at freedom of speech because last time I checked the US government hasn't thrown him in jail for what he's said.

If you get banned from Era has your free speech been violated yea or nah?

Last edited:

Bengraven