Status
Not open for further replies.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
kpoi73c93sm81.jpg

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
It so sucks that in order to use ultrawide I have to play offline and miss out on the social aspects.
The messages make my day

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
I think one of my favorite things right now with this game as someone who's near end game, is seeing how many mutual and other people who are like "I'm 20 hours in and just beat Margit! This game is so crazy and big!"

It makes me happy knowing just how much great content is ahead of them.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Has the texture pop-in been there since launch on PS5? I was watching a friend play earlier and the pop-in especially with the grass in Limgrave was kinda jarring. I purchased a copy on PC and Series X and have had no texture issues on either platform.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Kiled M now with mimic summon.... Quite easy and fast
Much more difficult was the tree and 2 guardians before get to the M

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
This may be a real dumb question but can anyone please explain how these numbers work. I couldn't find a YouTube video addressing these specifically.

First what is the - ( 6 8) in red representing?
Then under Physical what is the "+" sign for and the "16"?

F35hXc6.png

For comparison, I'm currently holding this...

S4SpLUw.png

Some special abilities you hold L2 and then do an R1 or R2 attack. The numbers represent the FP cast for each separate attack, as opposed to the sacred blade being just one L2 attack for 19.

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
FP cost is read as follow

-number outside of parenthesis is initial cost, that first press of the ash of war button (L2 by default). Most will have a cost, some will not (such as square off since it's considered just taking a stance.

-The numbers in the parenthesis are followup costs. If there are two follow ups, then the left is R1 followup and right is R2 followup. If there is only one followup, then it's associated with that one.

Damage values are read as left is base damage and right is scaling damage from your stats. Your base damage is only relative to the upgrade level of your weapon. Your scaling damage is relative to both upgrade level and amount of stats that you have for ones that have scaling for a particular weapon.

Thank you! Did the game actually explain this anywhere and I just missed it?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
All this M talk is freaking me out, I think they're the next boss on my list. Just gotta get through their area first... mentally preparing myself for the grind

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
You haven't really prioritized any specific stat but instead spread your points pretty evenly amongst them all.

So where do I go from here?
Also to add (hit post before I finished soz)...

If you want to respec to use something like Grafted Blade Greatsword, then ideally you'd be a lot more focused with ST, VIG, and END being your primary. You could afford to mix in some other things too of course, but you'd need enough of those three to effectively use the weapon. STR high enough to wield it, VIG high enough to survive being close and personal, and END enough to have enough swings.

If you did focus more to use colossal weapons like that, you would also have the option of trying out a tanky clases with a greatshield and using something like Barrier Shield to bring defense and guard counter in, and vary that with lower or no armour and a more glass cannon build (possibly with quickstep or bloodhound step).

Totaly up to you, use whatever you feel like using, the key is to just make sure you are making good use of any invested points and you'll be fine!

So what are your thoughts. I do love the twin blade + bloody slash, but do I reduce some of my faith?

Level 58
Vigor - 28
Mind - 14
Endurance - 18
Strength - 14
Dex - 24
Int - 9
Faith - 17
Arc - 13

Like where do I take points out of and put them in where? I was kinda hoping to use the dragon fists too or whatever they're called

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you! Did the game actually explain this anywhere and I just missed it?

I don't think so. I think the tutorial only explained mechanics briefly but did not go into details and definitely didn't define each numberical value. I would not be surprised if new players weren't aware of either thing you asked.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

So what are your thoughts. I do love the twin blade + bloody slash, but do I reduce some of my faith?

Find a weapon you like(STR or Dex or anything you like) and get the specific stat at 35-40 at least.

A bit of Vigor is also a good choice depending on where in the game you are

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
so for physick flask.
the one that increases equip load feels super broken; basically gives me light roll on any build for 3 minutes??? also the damage bubble shield is clutch af. are there any other stupidly powerful tears for it? The rolling one intrigues me but i don't know the mechanics of how many frames you get / how long it lasts, vs these two which are really really good imo

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

Level 58
Vigor - 28
Mind - 14
Endurance - 18
Strength - 14
Dex - 24
Int - 9
Faith - 17
Arc - 13

Like where do I take points out of and put them in where? I was kinda hoping to use the dragon fists too or whatever they're called

I mean, that's for you to decide. It all depends on what weapon you plan on using.

As a DEX boi, I pump most of my points into dexterity at the expense of all else. You want to try and get your main stat, the one your weapon will scale with, leveled to a good degree first before pumping into other stuff. That means level 35-40. After that you can level up other stuff while also putting a point into your main state every other level.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if I completed these side quests

Renna
I went into Nokron and got the dagger for her. Went through the inverted spire area. Went to Renni's rise and teleported into the aqueducts and got the doll.. and that's it? After I defeated Rahdan, Blaidd said he would meet me for one last fight together where the shooting star fell but he was no where to be found in Nokron? Is there more to do here? Also, Sulvis (?) was killed somehow. I never gave Neph his potion but pretended I did, so Idk

Gowry
I gave Melicent (?) the golden needle and cured her of the rot. I went back to Gowry's shack and Mel was there but Gowry was not. I left and came back and this time Gowry was there and Mel was gone and said she was on her way. Is this one finished? He seemed a little shady with his 'heh heh heh's's tbh. I picked up a prosthetic arm in Mt Gelmir and tried to give it to Mel but no luck

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
so for physick flask.
the one that increases equip load feels super broken; basically gives me light roll on any build for 3 minutes??? also the damage bubble shield is clutch af. are there any other stupidly powerful tears for it? The rolling one intrigues me but i don't know the mechanics of how many frames you get / how long it lasts, vs these two which are really really good imo

I don't think we need to spoil physicks.

The shield is fine, it only eats like one hit from a boss so it's really not that great. Haven't tried the equip load ingredient yet.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

Renna
I went into Nokron and got the dagger for her. Went through the inverted spire area. Went to Renni's rise and teleported into the aqueducts and got the doll.. and that's it? After I defeated Rahdan, Blaidd said he would meet me for one last fight together where the shooting star fell but he was no where to be found in Nokron? Is there more to do here? Also, Sulvis (?) was killed somehow. I never gave Neph his potion but pretended I did, so Idk

Gowry
I gave Melicent (?) the golden needle and cured her of the rot. I went back to Gowry's shack and Mel was there but Gowry was not. I left and came back and this time Gowry was there and Mel was gone and said she was on her way. Is this one finished? He seemed a little shady with his 'heh heh heh's's tbh. I picked up a prosthetic arm in Mt Gelmir and tried to give it to Mel but no luck

Her name is Ranni lol

Doll
Have you tried interacting with it?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Renna

Gowry

You didn't with neither.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Renna

Gowry

neither is finished.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Find a weapon you like(STR or Dex or anything you like) and get the specific stat at 35-40 at least.

A bit of Vigor is also a good choice depending on where in the game you are
I mean, that's for you to decide. It all depends on what weapon you plan on using.

As a DEX boi, I pump most of my points into dexterity at the expense of all else. You want to try and get your main stat, the one your weapon will scale with, leveled to a good degree first before pumping into other stuff. That means level 35-40. After that you can level up other stuff while also putting a point into your main state every other level.
Well, right now its the twin blade, but if I want to rock that and like an axe, what do I do there?

If I did respec, what stat would I lower?

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After beating Radahn yesterday i spent hours today getting summoned for co op.

It's just so much fun especially if you don't have the urgency to beat him.

It's by far the least successful boss in killing him through.Stormveil bosses were around 50-60% and Academy boss at least 80%.

Radahn is maybe 30%

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Tried the famous General a few times, got to phase 2 and he keeps obliterating me. So I tried the cheese strat and won.

Might as well call my playthrough Elden Cheese now lol.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
A coffin?

....really? ....wow.
There's no way we'd know this...
For new players probably not. For people that have played other souls games it's pretty expected and can be easy to tell which one can be stepped into. What's surprising however, is how many there are.

That being said how most people finds out the first time is the same, through messages.

Last edited:

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, right now its the twin blade, but if I want to rock that and like an axe, what do I do there?

If I did respec, what stat would I lower?

Isn't the twinblade mostly a Dex weapon?So level up that and lower faith. Axes are STR so it's not really an option at this point to have two different focused weapons.

For example when i was at your level i had a Great Axe with 30+ STR and all my other levels to vigor and endurance

Invicta Fide

Oct 28, 2017
I recently made it to a certain endgame area and I feel like I went from being appropriately leveled to absolutely under leveled. Everything has a boatload of health and hits like a truck. I don't mind one or the other, but it feels really annoying when it's both. I've almost maxed out my weapon upgrades and I tickle people in this area.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I recently made it to a certain endgame area and I feel like I went from being appropriately leveled to absolutely under leveled. Everything has a boatload of health and hits like a truck. I don't mind one or the other, but it feels really annoying when it's both. I've almost maxed out my weapon upgrades and I tickle people in this area.
Even overleveled that area is just a monster

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I'm aware of that.

But how the game decides what is compatible and what is not?
That's the point, I think it's as simple as weapon types.

Greatsword + Greatsword, Axe + Axe, etc...

I've only partially tried this stuff though.

Level 58
Vigor - 28
Mind - 14
Endurance - 18
Strength - 14
Dex - 24
Int - 9
Faith - 17
Arc - 13

Just putting in a spoiler to keep it tidy.

You could go for a quality build which means near equal STR and DEX (with STR a bit below) which would eventually open you up for those other STR weapons.

So if you rest those stats and use the points you had now it might look like (roughly, I think I accounted for the points...):

Vigor - 21
Mind - 13
Endurance - 21
Strength - 20
Dex - 30
Int - 9
Faith - 14
Arc - 9

Keep DEX higher for now so you Twinblades scale well, but start bringing up STR if you want to start using STR based weapons later too.

If you don't want to lose the points you put in mind and arcane, then you could just aim for something like this spread from where you are.

I'm not sure if this is right though, so please someone correct if wrong!

DonFreecs

Oct 29, 2017
so for physick flask.
3 minutes sounds crazy. How much equip load does it give?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Does dual wielding do more damage than 2H? I wanna go for it but if it doesnt, or barely then its not worth it. Would be with greatswords or curved greatswords. Dont wanna add all that weight and give up the ability to block if the damage isnt higher
There are trade-offs. In terms of raw damage, powerstancing will be better because it's double the hits. This also has good synergy with status effects like bleed. Your attacks will be slower though, so it's not a direct 2x in DPS.

2H is a direct 50% buff to STR only, but this will be affected by the soft caps. On the plus side, your attacks are probably slightly faster compared to 1H.

I think if you're going pure STR, the weight of two 20+ load weapons is probably too much of an ask if you're gunning for efficiency. If you're pure dex, you gain nothing much from 2H and might as well powerstance. If you're in between, idk do whatever is cooler to you lol.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I think tilt is getting to me, 2 straight hours trying and I haven't seen her second phase in almost an hour lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.