Status
Not open for further replies.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect gameplay at this E3, only the logo and maybe some concept CGI.

I think it would be a bit un-From like if it was just that, since they usually give a bit more during reveals. Although, going by past info this game is supposed to be their biggest one yet, so it could happen. I'm afraid that the only thing we'll get is a teaser and logo

Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be a bit un-From like if it was just that, since they usually give a bit more during reveals. Although, going by past info this game is supposed to be their biggest one yet, so it could happen. I'm afraid that the only thing we'll get is a teaser and logo

Dark Souls III did exactly this: CG trailer at E3 2015, gameplay at Gamescom 2015, release date in March 2016. It wouldn't be unusual. I think we will see gameplay at Gamescom and TGS, right now it will just be CG and infos.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Sekiro's OST was phenomenal. It's not as grand as DS but it was never meant to be, it's much more personal and grounded.
I agree. Actually, on first playthrough I didn't pay much attention to it, since I was so focused on the fights because they are intense. But after playing it more and more, the songs, especially the boss fights, I find really interesting and get stuck in my head. They are more subtle so it's easy to miss them when you are focused on parrying and feeling tense from a battle. But they are pretty great if you listen.

I love the Owl compositions, as well as the Guardian Ape, with its slightly creepy sound that really fits the battle well.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I agree. Actually, on first playthrough I didn't pay much attention to it, since I was so focused on the fights because they are intense. But after playing it more and more, the songs, especially the boss fights, I find really interesting and get stuck in my head. They are more subtle so it's easy to miss them when you are focused on parrying and feeling tense from a battle. But they are pretty great if you listen.

I love the Owl compositions, as well as the Guardian Ape, with its slightly creepy sound that really fits the battle well.

Yeah some stand out tracks for me were Oniwa, DD and the Menu Theme.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Hellblade, God of War, For Honor, Banner Saga, unannounced Assassin's Creed, plus a bunch of smaller games. It's not a deluge, but it's enough when you're not a huge fan of the setting :P
Like all the medival games and how dark souls would look like that at first glance`to people only to turn out to be far more that that? Or when people thought Bloodborne is gonna be halloween werewolf game and then be much more than that. Sekiro is comparatively smaller than those games being single player only.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
With the rumour about Great Rune turning out to be the usual green text 4chan bullshit that people didn't bother checking dates on , going by wrong assumptions isn't gonna make you some fortune-teller that will predict the setting. When having wrong assumptions is also the downfall of most attempted playthroughs of their games.

Kokonaute

Jan 23, 2019
France
So, this game really exist. Excited to see more. I'm just a little worried about the open world part, but I trust Fromsoft to make a great game.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I want to get excited but after Sekiro I can't trust From anymore.

I'll hold off and maybe pick it up on sale or get it used.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
When I first heard about this game months ago I dismissed it as a far-fetched rumor.
And now it actually turns out to be real. Crazy times.
So excited about the full reveal!

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
ezgif-4-40203c21a175.gif

I will. When I get my Bloodborne 2. I'm really not interested in yet another dark fantasy setting unless it's completely different in every way from Dark Souls.

BB2 is not happening man i think it would be better to accept that lol. Omni already said such a thing is not even in pre-production and during one interview Miyazaki mentioned that he prefers other Souls games over Bloodborne (guess he is not interested in another one).

Sankara

Alt Account
Banned
May 19, 2019
Paris
Highly anticipating this. From Software is such an amazingly talented studio, I can't believe they've been so consistently revolutionary.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
ezgif-4-40203c21a175.gif

BB2 is not happening man i think it would be better to accept that lol. Omni already said such a thing is not even in pre-production and during one interview Miyazaki mentioned that he prefers other Souls games over Bloodborne (guess he is not interested in another one).
if From don't make another Bloodborne then i guess i'm done buying their games.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
So it was real. An open world game by From Software. Even they follow popular trends, which suits me just fine since i love open worlds :p

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
If the game is successful (and it likely will be) we might actually get a successful movie or a TV series based on a video game.

SnowHawk

Oct 28, 2017
England
I really hope the gameplay isn't like dark souls. I want to enjoy the story, I don't want to keep dying over and over again because they think the difficulty of their games are fun.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the gameplay isn't like dark souls. I want to enjoy the story, I don't want to keep dying over and over again because they think the difficulty of their games are fun.

Well, for many it is. It's one of the things that made From so big. They're not gonna alienate their fans. There are lots of easy story-driven RPGs already, let From do their thing.

I do hope the faster combat of Bloodborne and Sekiro makes it in though, same with the latter's superior movement mechanics.

symphonask

Oct 28, 2017
> FROM about to announce their biggest and most ambitious game to date.

b-b-but what about Bloodborne 2!?

sigh, you all need to get some perspective

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
> FROM about to announce their biggest and most ambitious game to date.

b-b-but what about Bloodborne 2!?

sigh, you all need to get some perspective
BB2 requests are really ridiculous at this point, and shows how a lot of players don't care at all about the developers doing what they want and trying new things with their new games.

SnowHawk

Oct 28, 2017
England
Well, for many it is. It's one of the things that made From so big. They're not gonna alienate their fans. There are lots of easy story-driven RPGs already, let From do their thing.

I do hope the faster combat of Bloodborne and Sekiro makes it in though, same with the latter's superior movement mechanics.

And I get that. The souls games are great because they are challenging but if all of their games are like that from now on then they will become stale and repetitive.

Although I can't wait to see the trailer and will end up buying it either way.

LRN

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't care for Sekiro. It's not the game itself, I just never cared for the setting. Actually I don't care about the setting at all, it's personal preference.
So I really need my Miyazaki fix and I can't wait for this game.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Is it yet another Souls-like? I'm hoping the combat is more forgiving this time, even though i completed Sekiro without any major problems.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Some felt betrayed by Fromsoftware with Sekiro, just think about it. How ridiculous is that.

I shake my head so much at this bs. Like guys, come on. FROM is always at their best doing new things that they feel they want to do. Try coming along for the ride sometimes instead of insisting on always getting the exact same thing over and over.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona

IIRC Omni said that this game would be less alienating than Sekiro, so I expect it to take DkS as the base and evolve to another style (I hope it's really different and not another BB-style change, but as Bamco is paying for the game I can see them trying to cather to the big DkS audience this time, while creating a bigger game).

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, expect Dark Souls, but new and different and evolved and with a completely new story and setting, with something Celtic/Scottish, and maybe some more emphasis on story, which who knows might end up being a teensy bit awkward and janky, or might end up being pretty perfect. That's kinda what I'm thinking.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.