• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Finally a sequel to Eternal Ring!

EternalRing_front-1-.jpg
came to post this XD

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
so, where are we at now?

soulsbornekiroring? eldenbornesoulskiro? sekiringbornesouls?

Well, if it's like previous games and the enemies can drop equipment and you have access to a bow, it's also a shooter looter, shooter or gacha game. Plus souls games had light platforming and some of the combat was akin to a fighting game, and you die a lot and lose progress so the more accurate name would be shlooterbourneirosoulsrune mariovaniastreetfighter roguelike-lite.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Zero interest after Sekiro. I'm done with From Software.
See ya

This has been the leakiest E3 since Cboat leaked the entire MS 2013(?) E3.
<3 cboat

Bloodborne only excels at flavor. Rally is some lowest common denominator easy mode trash.

Hopefully they return to actual game play variety with this new IP.
The salt mines in this thread.

Last edited:

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Let me say it differently then. When that trailer or teaser drops at E3, I don't think there will be any excitement for me, no anticipation, because of my bad experience with Sekiro. Specially not until real gameplay will be shown, at least, a teaser will do nothing for me.

You don't think you're "done" after one single game they made that you didn't like is too much? Especially considering that you like the previous games so much, you don't even want to give them another chance?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Curious as to what this game is all about. But From seem like the kind of dev that can pull it off after their string of successes.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
We kinda knew this was real but holy shit Im excited about this game. Taking days off work when they drop release date.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Hope we're going into Scottish/Celtic lore with a FromSoftware spin on it.
Apparently there was some kind of 4chan leak that said it was Arthurian legend. I don't think that's likely to be accurate whatsoever, but I'd go fucking nuts for it.

I suppose it could be a bunch of different things if the lands you're travelling to are all based on separate ones?

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there was some kind of 4chan leak that said it was Arthurian legend. I don't think that's likely to be accurate whatsoever, but I'd go fucking nuts for it.

I suppose it could be a bunch of different things if the lands you're travelling to are all based on separate ones?

That leak has been debunked

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's just call it "a Miyazaki"

Only wished this was based in Aztec/ Mayan stuff like the old theories said. Not Norse again, like it seems to be. Oh well, can't wait it's going to be bonkers for sure.

I still don't understand this whole "Norse again" thing. Is this some meme I'm not getting? The only notable game of this scale that had norse mythology - recently - was God of War.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
A weave of golden rings, four circles that make up a triquetra in their center. The logo of the new project by From Software recovers a symbol of Nordic origin, and clearly reaffirms the already anticipated Celtic influences: thus the whispered Progetto Rune becomes Elden Ring.
At first glance Elden might seem like an archaic and obsolete English verb, which means "to grow old". Instead, it is more likely to come from the Old Norse "eld", which is then the fire, natural or alchemic. Or - by substitution - the bonfire, which in Miyazaki's iconography has a particular value.
A circle of fire is also the one that traps the Valkyrie Brunilde, daughter of Odin.
On the other hand, the triquetra symbolizes the mother goddess (because everything that generates life is the mother) and the union of the elements.
Waiting to know what will be the creative contribution of George R.R. Martin, the new project from From Software starts to unravel. And make us dream.
fb_img_1559977207494g3kq4.jpg

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand this whole "Norse again" thing. Is this some meme I'm not getting? The only notable game of this scale that had norse mythology - recently - was God of War.
Hellblade, God of War, For Honor, Banner Saga, unannounced Assassin's Creed, plus a bunch of smaller games. It's not a deluge, but it's enough when you're not a huge fan of the setting :P

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I doubt we're gonna get gameplay at this point, right? Feels like the reveal will be more like what we had for Sekiro at the game awards.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So all we have is a name and an image? I hope we get more at the conference. Also it's not worth getting upset over such minimal leaks. We still have no idea what it looks like and we already knew beforehand it was going to be at the conference.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
BRUH WHAT IS THIS? OMG E3 came early?

I just can't believe FROM and Miyazaki have made it this big. Having a writer like GRRM work on their next game? Damn what a come up.

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
Hellblade, God of War, For Honor, Banner Saga, unannounced Assassin's Creed, plus a bunch of smaller games. It's not a deluge, but it's enough when you're not a huge fan of the setting :P

This!

I am a fan, one of my favorite games ever is Valkyrie Profile. But it has been done to death, something different would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.