• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Lovely cover and idea for the issue. Looking forward to getting my copy.

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
So is this out today in stores or just available early to subscribers? I may just make a detour to a Tesco when I get my daily exercise later.
I remember when I used to subscribe to Edge that subscribers got their issues early.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
So is this out today in stores or just available early to subscribers? I may just make a detour to a Tesco when I get my daily exercise later.
I remember when I used to subscribe to Edge that subscribers got their issues early.
Subscribers only for now I think - don't expect this to be out in stores until around Thursday next week.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Received my copy this morning - confirmed that this issue is only about the feel good games. No reviews, features or anything else.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I haven't thought about Electroplankton in years! Wonder if I still have somewhere...

Beuntje

Oct 29, 2017
They sent me a message that delivery in Europe may have a long delay, but that they will provide digital access, looking forward!

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
For those waiting on picking a copy up from the shop, the editorial states:

Edge said:
But in these trying times, our publisher has reacted as you'd expect: first we were told we'd have to cut our pagination for this issue, then that we'd have to make it with less money, and finally that we'd not be printing retail copies until some kind of normal order was restored.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
They sent me a message that delivery in Europe may have a long delay, but that they will provide digital access, looking forward!

If it's the same way as Future is handling it with Retro Gamer (very likely, I think), they're putting them on hold for non-UK subscribers and send them out whenever things get back to some kind of normal - i.e. that could take a very long time indeed. And even then, I wouldn't bet on getting it thanks to the infamous customer service quality of Future for international readers...

That said, I did receive an email yesterday saying "your issue will be with you soon" (as if) that included a link to a digital edition. First time they managed to do this with Edge for me, Retro Gamer sometimes did (like for the current issue) and sometimes not.

For those waiting on picking a copy up from the shop, the editorial states:

But in these trying times, our publisher has reacted as you'd expect: first we were told we'd have to cut our pagination for this issue, then that we'd have to make it with less money, and finally that we'd not be printing retail copies until some kind of normal order was restored.

Yes, somewhere on the their subscribers website it was statet that this apparently is the current deal for pretty much all Future magazines. I know for certain it's the same with Retro Gamer, at least.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any mention of physical copies of this issue being sold on myfavouritemagazines.co.uk or anywhere else?

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
I love Yakuza 0, but feel good? lol

Kind Words and Dreams are my favorite picks.

You can consider a comfort game. Just think about the silly side quests, weird NPCs, Karaoke, Pocket Racing, Disco w/ those blatant 80s hits rip-offs, Cabaret Club etc. Basically everything except the main story and combat ;)

I must admit I've only played a very small portion of this list but they nailed those games. In fact, Tetris Effect made me burst into tears of joy just an hour ago. Gotta check out the other games to find some unsung treasures.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
For those interested in picking this issue up, print copies of the magazine will not be sent to stores - available to buy online only

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Thread about the issue from the, now-former, editor at EDGE:

More via opening the above in your browser.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
For those interested in picking this issue up, print copies of the magazine will not be sent to stores - available to buy online only

Thanks. Grabbed a copy. I wouldn't mind if they keep breaking the usual News, Previews, Reviews format to be honest. I know Era only really pay attentions to Edge number scores, but it's always the feature articles that make Edge worth reading. I always liked their special issues and going forward, it might be nice to have more like this but without the limitations life have placed on them and more meaty in depth writing.

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Thanks. Grabbed a copy. I wouldn't mind if they keep breaking the usual News, Previews, Reviews format to be honest. I know Era only really pay attentions to Edge number scores, but it's always the feature articles that make Edge worth reading. I always liked their special issues and going forward, it might be nice to have more like this but without the limitations life have placed on them and more meaty in depth writing.
Absolutley agree. They're very old now but I remember when they did an issue focusing on each console and PC (under the name EQUIP) back in the the early 2000s and I hoped they might continue that.

Seems like they've only done top 100 list specials outside of the normal issues since then

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Just briefly flicked through my iPad version of the magazine. Beautifully made and the choice of games has already put a smile on my face. It's also very aware of the time it's being published in - lots of references to games helping us through adversity, helping put a smile on faces and just about the joy they can bring. I'll read it fully over the next couple of days but at first glance it seems like a great way of doing the magazine this month.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I remember paying some $60-$70 for annual sub few years back. The prices seems to have dropped drastically since then.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
I think that's the third issue to sell out in a row:

You have to wonder how may copies the put up on the website usually and if they did at least increase it for this issue due to it not being available regularly.

That said, #344 (Half-Life: Alyx) is still available, but actually showed up for order only a week or two after the original store date if I remember correctly.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bought a digital sub for 5 mags. Where the fuck do I find my subscription number?

Edit: took a while but got it.

Last edited:

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Still haven't received my issue - I want to feel better too :-/

Hope issue 345 makes it over here eventually.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Mine has arrived as well. Ordered it on the 23rd April and an issue of Empire magazine on the same day, which arrived two days later, so it's just these Edge magazines that are taking extra long. Just having it here does kind of make me "feel better".

I've got issues of Edge since their gold Ocarina of Time review issue. Took most of them to recycle some years ago and only kept some that meant something extra to me and this one feels like it's for keeps. If I can get a new iPad, i'll definitely get a digital sub again.

TanookiTom

Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Sorry to bump this topic again, but I got so curious about this issue due to this thread. I am not a subscriber, but would love to get a print copy of the June issue. However it seems to be sold out everywhere. Does anybody have a clue where it could still be possible to get a print copy of this particular issue? I live in Berlin btw.

Amazing idea for this issue. Which is why I would love to own it in print, cause you could always use some guidance on feel good games. Also loving the layout <3

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I'm sorry for the bump guys but I'm having a lot of trouble even understanding how to get this digitally (I've given up on the print, it seems its sold out everywhere).

Can someone help me? I have been talking with my wife about videogames and getting her some and this issue seems it would be perfect for her to see if something interests her.