• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shawn6661

Oct 27, 2017
edge345gyk15.jpg

edge345-2v9jc2.jpg

I don't know yet if there is more than these "feel better" games. I will update if there is more.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Nice idea for an issue, looks like they're holding off from news and reviews for another month which is fair enough (unless they've chucked them in the back of the issue or something).

Great selection of games, nice mix of well known favourites as well as older and smaller titles

I'm wondering what the top 5 are, since the list only shows 8-112.
They're page numbers aren't they?

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, I wish my bookstore was still open so I could get a copy of that just because it has Gitaroo Man on the cover.

Also they cover Ouendan inside? What an issue

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
They picked Professor Layton and the Lost Future as a feel better game? That one is a total tearjerker.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
It's the best Quarantine-related piece of media I've seen those last few weeks. Would like to purchase just because it's absolutely gorgeous ; I wonder if it's easily obtainable in France.

EDIT: I was just thinking "They should really have included Sayonara Wild Hearts" and... they have

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
This is actually really nice. These are exactly the kind of games that I'm really looking for these days.

Play Yakuza 0 everyone! And Mario 3D World if/when it comes to Switch! And play Rez Infinite while you're at it!

Peek-a-boo!

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
That cover is just ... *chef kiss*

I'm pondering what could be the next game to receive a 10 that Dreams was deservingly given last month.

I see that Edge prefers Forza Horizon 3 over the fourth game (like I do) too!

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
It's the best Quarantine-related piece of media I've seen those last few weeks. Would like to purchase just because it's absolutely gorgeous ; I wonder if it's easily obtainable in France.

EDIT: I was just thinking "They should really have included Sayonara Wild Hearts" and... they have

I think you can buy the digital edition. The print edition I'd imagine is pretty hard to find outside the UK.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I love Yakuza 0, but feel good? lol

Kind Words and Dreams are my favorite picks.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
That cover is just ... *chef kiss*

I'm pondering what could be the next game to receive a 10 that Dreams was deservingly given last month.

I see that Edge prefers Forza Horizon 3 over the fourth game (like I do) too!
I love how the pick Forza Horizon 3 over Forza Horizon 4.

I do too.
As someone who has played and loved Forza Horizon 1, 2, and 4 (still enjoying that one), can you explain why? I will 100% play FH3 at some point, too, but I'm just curious. Is it the setting? Is there more of a linear progression/straightforward story to it?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
anytime i see katamari mentioned somewhere i'm just reminded how bamco forgot about the series after reroll. where's WLK? :(

edit: just noticed they included chuchel too! it's an amazing game, and probably the most under-rated game from amanita design (machinarium). i highly recommend anyone who's into point-and-click adventure games to check it out. it's pretty short, but it's worth it.

Almyn

Oct 26, 2017
N-Ireland
It's nice to see Dandy Dungeon on ANY list. I don't feel it really got the recognition it deserved after starting life as a f2p mobile game. A massive update just launched on Switch and Steam in the past couple of weeks also.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has played and loved Forza Horizon 1, 2, and 4 (still enjoying that one), can you explain why? I will 100% play FH3 at some point, too, but I'm just curious. Is it the setting? Is there more of a linear progression/straightforward story to it?

I can't speak for them, but I found FH4 lacked real growth. Events appeared meandering given meritous play only fed into a bit of extra cash with no real skill barrier to overcome. Felt like the entirety of FH4 gave the illusion of progression, meters and XP bars everywhere, but it lacked satisfaction or substance as I gained nothing from it. It came across to me as a wasteland of vapid events that required nothing but time and showing up.

Plenty disagree and appreciated the shift from classic medal-chasing to a more flat progression curve. Many probably loved the quick-fix theme park approach. Just hop in a race or event, damn the results, just have a quick flit of fun and do something new next time!

I too found it enticing for a few hours but after a few days I grew weary of it all, and within a week I stopped caring or finding much substance to keep me engaged and never went back. Meanwhile I spent months conquering FH3.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Rhythm Heaven only feels good after 60 hours of hell.

And that's a maybe.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
I can't speak for them, but I found FH4 lacked real growth. Events appeared meandering given meritous play only fed into a bit of extra cash with no real skill barrier to overcome. Felt like the entirety of FH4 gave the illusion of progression, meters and XP bars everywhere, but it lacked satisfaction or substance as I gained nothing from it. It came across to me as a wasteland of vapid events that required nothing but time and showing up.

Plenty disagree and appreciated the shift from classic medal-chasing to a more flat progression curve. Many probably loved the quick-fix theme park approach. Just hop in a race or event, damn the results, just have a quick flit of fun and do something new next time!

I too found it enticing for a few hours but after a few days I grew weary of it all, and within a week I stopped caring or finding much substance to keep me engaged and never went back. Meanwhile I spent months conquering FH3.
I totally get what you mean, and thanks for the write up! Still enjoying it quite a bit as the individual races and some of the events are just so much fun in and of itself, but, yeah. I remember when I unlocked The Gauntlet, finished it in third place, and the game congratulated me still, that I felt a bit of "that's it?".

Still having a really good time though and the seasons make for a nice change of scenery. I remember FH2's always sunny countryside getting old once I had finished the first finale.

Anyway, awesome to hear that FH3 should be a blast once I get to it!

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine they dedicated an entire page of writing to each "feel good" game, or that they scrapped months of work on this issue because of the quarantine. I'd imagine it's a layout theme or that there are tiny write ups sprinkled throughout.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much what No Depth said.

Also: I liked the strayan setting better and I loathe the way FH4 manages the rewards with the roulette and all that. I still love the game. I just like FH3 better.

On the other hand, FH4 made me discover Odesza and for that I'm grateful. The "A Moment Apart" album is forever burned into my brain, specially "Across The Room".