• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I had to make a gif of this when I saw it. Don and Huber look ready for those backdoor shady deals lol

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Neither Ghost of Tsushima nor TLOU2 will be the first presentation.

2/1 - $200 (3 Pick Parlay)

Max Zoom call participants on screen on a single grid will exceed 15.

Skip

There will be a next gen game announced to be free.

5/1 - $100 (3 Pick Parlay)

Horizon 2's subtitle will have over 8 letters.

Skip

"Solid state drive" will be said over 7 times (SSD does not count, has to be the full words)

Skip

We will hear a variation of the phrase "transports you into the game world" under 3 times.

3/1 - $100

Something or someone will be presented on a pedestal with fog effects.

Skip

Silent Hill will reveal itself.

5/1 - $200

Knack will show up.

8/1 - $200 (3 Pick Parlay)

There will be a Nintendo nod.

Skip

Microsoft will wait more than 1440 minutes to announce the Series X price, after the PS5 event ends?

Skip

Longshot - New Ape Escape game reveals itself.
4k / 60fps It will use the new DS controller in some unique way.

70/1 - $200

Lock it in.

Manyo

Dec 3, 2018
Sure, always fun to have something else to look for in those presentations:

Neither Ghost of Tsushima nor TLOU2 will be the first presentation
100 linked

Max Zoom call participants on screen on a single grid will exceed 15

skip

There will be a next gen game announced to be free
skip

Horizon 2's subtitle will have over 8 letters

"Solid state drive" will be said over 7 times (SSD does not count, has to be the full words)
skip

We will hear a variation of the phrase "transports you into the game world" under 3 times
200 linked

Something or someone will be presented on a pedestal with fog effects
100 (green goblin armour on a pedestal with fog)

Silent Hill will reveal itself
200 linked

Knack will show up
skip

There will be a Nintendo nod
skip

Microsoft will wait more than 1440 minutes to announce the Series X price, after the PS5 event ends?

Longshot

FF16 100 (those odds are too good)

Plum

May 31, 2018
Made a quick and simple betting sheet! Here's mine filled out:

NyNZ7u3.png

Here's the template if anyone wants to use it :)
t91UvqH.png

Metallia

May 31, 2018
Made a quick and simple betting sheet! Here's mine filled out:

NyNZ7u3.png

Here's the template if anyone wants to use it :)
t91UvqH.png

Used your template. Playing it safe with the bets but my longshot is simple - but also what I want if I could have genuinely anything I want. Going with my heart here.

wbjxxq.png

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I totally forgot about this! One of the best parts of these events.

My bet: FF XVI will reveal itself.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
im an adult i dont have an hour to watch this

*plays in 1.5 speed*

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they doing a website like ShockOrScoff again? I want everyone to be able to participate and have leaderboards and stuff.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Cerny will wear a Knack T-shirt or have a Knack pin on his suit

The council will have to convene once more

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the smartest money is on Silent Hill. Especially given the vague wording of the bet......they can show a clip of an old game or just do a logo reveal and you win.

"There will be a next gen game announced to be free" is a little vague to me. Does PSN Plus count as free? Does any Free-To-Play game count?

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
rewatched the ff15 showing in 2016 MS conference randomly.

that has to be top 5 worst e3 demos of all time, forgotten how bad it was.
Near to Skyward Sword bad. but at least that seemed to have a technical excuse.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
F2P is all the rage, how does it have such good betting odds?
Free to Plays best platform strategy is to be on as many platforms as possible. It would take a huge wad of cash to convince a third party making a free to play game not to put it on the previous generation. Sony, who will almost certainly be taking a loss on the hardware, can't really afford to spend that money, especially considering the existing pedigree that they have on first party. That money is almost certainly better spent elsewhere, as there isn't any guarantee that the game will take off, or have a well received monetisation model.

The only way I see it happening is in a spiritual successor to PlayStation Home that's part of the console experience. I would consider that a free to play next gen title personally, but others might not.

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
This was a great surprise. Feels good to have a betting special despite E3 not happening.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something? Dragons dogma 2 at 10 to 1 and FF 16 at 60 to 1? Is there big rumors of dogma? Feel like I've heard a decent bit about 16 and wouldn't be that surprised to see it.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
10 minutes in and this is a ton of fun. Don slid into Kyle's seat and it's like he's been doing it for years.

The Zoom question is a weird one though and a very easy skip. We know this is a pre-recorded show and Sony have had months to prepare for it (according to the rumours they were originally planning on holding it back in March), so why would they use Zoom at all? Just because they're working from home, doesn't mean they can't use real cameras and upload footage to whoever is editing it together. I'm sure this is going to looks very professional, not thrown together like that Inside Xbox episode last month.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
As Bloodworth pointed out. Horizon Zero Dawn is the title. There is no subtitle.
So the title would be "Horizon Zero Dawn: Rebirth" or something like that.
Or it could be "Horizon Zero Dawn II" and that would be no subtitle.
You took Blood's point in a direction he didn't intend. Yes, he's saying Horizon Zero Dawn is the title and that Zero Dawn isn't a subtitle because there's no colon. But he isn't saying that's the title of the series, he specifically says the sequel could be "Horizon whatever."

Similarly, Odyssey isn't a subtitle in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, that's just the title of the game, but Assassin's Creed is the title of the franchise.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the crazy odds on an FFXVI announcement is simply due to the common assumption that SE is all in on the FFVIIr series and won't announce a new mainline game until that's completed.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I loved it. Finally finished watching it, was worried something would be missing without Bossman, but Don was the absolute best choice.
They should probably do one for the rest of the summer, I think. Or at least one for Xbox and Ubisoft (since they'll probably end up being pretty close)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Don's always been a treasure, they need him in as much 'schtick content' as possible