• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
People in twitch chat are saying that eza clips is dead but are not being very helpful in providing a source, anybody here anything about this?

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't read the actual article but the source of all this is someone who actually posted here on ResetERA. Here are the posts:

VqAXuyD_d.jpg

So really not just a rumor from some unknown source, but possibly someone who has actually worked at Rocksteady in the past. Slightly more credible than just a run-of-the-mill random rumor IMHO.
Fair enough, but I still think it doesn't surpass Kyle's bar for interesting podcast fodder. But I could be wrong. Just feels like a fart in the wind compared to the stuff he usually brings up.

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
People in twitch chat are saying that eza clips is dead but are not being very helpful in providing a source, anybody here anything about this?

Damiani said in his FFXI stream on Saturday that they were discussing stopping EZA Clips and he basically insinuated that they probably will. Really unfortunate, IMO, I love the Clips show especially as it is just not possible to catch even a fraction of their streams during the week.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Damiani said in his FFXI stream on Saturday that they were discussing stopping EZA Clips and he basically insinuated that they probably will. Really unfortunate, IMO, I love the Clips show especially as it is just not possible to catch even a fraction of their streams during the week.

Damn, I like it a lot too and it doesnt seem like it would take that much time to stitch together the clips from twitch but if they dont think it's worth it than it's there call. I would up my pledge for a real clips show (like somegamenews does) in a heartbeat.

Pein

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I love clips, it's the only way I can catch some of the peak stream moments. no way I have time to watch all those streams.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I really appreciated the attention EZA Clips gave to streams I didn't have time to watch. If it's really done for, that kinda sucks.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I like the clips personally. No one has time for every single stream and it's nice to get a small tidbit from each one without having to dedicate hours and hours of my life to watching someone else play a game.

But I also understand that they might need the editing manpower to be put to use on something else.

I also need to say that I finally watched the Spider-Man costume review Kyle did and damn that was funny. Really enjoyed the casual low-key humor. Wish that dude did more.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I don't watch streams at all as I dont have time anymore. Dropping Clips would be a huge loss.

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
It sucks, but if you go on twitch the most popular clips on the channel in a week naturally make their way to the top anyway.

I've also seen a lot of people say they don't like weekly clips because it's a punchline without a joke.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I've also seen a lot of people say they don't like weekly clips because it's a punchline without a joke.
*Raises hand*
People needed to clip the setup as well. They also needed to pad the clips a bit so that they fit well when edited together (as in have a few seconds where nothing happens).

I still liked to watch them since I almost never watch streams anymore, even the group streams which I sorta became a patron to vote on.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's a huge bummer. Watched basically all of them. Perfect length and entertaining look at the various streams I wouldn't be able to watch otherwise. Huh.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just seen the post now. Huge shame nobody nobody wants to do it because it gets more views than quite a few of their weekly shows while serving the part of promoting their Twitch channel and a source of revenue, since no streams are posted to the main channel.

I mean, the most recent episode and Friend Code were posted at the same time and have about the same number of views. Not that views should be the absolute metric, but when promotional material can also be popular, that's a good thing.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
IMO, the only thing that killed the SomeGameNews comps was the fact EZA brought them in to cut comps of their biggest streams of the year.

Edit: I probably need sleep because this shit almost doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

RugoUniverse

May 15, 2018
Just seen the post now. Huge shame nobody nobody wants to do it because it gets more views than quite a few of their weekly shows while serving the part of promoting their Twitch channel and a source of revenue, since no streams are posted to the main channel.

I mean, the most recent episode and Friend Code were posted at the same time and have about the same number of views. Not that views should be the absolute metric, but when promotional material can also be popular, that's a good thing.

I suppose the thing to consider when comparing to shows like Friend Code or TTE which gets around 4k per week is that YouTube is only a small piece of the story, as the podcasts are (I assume) consumed as audio by far more people anyway. Clips just has those views to go by.

Bloodworth

Oct 28, 2017

Friend Code fluctuates a bit, but it typically does double the amount of views, plus podcast traffic. I enjoy watching the clips as well, but there's no doubt that they were shrinking more than growing and Damiani can put that time into projects that would do far more.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Want to say that I love EZA clips. I don't have time to watch most of their streams (also because a lot of them are while I am sleeping with being in different timezones and all).
I already had a horrible feeling this was going to happen with the inconsistency of the last couple of weeks.

It's a shame as it was also one of the shorter videos they had which is what some fans were asking for. I personally don't care that much about how long their content is, but EZA Clips were always short/fun videos to watch.

Oct 27, 2017
I was just about to say. Weird that they dont have enough time to do a 10 minute clip reel each week. But theres enough time for 4 allies to do an hour each week that gets a third of the views.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
More people probably watches clips than Tabletop tbh
It's probably more work to edit than tabletop (minus the recording itself, but maybe even with the recording included).
It also looks like they love to do the tabletop episodes, so why would they stop doing them?

I am not looking at you specifically and people can like what they want, but I don't get how people keep bashing on TTE, just because it's something they are not interested in. Nothing wrong with not liking it, I can understand that completely, but what does it matter if they post it and you don't watch it anyway.

Edit:
After I saw Hasney's post, I am positive it's way more work to produce a clips episode compared to a TTE one, and that's including recording TTE. If there are so much clips to sift through, it's a couple of hours each week for sure to get a clips video done. Selecting the best clips will probably take more time than they do editing TTE (not trying to undermine the work put into TTE, I still love it, but it's usually a continues video with music and graphics put over it).

Last edited:

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose the thing to consider when comparing to shows like Friend Code or TTE which gets around 4k per week is that YouTube is only a small piece of the story, as the podcasts are (I assume) consumed as audio by far more people anyway. Clips just has those views to go by.

Friend Code fluctuates a bit, but it typically does double the amount of views, plus podcast traffic. I enjoy watching the clips as well, but there's no doubt that they were shrinking more than growing and Damiani can put that time into projects that would do far more.

True, although the shrinking part was with the inconsistent timing most likely as a regular show does better. Still, I was thinking how hard could this be, probably an hour or two to download and put the clips into Premiere, then I went into the Clips section of Twitch...

... Jesus that's far too much to trawl through. I don't think people got that they were only supposed to clip the best bits, not the entire stream.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Given what it takes to produce a Clips episode, I can completely understand why it was axed. Producing it has a low skill barrier (watching the clips, compiling the best ones, and then editing them together) but is probably extremely time consuming given that they stream a lot and viewers can get clip-crazy (not to mention there being duplicate clips). Honestly, that's something you'd assign to an intern whereas the rest of the Allies are doing more high-value work. And plus, it understandably never really reached the quality of what FarisR does. So while I enjoyed Clips, it's time to say goodbye!

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there's so many hours of content to watch, it's super hard to watch all of it and then edit a best of clip together. Completely understand it being axed.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there's so many hours of content to watch, it's super hard to watch all of it and then edit a best of clip together. Completely understand it being axed.

The idea was that nobody would have to watch all of the streams as they were using fan-submitted clips. Unfortunately, it looks like users decided to clip every single moment from every stream and make it a slog.

noah rayne

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Honestly, EZA is always working themselves to the bone, so if something isn't really working then it's absolutely for the best to let it go and focus their energy on other stuff. It sucks to end shows, but it's always in service of making their other content better. It helps that they were so transparent and measured about it. It wasn't ever set as a Patreon goal (unlike the majority of their shows), so it's still neat that they took out extra time to experiment with Clips, even though it ended up not working out!

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Maybe they should assign one more person to upload streams to YouTube instead if having 100 videos pop up on my feed. Makes me not really wanna watch any of them.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Considering cancelling my Patreon pledge after being there since the beginning over the Weekly Clips news.

That it was teased in an MMO stream is hilariously endemic of the problem.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Glad we got the beat em up collection for the group stream, i find VR incredibly boring to watch

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Considering cancelling my Patreon pledge after being there since the beginning over the Weekly Clips news.

That it was teased in an MMO stream is hilariously endemic of the problem.
I can't tell you what to do with your money, but that seems like an overreaction to me (I understand you are disappointed with the news, I am as well).
I love EZA Clips and like I said, I am disappointed that they stop producing them, but I do understand where they are coming from. It's for sure a lot of work to produce those, especially if so many clips are post.
Also, they did make a patreon post about it as well (which is viewable for everybody as far as I can see):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/note-about-clips-21480085

There is not a lot more they can do imo.
It's not like it's a main show or anything like that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.