AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Enjoying the game a lot.

Still early in the career (long events) so I'm still only doing JWRC stuff, but I keep having to raise the difficulty. AI seems really very easy, and even at difficulty 85 I'm destroying them by 45 secs despite often fucking up the stage. I'll keep upping the difficulty to see if I hit a sweet point, but if I'm finding it this easy at that end of the difficulty scale then I dunno.

2 minutes 20 seconds over second place on a single stage at difficulty 90, despite me smacking the front left so hard on a post that I had to do 60% of the stage with fucked up steering and no tyre. Career mode is WAY too easy.

Last edited:

TrebleChamp

Banned
Jul 28, 2022
Has anyone managed to get haptic and triggers working on PC with Dualsense? It picks it up if wired with PS button prompts but doesn't seem to work with the DS features?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this game gets credit where deserved for its visuals. The scale of the environments and the draw distance for the dust trails is quite nice and the stages are quite varied too. Heres some shots I took from replay angles only of Mexico's El Chocolate (for no particular reason, some stages are certainly more dense)

In stage order:
y4mxSWKJ4B_lmvUmOWB07CuyF1UvKN6KcsWXMuMsmYH1OsGyvLEj3MlD7Q84eZWDKDluZA8O3YUnoiTIySryPOvJlW002STOea_xEAHdNn7AxUvXMhgzRLWwzi-kMF098TPvsP28zNqYSnS18z1NNTokFoXxlIi2pL88tNVzWVVp4ERr5wmNcahbgWl6zucPkyLQUnlMJq9iD47JpxpBPXR3_DVT_3UpW6YifDWMD4ghv4

y4mhZxdSJ9UM0wacpWB_vbv_Z8skyZIcCeyji-7XaX9JFpxquiff3pNQuiiF2dBsb5g6sxCF5FQyjNcSGQnBnhUTLnI487Xeda5KilN3gYGYZCRIjd9YmotSEWawO-mqMgLS-r4Yx3gJ2E1qHGarLdKs0ziiEpihypoE7FTYIeoEtWlirmkFTZ8DuEUYEO972o8VutbpWUbVlB7w1Z2Qw3D9WBZ5HcPBAXVZiNTVye23Ng

y4mpeBNMNeCa3LzsXswKwCX5E4KoB8HidkxfBEqEejiqtEb-0y2BlQ1kfmjGDJAowtnKft7neWCmJSo-hpLYqXyWo5ixze8cIupkDHdzzRSfSDPMzzvJEc_a5xDXa18zCKt6eiJa7YcKFoP7rXwXCD_uubo5BOyFtjzxd1siNKZ9xyXrCp6Y2jA5S_U6QQNsETP0CnBsiwzbEdxSEd2sq71ps57luxb3bSQGRLtslvZu5Q

y4mXHs0RH6VtwZr3AxgpgrpxNUBx7FgPtq7vrpMh_abpmF0BAuaw59gLHzTxCAPelOGIm7B1rEYK2zi668kgtM0TbU-RmkW2_GTGrUCRz1_RF2G0kyTlUYmckOsgaY3zQLlRf7ZJFkmwJQlBesu3KorwBpYIPauIMn9LDoKo7iDdLE5wu86SYnmxnaZwn7yRPVK7K8EgpR0McbInDk5HpjpHSnSdJ_JuuSS0WxGKi-BB6M

y4mO17TIChgD5eabHLy-I3ADw6ypwg-pDF3sEmzvXL1IKdpr-2N7Sg0U_uTQKBB4taEmoI2s2QoqApPqrNNmluoceV7jQ-Dv9sHP_x7CQpozaQvLmikx99BVSftf6YXGzACZYv7NFdGVQTFQTzssdTaiKC8rhj2EthgjDbhGFaXKaM-56HJ6XR9jwll0JB18yAoRD0RfmP5CAAt-ri_t2zC7XdGKY0sf_-nWALJ9QJTYSU

y4mRoe01ba6kz7YD2FWhfN4Gn0E3o648AJhJgaJAi8nPZ5Ag53n5Y_zsNWJhi-76cC6vPbzPS2MkwLmaWPOE6D_gQSEBH4z1USmndUQUldDJTXKvU4g0xmr2c2K-AqOXlid4BkfSYzZnxUHavOQHcwN5zxC6SH2z6HXpattE3vN-7IhffLAh5YwYM5v8F0b4IeiQ8KvocRSI7iE-JVAg_bJK43TEjf__oxwhewSXPUSOH4

y4m1rMkFPVG1e7TdDmVWI1_xTOZQXmCJ6botVSr2KcO7hBlLCtCQlJa-iohRDii0JUihqFB0mZSn_dWhlhnVWMgCfWcKlrDykwr8Xu6yXVVIil-c5_t1sDsQIGf-ZE1I17GaIVDHRpn3KAGdyqzBwqpMMTKyLUaI-7zL8GbzlJYUwAsOczUNxSvp_HbQXh5BO4lvebsf2_TUoJ0pLGJo6mndcj1MoJ407pxMkFjOQUh2o8

y4mTdMdrSPzgOIOsrhwCO9ifNAYts9OAkyhN9FeBo13dxWADv-hdgL4EUKEE-K03Y3-3dauv2eWHwtiL4-jtkNNU1ghV3HstX8WC0aVapg3SqwHsb2jtSQHgigzVFVhqDGVGiQGoh3F1uPEKD0KqsLDCX65CqOVHOiL7wHZTDGR7Tdm1WAj6-WrphK5ZbC3AKPle1l73zGAHZCx3rDxXompLIxUBjt38p0ej-XUdbjY_jI

y4m-rBiGqhonYWcNJ0SQtIsqucDF_fSE67Se5WQ4t-AtAogM-lNG30yO9BX-1Y7sVPZanWuelR_02fvtCaNWMXIoi8dY-Y04MX5vAom_vPOAgU8bakrsAM9A8a3XJQocBZFPaRE36I2t1GFvarzzfWNedpQVek9yRYzoc6Ain2rt3xrDUMYskViqv38mlsMlwr58bfo-JgV5ALZGBIRl5t3d_gUDJN07ucUzICOE13TYko

furfoot

Dec 12, 2017
Decided not to buy it after trying out the trial on game pass. Its just way to undercooked. Will buy it when following things are fixed:
  • Performance for a game which simulates a single car on a decently detailed track is just not good enough when compared to other games. Especially on PC which has the usual UE 4 shader caching and Denuvo related stutters.
  • No way to bind your wheel controls to navigate the menus
  • Lack of VR and proper tripple screen support on release.
  • No way to adjust graphics and control options whilst actually in the car.
  • Brightness/bloom issues on various tracks, similar to what DR2 had (fixed by a modder https://www.kegetys.fi/dirt-rally-2-vr-eye-accomodation-fix-v1-0/)
Real shame after having spent 300 hours in Dirt Rally 2, which I still play to this day in VR.

rObit

Oct 27, 2017
I only had time to hop into the career and do a few stages, but I'm quite enamoured with what I've seen so far. Started in Junior WRC and chose the "long events" option and I'm looking forward to the long haul. I appreciate that it seems like the Codies took a lot of what was good about the more recent WRC career modes and implemented it, it really is seeming like a combination of the best bits of the WRC games and Dirt Rally.

Getting to create your own team, branding, and even car from the ground up is so cool and makes me feel super invested from the jump. I was bummed out that in the first week of the career the benefactor wanted me to do an event in a different car so I haven't gotten to race mine yet.

Visually I'm perfectly happy with the game. So far it has run acceptably on my 2070 for what I'm seeing on screen. The stuttering is not ideal but I had braced myself from reading the thread and it was not as bad as I was prepared for. Obviously I hope the performance fixes they are working on improve the situation, but overall I'm super pleased with this package so far. Granted, as mentioned at the top I've only done one locale so far, so my opinion on that could change if other locations perform significantly worse.

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
This game is a absolute blast. I'm pretty confident and positive they will iron out all the issues. But I'm having a blast in it's current state already.

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
Okay, i have to test it further but these adjustments to engine.ini seems to have some positive results. Add this to the end of the code in engine.ini:

Code:
[/script/engine.renderersettings]
niagara.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
D3D12.PSO.DiskCache=1
D3D12.PSO.DriverOptimizedDiskCache=1
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.AllowOcclusionQueries=1
r.Shaders.Optimize=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.StartupMode=3
r.ShaderPipelineCache.Enabled=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.ReportPSO=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.GameFileMaskEnabled=0
r.ShaderPipelineCache.LazyLoadShadersWhenPSOCacheIsPresent=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.BatchSize=50
r.Vulkan.PipelineCacheFromShaderPipelineCache=1
r.XGEShaderCompile=1
r.XGEShaderCompile.Mode=1
r.XGEShaderCompile.Xml.BatchGroupSize=256
r.XGEShaderCompile.Xml.BatchSize=16
r.XGEShaderCompile.Xml.JobTimeout=0.500000

[TextureStreaming]
r.Streaming.Boost=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2
r.bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=True
r.Streaming.FramesForFullUpdate=60
r.Streaming.DropMips=0
r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=0
r.Streaming.MipBias=0
r.Streaming.UseAllMips=1
r.Streaming.UseMaterialData=1
r.Streaming.UseNewMetrics=1
r.Streaming.UsePerTextureBias=1
r.Shaders.Optimize=1
r.Shaders.FastMath=1
r.UseShaderCaching=1
r.UseShaderPredraw=1
r.UseAsyncShaderPrecompilation=1
r.TargetPrecompileFrameTime=13
r.PredrawBatchTime=13
r.AccelPredrawBatchTime=0
r.AccelTargetPrecompileFrameTime=0
r.Streaming.DefragDynamicBounds=1
s.AsyncLoadingThreadEnabled=True
r.Streaming.PoolSize=0

[ConsoleVariables]
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesDuringGamethreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesEditor=1

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
r.HZBOcclusion=2
r.SkinCache.CompileShaders=1

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\WRC\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone actually managed to do the 5-hour trial via PC Game Pass? If Microsoft's Xbox App bullshittery wasn't enough, I also have to deal with the EA app being a pile of garbage and never recognizing that I have Game Pass Ultimate and therefore have an EA Play subscription.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
PJTierney any news if the issues with Fanatec DD wheels on PS5 are recognized by the devs? Seems like there are many others with similar issues in the bug reports. Looking forward to playing the game. 😞

Bartis

Dec 30, 2017
Has anyone actually managed to do the 5-hour trial via PC Game Pass? If Microsoft's Xbox App bullshittery wasn't enough, I also have to deal with the EA app being a pile of garbage and never recognizing that I have Game Pass Ultimate and therefore have an EA Play subscription.

I was able to download the 5hour trial in the EA app, it recognised my linked Ultimate Game Pass subscription.

I could also download it on my Series X so I got 10 hours and an interesting comparison between pc and console. Console is visually very poor to my liking, I'm still considering the pc version though. With some tinkering I got a nearly flawless 60 fps on my old 2060.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I was able to download the 5hour trial in the EA app, it recognised my linked Ultimate Game Pass subscription.

I could also download it on my Series X so I got 10 hours and an interesting comparison between pc and console. Console is visually very poor to my liking, I'm still considering the pc version though. With some tinkering I got a nearly flawless 60 fps on my old 2060.

Ended up having to restart the system just to get the EA app to show me a 2FA prompt, previously the window was just completely blank. Trying to install through the Xbox App to trigger the Game Pass connection seemed to be the only way I could get it to work, just launching the EA desktop app normally didn't work (but also who the hell knows, when I was trying that was also when the EA app showed me that blank dialog when trying to install from the Xbox app, so maybe the whole thing's just broken). It is finally downloading, at least.

Please, I'm begging everyone, stop using your shitty broken launchers and just switch back to Steam. At least Steam fucking WORKS.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
I changed my CSL DD wheel settings to values shown on the video below and it feels a lot better, quite happy with it now. Switching to slighly older cars also makes it feel like the good old times, Group A etc.

Stutter fixes aside, I hope some future release improves the road textures by a lot, specifically adds a lot more variety to them. Having a 22 kilometer long Finnish stage with identical looking gravel road (texture) throughout the stage is pretty immersion breaking. And while at it, add microdetail on the road, potholes and all that little stuff is basically completely missing. But regardless, it's a very impressive first release with so many countries/stages and a very decent selection of cars available.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKMzYVRxCY0

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Only played for an hour so far and it's too early to talk about gameplay stuff, one thing that slightly bothered me so far is the damage model. It looks less sophisticated than the EGO version, I'm deliberately hitting stuff at big speeds there is a big distance between the car and the contact area also bending of the hood or front bumper looks less detailed.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Hmm, so I think the AI difficulty is kind of fucked up in general.

I posted earlier about it being comically easy even at the far ends of the difficulty adjustment slider, but for my next rally in Japan I nudged the difficulty up by two notches to 92 and all of a sudden I've gone from winning a single stage by 2 minutes with a bashed up car minus a wheel, to getting stomped by the entire field by 40secs despite driving a clean stage.

There's something fucked with the AI times and honestly it's taking the shine off the game for me. Reminds me of the first Codies F1 game where I had to play a whole season fiddling with the difficulty settings on each track so that I could create a spreadsheet of which circuit needed which difficulty setting, all to make it playable because the balance was so out of control. This feels like a more extreme version of that

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

I posted earlier about it being comically easy even at the far ends of the difficulty adjustment slider, but for my next rally in Japan I nudged the difficulty up by two notches to 92 and all of a sudden I've gone from winning a single stage by 2 minutes with a bashed up car minus a wheel, to getting stomped by the entire field by 40secs despite driving a clean stage.

There's something fucked with the AI times and honestly it's taking the shine off the game for me. Reminds me of the first Codies F1 game where I had to play a whole season fiddling with the difficulty settings on each track so that I could create a spreadsheet of which circuit needed which difficulty setting, all to make it playable because the balance was so out of control. This feels like a more extreme version of that

I haven't dived into career, but that is a huge bummer. Was an issue with DR2.0 from what I remember too. I get most of my play time in rally games running endless seasons.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realise Codies were using Unreal for this. Interesting. Any details on why they aren't using their internal tech?

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
Okay, i have to test it further but these adjustments to engine.ini seems to have some positive results. Add this to the end of the code in engine.ini:

Code:
[/script/engine.renderersettings]
niagara.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
D3D12.PSO.DiskCache=1
D3D12.PSO.DriverOptimizedDiskCache=1
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.AllowOcclusionQueries=1
r.Shaders.Optimize=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.StartupMode=3
r.ShaderPipelineCache.Enabled=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.ReportPSO=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.GameFileMaskEnabled=0
r.ShaderPipelineCache.LazyLoadShadersWhenPSOCacheIsPresent=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.BatchSize=50
r.Vulkan.PipelineCacheFromShaderPipelineCache=1
r.XGEShaderCompile=1
r.XGEShaderCompile.Mode=1
r.XGEShaderCompile.Xml.BatchGroupSize=256
r.XGEShaderCompile.Xml.BatchSize=16
r.XGEShaderCompile.Xml.JobTimeout=0.500000

[TextureStreaming]
r.Streaming.Boost=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2
r.bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=True
r.Streaming.FramesForFullUpdate=60
r.Streaming.DropMips=0
r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=0
r.Streaming.MipBias=0
r.Streaming.UseAllMips=1
r.Streaming.UseMaterialData=1
r.Streaming.UseNewMetrics=1
r.Streaming.UsePerTextureBias=1
r.Shaders.Optimize=1
r.Shaders.FastMath=1
r.UseShaderCaching=1
r.UseShaderPredraw=1
r.UseAsyncShaderPrecompilation=1
r.TargetPrecompileFrameTime=13
r.PredrawBatchTime=13
r.AccelPredrawBatchTime=0
r.AccelTargetPrecompileFrameTime=0
r.Streaming.DefragDynamicBounds=1
r.Streaming.PoolSize=0

[ConsoleVariables]
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesDuringGamethreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesEditor=1

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
r.HZBOcclusion=2
r.SkinCache.CompileShaders=1

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\WRC\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
Tested some different stages and my stutters are nearly completely gone! I also implemented the latest DLSS driver (3.5.10.0) instead of the 3.1.1.0 which the game has out-of-the-box

Jul 18, 2018
I'm having a lot of fun with this game despite the slight stuttering issues. However the one negative i have is the graphics. Water effects are lame, and the environment looks like last gen. But i think this is because i'm coming from WRC Generations where visually it looks better than this

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
zuOCSgu.png

NlO71fl.png

KnnniBc.png

194snIE.png

When the game doesn't stutter and theres no tearing on the screen man, what a game!

Hopefully they can iron out those issues.

Great pics.

PJTierney any news if the issues with Fanatec DD wheels on PS5 are recognized by the devs? Seems like there are many others with similar issues in the bug reports. Looking forward to playing the game. 😞

If it's in the forum it will get looked at, 100%.

What happens after that is beyond my control, but we have multiple people working round the clock to monitor and flag issues reported by players.

Love Henrik's videos.

There was chat about this in the Discord today. I think one of them has or is going to make a thread in the forum with details. I know one of our game designers has already seen the Discord comments but getting it in the forum means it can be formally logged.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, legit question: is there some weird setting in Windows that would convince racing games, and ONLY racing games, that I need voice narration on for everything? I thought it was just a Forza accessibility thing with Forza Horizon 5 and Forza Motorsport defaulting to having voice narration on for the controls ("PRESS A BUTTON TO START, PRESS X BUTTON FOR SETTINGS"), but I just fired up WRC for the first time and it's telling me to "press the Enter key" every time I move the cursor to a new menu item and it's incredibly annoying.

Seriously, did I turn on some accessibility setting by mistake? Narrator is off in Windows but there's a hotkey to turn it on and off that I left enabled, do I need to turn that off too? Why am I cursed to be perpetually badgered by well-meaning computer voices?

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, legit question: is there some weird setting in Windows that would convince racing games, and ONLY racing games, that I need voice narration on for everything? I thought it was just a Forza accessibility thing with Forza Horizon 5 and Forza Motorsport defaulting to having voice narration on for the controls ("PRESS A BUTTON TO START, PRESS X BUTTON FOR SETTINGS"), but I just fired up WRC for the first time and it's telling me to "press the Enter key" every time I move the cursor to a new menu item and it's incredibly annoying.

Seriously, did I turn on some accessibility setting by mistake? Narrator is off in Windows but there's a hotkey to turn it on and off that I left enabled, do I need to turn that off too? Why am I cursed to be perpetually badgered by well-meaning computer voices?
There's plenty of games that do this, not just Racing games. Sea of Thieves IIRC Had this too.

They all give you a "MENU NARRATION" Toggle as literally the first option on startup however, same with WRC.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
You don't understand why it needs to be on by default for those that don't have great eyesight and just turn it off once you get past that harrowing first minute or so like the rest of us?
No, I get that part. And I see that WRC does in fact have a toggle to turn it off immediately. So now it's fine, just like Forza Motorsport is fine.

I guess I'm just remembering how Forza Horizon 5 would just do this all the time and offer you no way to turn it off at all, because whatever's going on with its menu narration option, turning it off does NOT stop the "Press A button to start, press X button for options" from happening every time I start the game unless I mash the A button to skip all the menus as fast as possible. I was genuinely asking if maybe there was actually something wrong with my Windows setup that has made it this way, since it was now happening in a game that wasn't in the Forza series.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
No, I get that part. And I see that WRC does in fact have a toggle to turn it off immediately. So now it's fine, just like Forza Motorsport is fine.

I guess I'm just remembering how Forza Horizon 5 would just do this all the time and offer you no way to turn it off at all, because whatever's going on with its menu narration option, turning it off does NOT stop the "Press A button to start, press X button for options" from happening every time I start the game unless I mash the A button to skip all the menus as fast as possible. I was genuinely asking if maybe there was actually something wrong with my Windows setup that has made it this way, since it was now happening in a game that wasn't in the Forza series.
Seems like a bug. I've never had FH5 narrate me the main menu.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
First impressions are that performance seems quite good--100+ fps on my system, a godsend after suffering from Forza Motorsport last month--but there are definitely stutter issues that can really break concentration, as they often come when in the middle of a turn or when going through a water splash. So far, though, not a huge deal.

Still getting used to the handling. I kind of agree that it feels less difficult/demanding than the Kylotonn WRC games but I've really only driven the Junior WRC Fiesta and the Lancia Fulvia, so I don't have a great feel for how everything drives (and I might not until the 5-hour trial is up). Also not sure about the pacenotes yet, but there are some new terms in there I need to look up (is it just me or does the co-driver say "slow in" sometimes?) so reserving judgment on that as well. Other than that, seems like a solid package, and I have no doubt it'll improve from here.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Damn the game is demanding, I need DLSS balanced to play at a good frame rate 1440p on my 3070. I seem to be CPU-bound. GPU utilization drops to 65-75% and CPU is getting hammered.

Also ffb is much more informative this time around.

Last edited:

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US

A little relieved to hear this. All I've heard is how easy the AI is, so I just cranked it to 100, started an H2 event in career, and got rolled by 30sec lol

Guess I'll have to play around with it a bit. But on the bright side, the rest of career mode seems really fun. I like the way they've integrated the older vehicles into it with mini-championships.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Seems like a bug. I've never had FH5 narrate me the main menu.
I always have that issue with Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox Series X. No matter which settings I change, the narrator won't shut up on the title screen. Totally ruins the opportunity to just sit there and listen to the music for me.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
14 hour shift done 🙂

Thanks for playing, sticking round, discussing, reporting bugs etc. I couldn't catch up on everything because it's been so busy (5000 messages in Discord alone) but get stuff on the EA forum and it'll get seen by loads of staff.

https://linktr.ee/easportswrc is where useful links are, such as known issues and the place to report bugs.

Team's working hard on the next patch which will contain a number of fixes and improvements, thanks for waiting the many years for a new Codemasters rally title, I hope you all enjoy it for a long time.

I really appreciate all the work you do and your liveries. Your love for these games shines through in your posts and in all the liveries you make. I used a ton of them in Forza Horizon 5.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Does the game provide some assist to make it a more arcady experience? I found out with WRC9 that I was bad at these games but I still had a lot of fun with some assists on. I wonder if there are options in this one.

The controls feel incredible to me out of the box on controller. I was honestly blown away how good it feels with no tweaks after playing tons of racing games over the years. There are also options if you need to make some tweaks.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Decided not to buy it after trying out the trial on game pass. Its just way to undercooked. Will buy it when following things are fixed:
  • Performance for a game which simulates a single car on a decently detailed track is just not good enough when compared to other games. Especially on PC which has the usual UE 4 shader caching and Denuvo related stutters.
  • No way to bind your wheel controls to navigate the menus
  • Lack of VR and proper tripple screen support on release.
  • No way to adjust graphics and control options whilst actually in the car.
  • Brightness/bloom issues on various tracks, similar to what DR2 had (fixed by a modder https://www.kegetys.fi/dirt-rally-2-vr-eye-accomodation-fix-v1-0/)
Real shame after having spent 300 hours in Dirt Rally 2, which I still play to this day in VR.
I'm getting 80-100fps at 1080p on high native (no DLSS) on a 2060 Super which I would consider pretty OK, shader pre-comp is coming in a patch as well. For the settings, it is not the pause menu, on a controller press X pulls up the options menu, weird but it is there.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Double-checked my performance. I switched to DLSS Balanced (didn't realize I was on "normal temporal" at first) and got just under 60fps at 1440p Ultra doing the first event of the FWD Extreme Championship (I forget where it was). Switched that down to 1440p High and seemed to get closer to 80-90 but I actually didn't get a chance to watch the fps much in that run. This is on a 3080/5800X3D combo. It could be better, especially for the visual quality, but I'm okay with this level of performance. It's a breath of fresh air after Forza Motorsport repeatedly dipping to the 40s and even 30s. Stuttering was a lot better in my second (short) session as well, much less noticeable to me.

The Peugeot 205 is a lot more fun to drive than the Fulvia is, but I'm still finding myself snowplowing into hairpins. I assume this is at least partially because it's a FWD car, can't seem to get the hang of flicking the car into the right direction quickly like I could in WRC 9/Generations. I'll probably spend some more time with it tomorrow before deciding whether to take advantage of the pre-order bonuses and loyalty discount on Steam (that loyalty discount disappears when the game launches on the 3rd, is that correct?)

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
^^
I find myself jamming out to the soundtrack constantly 😎. Super fun, and great energy!

The Peugeot 205 is a lot more fun to drive than the Fulvia is, but I'm still finding myself snowplowing into hairpins. I assume this is at least partially because it's a FWD car, can't seem to get the hang of flicking the car into the right direction quickly like I could in WRC 9/Generations. I'll probably spend some more time with it tomorrow before deciding whether to take advantage of the pre-order bonuses and loyalty discount on Steam (that loyalty discount disappears when the game launches on the 3rd, is that correct?)

As someone who enjoys driving FWD cars, I'm so happy with the feel of them in this game. That's something absent in Generations, where everything more or less feels AWD. I really like the 205 and the Fiesta R2 in DR2, and after finally getting a chance to drive some of the Peugeots in WRC, the feel is very similar. I didn't realize how much I had missed them lol

I've already bought it so I can't see the offer language anymore, but yeah, the way I understood it is that the loyalty bonus only applied to preorders.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
Game is really good, though I have had to whack up the assists, as can be brutal at times. Very solid game, though there's some occasional screen tearing on PS5.

Iztok

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't get over how bad it looks.
It's not as bad as the Onrush/Dirt 5 aesthetic, but with these long stages looking at the exact same ugly rock cliff side for the entire duration is just not for me.

I don't know what to do, I loved Dirt Rally 1 & 2.

Even on my 4090 with everything maxed, it looks terrible (and not just the TAA muddying everything up - although that's horrible enough as it is). Even the trackside LOD popin is stupidly close and the assets like walls, houses are like from a mobile game?

Really can't get over this right now. Didn't expect not to like the graphics of all things in a Dirt(Rally) game.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Does the game have some daily stages public time attacks? I loved that on DR1 and 2