Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I just won the last game of my season in Road to Glory and my QB got 127 skill points for some reason, so I upgraded him from a 76 overall to 97.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
  • Discovered that FCS SE, MW, and NW were secretly using professional players and passing them off as collegiate players. Gave them sanctions and ensured they are now using properly-rated players.
    • Dev Note: For this change to go into effect, you will need to create a new Dynasty.
Didn't know Bishop Sycamore was in the game.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Hell Yeah, I wasn't crazy
  • Adjusted AI offensive line behavior resulting in less illegal man downfield penalties during RPO style plays.
A good start

ROAD TO GLORY

• Fixed an issue where users were getting Skill Points maxed out after completing a practice.
  • Fixed a UI issue related to the display of Coach Trust when a user is close to max Coach Trust.
  • Fixed an issue where you cannot Upgrade your player during Bye Weeks.
  • Fixed UI issues around Text Messages.
Thank God

COLLEGE FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM

• Generating 'Best Lineup' no longer changes your equipped visuals and playbook.

What? No wonder they were tough for the AI to beat in RTG.
  • Discovered that FCS SE, MW, and NW were secretly using professional players and passing them off as collegiate players. Gave them sanctions and ensured they are now using properly-rated players.
    • Dev Note: For this change to go into effect, you will need to create a new Dynasty.

I don't think I see anything about coach's calls in Road to Glory pulling you out of goalline situations as you're about to win or missing 4th down plays while your player still does them.

OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
That reddit post about the AI blatantly cheating (rubber banding) towards the end of games to catch up is hilarious. Can't seem to find it now though.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Hell Yeah, I wasn't crazy
  • Adjusted AI offensive line behavior resulting in less illegal man downfield penalties during RPO style plays.
A good start

ROAD TO GLORY

• Fixed an issue where users were getting Skill Points maxed out after completing a practice.
  • Fixed a UI issue related to the display of Coach Trust when a user is close to max Coach Trust.
  • Fixed an issue where you cannot Upgrade your player during Bye Weeks.
  • Fixed UI issues around Text Messages.
Thank God

COLLEGE FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM

• Generating 'Best Lineup' no longer changes your equipped visuals and playbook.

What? No wonder they were tough for the AI to beat in RTG.

I don't think I see anything about coach's calls in Road to Glory pulling you out of goalline situations as you're about to win or missing 4th down plays while your player still does them.
They need to address the ridiculous amount of time it takes to actually upgrade your player. It's a bit predatory.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Hmmm I didn't see anything in the notes about the desync error. It's been plaguing our online dynasty. Internet wisdom points toward the use of custom playbooks as the culprit but I've had it with school playbooks across all online modes as well…

OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
It has been years, maybe even a decade since I heard people proclaiming comeback AI was a thing, lol.

The video was great. The play he called wasn't the one that happened plus his defense was triple teaming one receiver leaving one guy wide open. He tried calling TO and recalling the play and it did the same thing. AI was able to get a first down as they threw it to the open receiver lol

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

Yeha this has been a bug in SuperSim for like 10 years, won't ever be fixed. People are just kinda paying attention to it now because of RTG.

A lot of the times it's not that the coach is going for it, it's that the sim engine is fucking bizarre and kicking plays will frequently result in weird runs and passes according to the sim engine. In franchise mode in Madden, if you simmed kicking plays, after a while you'd notice a lot of running TDs for the backup QB.... because the sim engine is bizarre with kicks.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
That reddit post about the AI blatantly cheating (rubber banding) towards the end of games to catch up is hilarious. Can't seem to find it now though.

There was a post on reddit where a guy was up 31-7 going into the 4th quarter, and lost 49-31 or something similar to that, and it was like "42 points in the fourth quarter and you say comeback AI isn't a thing?" They were playing 5min quarters... And... it's just... I find it almost impossible to lose with 5min quarters if you don't try to lose the game intentionally.

I've been playing madden engine football games for about... 30 years, and the question about comeback AI has always been there. It use to be considered more prominent like 15+ years ago, the idea of "RoboQB" was very common back in the PS2-era Madden's and NCAAs.

The CPU AI is usually pretty bad when down big in Madden, like the defensive AI just goes completely bonkers whener you're up big in the 4rth quarter, and so even if the offensive AI ges really good or something, the defense would just be SO STUPID doing these all out blitzes on every play, that it was so easy to audible to a pass and get a free TD that it was rare to complain about it. I think the defensve AI playcalling is nominally better in CFB25, and so perhaps if there is comeback logic by the AI offense, it seems more obvious.

On all american I haven't seen any comeback AI by the offense, I won the title with Kansas in my first year (was actualyl kinda disappointed that I did), went 12-1 in the regular season and won 3 playoff games. My final game was fucking insane, 49-46, OU ran for over 300 yards on me, I had never experienced that before in my life. THey ran hurry-up and power heavy, adn my default formation is 3-3-5 and they completely destroyed it. I'd switch to 4-4 in the second half but gave up some easy passes and so figured I was better off giving up long running possessions than quick passing possessions, but was able to win by getting lucky on 2 late-game picks.

Last edited:

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
I didn't see anything about reducing your players running into the kicker. I lost a game because every time I forced them to punt or try a FG I would select a typical block play and leave the AI to do it's thing and each time they would run into the kicker/punter and put their offense right back on the field. Never had this issue in one of these games ever

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
Has there been any mention of plans for an update to fix not being able to earn more coins for coach skills after hitting a certain level?

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I feel the game has been getting better after a few patches. the crazy rubber banding is gone for example

one huge annoyance I have is that I can't find a way to edit the personnel being used for a specific play/formation within dynasty. I want a specific receiver to line up in the slot for an rpo play, but nothing seems to make a difference. if I swap the receivers on depth chart, same guy lines up each time

i've sunk like 40+ hours into just dynasty on this. I hope they actually iterate and improve over the next few years, because there's a lot of potential to build off of. once I can create recruits, we'll really be back

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I am actually really enjoying the game, I just love the instant gratification of the college football games, quicker dynasty development, quicker seasons, love the progression. I've had a blast building James Madison up into a national powerhouse. I landed one of my favorite players ever in the transfer portal, a 6'5" 245 lbs WR who transferred from... Coastal Carolina or something, real life guy, and he somehow has 99 speed 99 accell. He was an 84 ovr WR, but if I changed him to TE, he became 91ovr, and by the end of the season was 98ovr. He was literally a cheat code, unstoppable, and I won the national title basically because of him, he was just completely unstoppable even against Georgia. Had a crazy College Football playoff game against Georgia with like a 55-54 final score that I won on a 2point conversation after getting an 80 yard touchdown with him with 15 seconds left. It was insane, one of the best/craziest games I've evr had in any college sports videogame.

ANd then of course he went pro (1st round pick) and I had to relearn my whole offense with him gone, which I also loved.