est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Road To Glory is such a big disappointment. The bugs have been mentioned by many here but the AI is so damn terrible it's laughable.

Playing as a DB is probably one of the most frustrating gaming experiences I've had. I've never seen a 5 star recruit that slow in my life. And good luck upping the speed you basically have to wait all four years because the skill points are bugged. All the receivers I play against have godlike speed and can get open with ease on my entire team. It's insane. And this doesn't matter which school I go to. Not to mention the only time the QB throws my way is if I bait HARD and by that point the receiver is too open because I have no speed. Tried messing with the sliders and nothing has helped so far, even in game adjustments don't seem to do much. The CPU just has this weird speed boost and it makes the game not fun to play defense.

It really sucks because after playing db in college this is basically the only opportunity I have to do it all again and it seems to not be given the care it deserves.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
RTG freshman questions

Running Back

Anyone know how to unlock more plays? - it says to get more trust to unlock more..but I only have 3 plays when I try to change the play. I've gained a ton of coaches grust

For passing plays is there a trick to getting the ball thrown to my RB?
Hot route yourself a Texas route and get open as quick as possible and spam call ball.
When my WR is in the open field and has an easy run for a TD, the other team's defense, regardless of rating, always catches up. Meanwhile, if the other team gets ahead of a DB it's a guaranteed touchdown.
Yeah they need to tweak the CPU speed it's crazy

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of which, when you play Dynasty as an OC is there a way to automatically skip the defensive part and just do offense?
Yes, on the matchup screen before you start the game, you can select "Play Offense Only" at the bottom where it says something like "Play Full Game"

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
x.ea.com

College Football 25 - Launch Weekend Notes + Updates

Hey College Football fans, What a weekend! Coming off of the worldwide launch weekend of EA SPORTS™ College Football 25, we wanted to say THANK YOU! It has been a very surreal feeling for us to see the reception to our passion project. We have been taking notes over the weekend as we watched...

Blog with some feedback they've received over the past weekend. It looks like a lot of the dynasty issues will be fixed in the upcoming title update.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
More General Questions -

What scheme/offense should I go to if I have a RTG RB. I went to USC..and I get maybe 10-12 carries a game. I was at Stanford in year one and I got 20-30 carries each game. It helped because I always had a running play that I could change the play too. But USC I don't.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
More General Questions -

What scheme/offense should I go to if I have a RTG RB. I went to USC..and I get maybe 10-12 carries a game. I was at Stanford in year one and I got 20-30 carries each game. It helped because I always had a running play that I could change the play too. But USC I don't.
If you're an RB stay away from Air Raid and Spread offenses. My RB is on Iowa which has a Pro Style offense and I get a ton of carries.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Road To Glory is such a big disappointment. The bugs have been mentioned by many here but the AI is so damn terrible it's laughable.

Playing as a DB is probably one of the most frustrating gaming experiences I've had. I've never seen a 5 star recruit that slow in my life. And good luck upping the speed you basically have to wait all four years because the skill points are bugged. All the receivers I play against have godlike speed and can get open with ease on my entire team. It's insane. And this doesn't matter which school I go to. Not to mention the only time the QB throws my way is if I bait HARD and by that point the receiver is too open because I have no speed. Tried messing with the sliders and nothing has helped so far, even in game adjustments don't seem to do much. The CPU just has this weird speed boost and it makes the game not fun to play defense.

It really sucks because after playing db in college this is basically the only opportunity I have to do it all again and it seems to not be given the care it deserves.

Oh yeah the AI is bad... for some reason the AI Dbs can't tackle.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Do you mean the corners swatting the ball, or the defensive line batting it down at the line of scrimmage?

For corners breaking up the pass, you have to anticipate when your reciever is gonna make his break the route. Pretty much you wanna throw the ball just before the break so the corner cant make up the space to swat the ball down. Deep passes are gonna be 50/50 though.

When I go to throw I see a bar filling up to like blue - yellow - red. I assume red is bad?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, yeah.

Red = inaccurate pass, low catch probability
Yellow = inaccurate pass, but still catchable
Blue = accurate pass. Tapping the button results in a lob. Holding the button to roughly half way full is a touch pass. And a full blue meter is a bullet pass.
I see. So I need to hold it down so it fills to blue but before it turns yellow or red? I thought yellow was like Gold since it's a full bar and that was the best lol. Explains a lot about my passing game

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you!

Also, for some routes, right after my RB catches the ball, he tends to just fall down...is this by design..or am I messing that up somehow with controls?
Be careful spamming the call for ball because it also is "secure catch" when the ball is in the air, which makes your player fall when they catch it. Just try tapping square or x on xbox when the ball is in the air to make you catch and run

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
I see. So I need to hold it down so it fills to blue but before it turns yellow or red? I thought yellow was like Gold since it's a full bar and that was the best lol. Explains a lot about my passing game
Yup, thats right.

Also I only played the trial and didn't mess around to much with other things in the passing game that may have transferred over from Madden such as using the left stick to influence the direction of a pass. Or using L2 or L1 to throw a high/low pass.

So far I'm indifferent on the pass meter. I mean like it, but it doesn't really make sense that lobs and touch passes are always considered accurate, since that's just not realistic.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Nice touch that navy home games have people in uniform in the crowd.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gosh dang am I frustrated with the Teambuilder website! Went through the whole process of making a team and at the end I get told the logo on the helmet is in violation of the terms and services… huh?! Why not tell me that when I upload the logo? Also WHY?! It's a wholly original logo that's not copyrighted or anything… what a huge waste of my time!

Apr 27, 2020
Ah, yeah.

Red = inaccurate pass, low catch probability
Yellow = inaccurate pass, but still catchable
Blue = accurate pass. Tapping the button results in a lob. Holding the button to roughly half way full is a touch pass. And a full blue meter is a bullet pass.

I thought it's

Blue = Early release
Yellow = Good release
Red = Late release

That's how I've been judging my throws lol

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Going to have to swallow my pride and decrease my dynasty difficulty to Varsity. Really getting it handed to me by the AI. Buggy penalties and turnovers sure don't help.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Just won my second national championship with Tulsa, I unlocked program builder and CEO so will be interested to see if now I start getting head coach offers.

On a different note just had an absolutely bonkers recruiting class. 33 total, 2 5*, 17 4* and 14 3*'s. 27 gems in total.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I just got the game through Gamefly and installing it now. So far I'm hearing that the presentation is amazing, but the gameplay can be a letdown. But I'm going in with no expectations to first take my Yellow Jackets to the championship.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Is it common to get an "illegal man downfield" flag almost every time I try to pass in an RPO play? I feel like I don't understand how to avoid it, so whenever I get it in RTG, I just let the run happen or try to pick a different play.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Albion
For the life of me, I can't stop any hurry up offense. Anytime an opponent runs no huddle, I get stomped.

Is it common to get an "illegal man downfield" flag almost every time I try to pass in an RPO play? I feel like I don't understand how to avoid it, so whenever I get it in RTG, I just let the run happen or try to pick a different play.
On RPO plays, if you go with pass, you have to do it quickly. The linemen by default will run downfield to block for the runner.

Last edited:

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
My RTG corner with a 97 speed getting burnt by an 88 speed wr is crazy. What setting/slider do I toggle for this?

zyxwvu4321

Oct 25, 2017
That's the most frustrating part of the game to me. I'll hit the pass button the instant the ball in my QB's hands and still get ineligible down field.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
91 overall Oklahoma (that's the 4th best team by ratings) is 1-7 in the 5th season of my dynasty. They have to patch this madness.

Guffers

Nov 1, 2017
Going to have to swallow my pride and decrease my dynasty difficulty to Varsity. Really getting it handed to me by the AI. Buggy penalties and turnovers sure don't help.

I'm the same. I've been playing football games for 30 years but am getting absolutely smacked in this one. It feels like my D has zero pass rush whilst the AI is onto my QB within 2 seconds. That combined with the zippy pace of the game makes passing almost impossible for me. I guess I'm old and can't read the play properly anymore.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Forcing receivers to come back to the ball (left stick while still giving them some momentum the direction they were heading) has really helped me open up the passing in this game. I wasn't landing anything across the middle other than maybe a few TE plays because the defense are phenomenal at making cuts towards the ball regardless of if they are in front of or behind the receiver. Making the receiver come towards the ball seems to disrupt that quite a bit. Have had similar luck throwing over the sideline shoulder on fades down the sidelines, although the db's still have 20ft verticals sometimes.

LightInfa

Oct 27, 2017
Started a dynasty as Navy with the triple option so I don't have to worry about passing. 7-0 and just beat #9 Notre Dame which was a huge test. I'm not particularly good at these games, but I've found Varsity difficulty is enough to give me a satisfying challenge without being overly frustrating. A little overwhelmed by the amount of depth on and off the field, but I am grateful I can automate as much or as little as I want to. Just very fun to be playing a modern college football game again.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Started a dynasty as Navy with the triple option so I don't have to worry about passing. 7-0 and just beat #9 Notre Dame which was a huge test. I'm not particularly good at these games, but I've found Varsity difficulty is enough to give me a satisfying challenge without being overly frustrating. A little overwhelmed by the amount of depth on and off the field, but I am grateful I can automate as much or as little as I want to. Just very fun to be playing a modern college football game again.

I love option football. My Nebraska Dynasty has been tons of option, power, zone and counters. Jet sweep is at least as of pre patch, god tier.

Then they crowd the box and you hit the TE with the big play.

The 3rd and 15 QB draws for a first down are taking me back to the Solich era

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Well I don't know if it was the patch or because I had unlocked the CEO trait for my coach but I did finally get offered a good head coaching job

Etheid0n

Nov 29, 2020
I think I'm done after the ea trial. I've had some fun playing a few games, but as a casual football fan I don't see a lot of depth for full price.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anything in the game that can teach me what the heck I'm doing? I've never really watched much football and honestly just have no clue wtf I'm doing. Been playing some exhibitions with Oregon and doing fine, but don't really understand all the plays, options, etc.

Skyshark

Apr 26, 2021
Just finished 10-3 as Georgia State after 1 season, including a bowl win. Not a good bowl, mind you. But my rolb was defensive player of the year, rb was rb of the year and wr was the heisman winner. Got some three stars coming in on defense for next year so hopefully it'll help my turnstile of a d and get me into the top 25 some time in season 2.