lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Pop Tart Bowl is in!

For real though, recruiting and roster management sound amazing. Really fleshing out the perk system for the coaching trees was a great read as well.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Im gonna have to quit my job when this game comes out. It looks incredible. They have done a fantastic job retaining the great parts of 14, incorporating things we loved in previous games, but also modernized so many things as well.

I already have my PTO in at work. Yes Ill be paying 100 dollars to play early. The joke is on them, because I would have paid a lot more than that lol.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

CFB25_Pre-Snap-Recognition-1_WebScreen_004_16x9_Watermark-e1716907223841-1024x681.png

I missed this post....

What team is that?

Heh

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
The off field stuff in the Dynasty mode sounds super detailed and cool. Hopefully the gameplay stacks up.

Do most Dynasty players sim the games and just control the other stuff? Coming from NHL and MLB I'm used to simulating most of the games but with just a 12 (I think it's 12?) game season I feel like you might as well play it out, as long as it's fun.

tjh282

May 29, 2019
So how bad will it be if pipelines are fixed if you want to build a smaller school into a powerhouse I wonder?

My read on it is small schools in Texas and the SE will have an advantage over say Central Michigan because they'll have an easier time getting a 3/4 star in region than Central would since their out of region.

In short, the meta build up dynasty teams will be the Sunbelt schools.

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
Omg I am so excited after today's franchise deep dive. This looks so fun and I've missed this franchise so much. A lot of life has passed by in 10 years. I was a young teenager playing this in 2003 and now I'm in my mid 30's. Crazy… so happy this back. It's a weird feeling (in a good way). The memories of the old days are replaying over and over in my head. What I would do, to relive that summertime fun.

Only gripe for me (thus far) is no exporting draft class. That's a huge bummer but I'll get over it.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

RetroGiant

Oct 25, 2017
Can you be offered or leave a head coaching position for say an offensive coordinator position at a larger school or is it head coaches only when accepting new positions? Working my way through the blog but not seeing if that was a thing.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
The off field stuff in the Dynasty mode sounds super detailed and cool. Hopefully the gameplay stacks up.

Do most Dynasty players sim the games and just control the other stuff? Coming from NHL and MLB I'm used to simulating most of the games but with just a 12 (I think it's 12?) game season I feel like you might as well play it out, as long as it's fun.

I simulate a lot of the time to be honest. The building a team stuff has always been more important to me. That's why the FM series is one of my most played games ever.

Can you be offered or leave a head coaching position for say an offensive coordinator position at a larger school or is it head coaches only when accepting new positions? Working my way through the blog but not seeing if that was a thing.

Gonna assume no since it wasn't mentioned.

RetroGiant

Oct 25, 2017
I can't remember in the past but is there a legit "coach mode" during the game where you can either, and ideally, A: just call plays and the computer plays out each snap, or B: just let the computer play the game out entirely?

kolsonk

Jul 6, 2021
I can't remember in the past but is there a legit "coach mode" during the game where you can either, and ideally, A: just call plays and the computer plays out each snap, or B: just let the computer play the game out entirely?
Yes I believe there was both a coach mode and the ability to simulate games

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
**Fixed

We'll always be the first team to ever go an undefeated 15-0 in the College Football Playoff Era, Go Tigers!

I'm ok with them releasing some Gamecock screenshots.

(I'll take anything I can see of the game in the next 2 weeks)
My bad you're absolutely right, win multiple nattys again. Go Tigers!

tmac456

May 27, 2020
Dynasty sounds so freaking detailed and just overall fantastic. Need these next 2 weeks to fly by

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO

RainsJitt

May 14, 2024
Gameplay looks good. Crowd looks like the same levels of funny as before. Same models repeated all over the place. I really can't wait to fire up the trial to see if that nailed this.

RMChoodie

Dec 27, 2021
American in Costa Rica
Much would have preferred a developer walkthrough
I had to after 5 minutes to watch it on mute
Esports phony exaggeration celebrations with cliche ridden remarks bore me so yeah waiting on the RTG trailer but locked in ready to go day one

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I saw "21 minute gameplay first look" and thought it'd be a 21 min dev-led deep dive and was like "holy shit..." seeing it's a PvP matchup of gameplay, eh. Whatever. Still gonna watch, still nice to see the replay breakdowns.

They introduced the passing meter in Madden last year, right? Even though I played Madden I don't really remember it playing any differently than in the past. It's one of the weirdest things about football games the last 25 years, despite pressure sensitive analog buttons on PS2, "touch passing" things from 360/PS3, etc, it's still has always felt like "tap to lob" and "hold to bullet" is the passing mechanic from Madden '98 and it's basically unchanged for 25 years in terms of how to press the buttons (I get leading, low throw, high throw,e tc, modifiers).

Ooh I like the new indicator below the player. On the right of the circle is fatigue, on the left is wear & tear. THat's great. There was a bug in last year's madden when you didn't have the ability to set gameplan (like with a new coach) where ALL your players would be red fatigue the last 2-3 weeks of the season + playoffs, even if you didn't play them at all, because the AI controlled your practicing schedule and would go max out on every starter. It's good to see this on the field rather than having to do it in the play selection menu. I like the difference between fatigue and wear & tear, too.

Two different types of pitches on the option is cool. Tap L1/LB for a "quick pitch" a sort of "oh fuck oh fuck" pitch when you're being tackled and need to make a miraculous pitch. Hold L1/LB for a more measured, controlled pitch which has a better chance of getting there, but is harder/longer to release. I hope there's good risk + reward there, that it might be better to take the tackle for loss than to *always* do the riskier pitch, like hoping there's more fumble / mistake opportunities on quick pitch that causes you to use the safe/control pitch more even though you can get TFL as the QB more often.

Being able to show different alignments in the defensive secondary is a great chess piece for PvP. I wonder whether it'll effect the CPU, probably not, but it's a great addition.

20+ celebration options (use a modifier when hitting the post play celebration button) is cool. Hope they don't become like Fortnite dances, but I'm sure they will at some point (or already are). Like in NFL GameDay ~99 when you could do a break dance celebration after every sack and playing your friends was just you guys constantly breakdancing on a tackled player haha.

The gameplay seems very fast, faster than Madden lately. Wonder if that's for PvP mode or it's just in general. Feels like ~10% faster than madden.

Also no commentary turned n in this video, something I just noticed. Keeping that stuff locked up for release it seems.

Nice addition on the "composure," we'll see how much it actually affects gameplay.

Nice they say pump fake can actually be effective at moving defenders. We'll see.

New kicking meter looks pretty interesting.

This youtuber sucks, just throwing horrible picks all game. I figured they'd an artificially close game, haha.

Too bad snow still looks like ass. Basically looks like the same snow affects on the field as Madden the last X amount of years. Like the plastic-looking snow puddles. Hoping that the weather games aren't scripted like they are in Madden. E.g., if you're a cold weather outdoor team and you have a home playoff game to start the playoffs, it will *always* be a snow game. It was so annoying when every season the first playoff game was *always* in the snow if you were an outdoor team, and you'd always have the same "Franchise storyline" going up to the game, and the gameplay objectives (The things that give your players/coach XP boosts or level up chances) would never mtch up to the gameplan. Like, in a snow game... you might want to grind it out and run the ball, play it safe, play stout D, but the objectives would always be like "Your WR1 will level up to superstar dev trait with 4 TDs and 200 rec yards," so you'd spam that gameplay to get that level-up objective, even though you'd neevr do that gameplan in real life nor would coaches want to gameplan like that in the playoffs.

Much would have preferred a developer walkthrough
I had to after 5 minutes to watch it on mute
Esports phony exaggeration celebrations with cliche ridden remarks bore me so yeah waiting on the RTG trailer but locked in ready to go day one

Lol I figure we muted at the exact same time... 5:56...... "nice move by donovan OMG CAN DONOVAN TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE BLAURURUGHHAHGHG TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE" its' like, dude, it's videogame football. I know they have to do this it's just so lame haha.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020
This is the best the gameplay for any football game has looked. I hope all of the new features translates over to Madden as well.

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
I saw "21 minute gameplay first look" and thought it'd be a 21 min dev-led deep dive and was like "holy shit..." seeing it's a PvP matchup of gameplay, eh. Whatever. Still gonna watch, still nice to see the replay breakdowns.

They introduced the passing meter in Madden last year, right? Even though I played Madden I don't really remember it playing any differently than in the past. It's one of the weirdest things about football games the last 25 years, despite pressure sensitive analog buttons on PS2, "touch passing" things from 360/PS3, etc, it's still has always felt like "tap to lob" and "hold to bullet" is the passing mechanic from Madden '98 and it's basically unchanged for 25 years in terms of how to press the buttons (I get leading, low throw, high throw,e tc, modifiers).

Ooh I like the new indicator below the player. On the right of the circle is fatigue, on the left is wear & tear. THat's great. There was a bug in last year's madden when you didn't have the ability to set gameplan (like with a new coach) where ALL your players would be red fatigue the last 2-3 weeks of the season + playoffs, even if you didn't play them at all, because the AI controlled your practicing schedule and would go max out on every starter. It's good to see this on the field rather than having to do it in the play selection menu. I like the difference between fatigue and wear & tear, too.

Two different types of pitches on the option is cool. Tap L1/LB for a "quick pitch" a sort of "oh fuck oh fuck" pitch when you're being tackled and need to make a miraculous pitch. Hold L1/LB for a more measured, controlled pitch which has a better chance of getting there, but is harder/longer to release. I hope there's good risk + reward there, that it might be better to take the tackle for loss than to *always* do the riskier pitch, like hoping there's more fumble / mistake opportunities on quick pitch that causes you to use the safe/control pitch more even though you can get TFL as the QB more often.

Being able to show different alignments in the defensive secondary is a great chess piece for PvP. I wonder whether it'll effect the CPU, probably not, but it's a great addition.

20+ celebration options (use a modifier when hitting the post play celebration button) is cool. Hope they don't become like Fortnite dances, but I'm sure they will at some point (or already are). Like in NFL GameDay ~99 when you could do a break dance celebration after every sack and playing your friends was just you guys constantly breakdancing on a tackled player haha.

The gameplay seems very fast, faster than Madden lately. Wonder if that's for PvP mode or it's just in general. Feels like ~10% faster than madden.

Also no commentary turned n in this video, something I just noticed. Keeping that stuff locked up for release it seems.

Nice addition on the "composure," we'll see how much it actually affects gameplay.

Nice they say pump fake can actually be effective at moving defenders. We'll see.

New kicking meter looks pretty interesting.

This youtuber sucks, just throwing horrible picks all game. I figured they'd an artificially close game, haha.

Too bad snow still looks like ass. Basically looks like the same snow affects on the field as Madden the last X amount of years. Like the plastic-looking snow puddles. Hoping that the weather games aren't scripted like they are in Madden. E.g., if you're a cold weather outdoor team and you have a home playoff game to start the playoffs, it will *always* be a snow game. It was so annoying when every season the first playoff game was *always* in the snow if you were an outdoor team, and you'd always have the same "Franchise storyline" going up to the game, and the gameplay objectives (The things that give your players/coach XP boosts or level up chances) would never mtch up to the gameplan. Like, in a snow game... you might want to grind it out and run the ball, play it safe, play stout D, but the objectives would always be like "Your WR1 will level up to superstar dev trait with 4 TDs and 200 rec yards," so you'd spam that gameplay to get that level-up objective, even though you'd neevr do that gameplan in real life nor would coaches want to gameplan like that in the playoffs.

Lol I figure we muted at the exact same time... 5:56...... "nice move by donovan OMG CAN DONOVAN TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE BLAURURUGHHAHGHG TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE" its' like, dude, it's videogame football. I know they have to do this it's just so lame haha.

Yeah I was kind of disappointed it was like two people playing against each other and not a dev deep dive, but still really enjoyed it. I love that defenders actually bite on the pump fake. That was sick. Running seems ultra viable too. Some early streamer stuff was saying it was too hard. The only thing I don't know about at this point is the passing meter thing. I think yall said it was in Madden? Maybe its not a huge deal and I shouldn't worry about it.

Anyway. GOD. We are so close to being back. I really have like nothing going on this week outside of work. I wish I could just go into a coma until early release lol.

May 28, 2020
Yeah I was kind of disappointed it was like two people playing against each other and not a dev deep dive, but still really enjoyed it. I love that defenders actually bite on the pump fake. That was sick. Running seems ultra viable too. Some early streamer stuff was saying it was too hard. The only thing I don't know about at this point is the passing meter thing. I think yall said it was in Madden? Maybe its not a huge deal and I shouldn't worry about it.

Anyway. GOD. We are so close to being back. I really have like nothing going on this week outside of work. I wish I could just go into a coma until early release lol.
The pass meter isn't a big deal at all. just a little practice to get timing down for each scenario and you're good. running was always a skill and those with good stick skills will always excel at that. It's all about practice to get use to the differing players and their run styles too

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was pretty much the opposite of what I wanted for a gameplay reveal, but the gameplay looked solid enough to me. Haven't touched a football game since the last NCAA game, so I'm sure a lot will be overwhelming to me at first.

They did give us 17,000 words or something the other day on Dynasty, so it's fine if they put something out there that doesn't appeal to the sickos like me.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I've never quite understood the pre-CFB feedback of "finally we can run!" I've always thought running was OP in Madden the last 5-10 years, although TBH, it's usually in the zone running schemes out of shotgun and lighter WR sets. My money play against the CPU was always inside zone from some sort of unbalanced shotgun, mix in with i-form power

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Never been too in to football games in general but I am pretty hyped for this one. I plan on checking out all the modes and hopefully won't be too ass at it.

Go Vols.

Nov 5, 2017
Never been too in to football games in general but I am pretty hyped for this one. I plan on checking out all the modes and hopefully won't be too ass at it.

Go Vols.
I'm in the same boat. Back when I used to watch football, I would play Madden and the college football game but I always found the college football game a lot more fun. Recruiting players and doing trick plays like options were good stuff.This looks like a lot of fun. Might check it out, despite it being no where on my radar.

Nathan

Oct 27, 2017
Bordeaux, the guy featured in the video, has a longer video where he breaks down what he played with Donovan and features more raw gameplay footage that was omitted in the EA video.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
im pre ordering the deluxe edition. I need the early access 😭

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Bordeaux, the guy featured in the video, has a longer video where he breaks down what he played with Donovan and features more raw gameplay footage that was omitted in the EA video.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Idk what it is but his videos are hard to watch. His voice comes off as AI'ish.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Idk what it is but his videos are hard to watch. His voice comes off as AI'ish.

Man you're right.

I wonder if he uses AI-based sound/video mixing software that cuts out "ahs" "uhms" and changes the cadence, or cleans up mistakes. The software for that is pretty impressive, works well, it's used by a lot of tiktokers and podcasters/vloggers.

AI Video Editing, Easy as a Doc | Descript

Descript is a fully-featured video editor with text-based editing that lets anyone make great videos, faster. Try it for free.

I forget if this is the one I demo'ed before... but it was super impressive. I used it for documentation/training content I'd put together

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I was going to do that but most of the extras are for "ultimate team" which I don't play PLUS the 10 hour trial starts 7/16 so I'll only have to wait one more day. Only 10 hours though....damnit.

Is the trial an EA Play thing? I was going to buy this on PS5 but if I can play the trial via GamePass/EAP I may just stay on Series X. I go on vacation the day after the actual release date and I'd like to play before I go out of town for a week.