How hyped are you for E3 2021? (out of 10 being the higest)

• 1-2

Votes: 655 26.4%
  • 3-4

Votes: 457 18.4%
  • 5-6

Votes: 435 17.5%
  • 7-8

Votes: 414 16.7%
  • 8-9

Votes: 289 11.6%

Votes: 234 9.4%

• Total voters

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm most excited for Nintendo because they only have one game (a remaster at that) dated for after E3 so I feel like they'll have a lot of stuff to show

Everyone else will be a weird mixture of excitement and stress. Excitement to see the actual games, stress in that "will I even be able to play this when it comes out" due to how hard it is to get a PS5.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
No hype, I have no reason to think about it right now. I'll see what's announced when it actually happens. I haven't really enjoyed E3 that much since the shift from E3 to magazine cover stories in the mid 2000s.

Nkcell

Jun 24, 2020
I keep seeing people saying No Sony, but isn't this purely semantics? Sony is definitely going to have a conference that is spliced right in with the other conferences. Whether it's technically part of E3 barely means anything, especially since it's all digital this year anyway. This has been the case for many years now.

Gjallarsean

Oct 10, 2018
It's hard for me to muster a lot of hype. Sony won't be doing anything for E3, and it's so hard to know what everyone else is going to bring - it feels like the rest of this year could end up being really dry due to COVID complications - everything is just taking way longer. Guess that I've just adopted the mindset that outside of Halo Infinite, none of the big games are going to make this year - I remain skeptical if Horizon: Forbidden West will make it and I have no illusions that God of War will make it either. If they do, cool, but I'm bracing for a dry year. It would be cool to get some fun surprises in the next 2 months.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
the fuck do you mean it's june next month

Pretty much this. I feel like the past year or so has been such a cluster fuck that I forgot about E3 almost entirely. I'm sure I'll get more hyped as we get closer but right now I'm sitting at like a 2 or a 3 out of 10.

-Zelda would be great to see. Would love to hear about a new 3D Mario as well.
-Would also love to see some new Star Wars games but I have a feeling it'll be logo teases or CG trailers if anything.
-Pretty excited to see new Halo Infinite footage and see where the game is at. Hoping for good things there as that might actually push me to get an Xbox.

Nkcell

Jun 24, 2020
It's hard for me to muster a lot of hype. Sony won't be doing anything for E3, and it's so hard to know what everyone else is going to bring - it feels like the rest of this year could end up being really dry due to COVID complications - everything is just taking way longer. Guess that I've just adopted the mindset that outside of Halo Infinite, none of the big games are going to make this year - I remain skeptical if Horizon: Forbidden West will make it and I have no illusions that God of War will make it either. If they do, cool, but I'm bracing for a dry year. It would be cool to get some fun surprises in the next 2 months.

You don't think Sony is going to have their own conference at the exact same time that's spliced between the other E3 conferences? The same thing they've been doing for the past few years?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Excited for Nintendo that's about it. Anything else is a pleasant surprise but always curious about N's big reveals and lineup

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
It would appear that being a fan of all 3 of the "big 3" makes a big difference here.

There's something to look forward to no matter who is there in that case. I do wish it was the crazy live show though. I look forward to Nintendo and Microsoft's, they both have some big stuff I'm looking forward / hoping to see there.

I'm not worried about Sony, they'll do something, E3 or not. It doesn't detract from it if they're not there for me. I'd of course prefer they were all there once it all goes in-person again. E3 has been through these rollercoasters before. I want to see big things from all of them.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Meh out of 10. COVID has clearly impacted development plus all the shit from 2 years ago has soured me on it and I reckon a lot of publishers will stay away because of it. Hopefully we get some cool announcements though.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
5 or 6. It's another something returning that's normal-ish after over a year of horrible death and disease. Looking forward to it.

Though June 12th being only a month away feels bizzare lol.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Pretty hyped. It'll be better when there are live audiences. But I'm excited for one week of condensed news again. Spread out over the summer didnt work for me.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped, but a contained hype. MS' conference should be one for the ages, but they have fumbled at the endzone too many times for me to go all in. Nintendo should be great as well.

Sakon

Jul 19, 2019
I NEED some Nintendo in my life rn. The thought of a Zelda trailer makes it a 10 for me lol

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
I've never really gotten hyped leading up to E3, the excitement usually starts when I find out about known titles we are going to see or after new games get shown in the moment.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
It's been a long time since something truly hype worthy has been unveiled (for me). E3 seems like it was faster cobbled together so I'm thinking it will be really dry and lacking in any major unveils. I hope I'm wrong though.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
I'm always excited for Nintendo e3s but otherwise there's not a ton for me to be too excited for.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Shit, I guess PlayStation lied when they told me about my all my playing time last year 😑

🤔 hmm yeah why are people so hyped about Sony? Sure they've been around a couple of decades producing a few indie games, but really look at everything else!
If you can't find anything not made by Sony that gets you hyped about games...you need a new hobby.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Mid range excitement I guess. I'm curious about a new Switch and what surprises Nintendo might have in store. I'm also wondering what Sony has planned for the second half of the year and if we'll see anything from Microsoft's acquisitions.

Lot's of "maybe" and "wondering" so I guess we'll see.

Dec 12, 2017
0 now that giantbomb won't be covering/joking about press conferences. That was the highlight of the industry every year. The actual trade show lost its allure about a year after xb1/ps4 launched.

Ardend

Oct 27, 2017
I want a Sony event that officially unveils PSVR2, with a fall release date and HL Alyx as a launch title. I can dream right?

DiviniDee

Banned
Apr 29, 2021
I remember last year this site was stomping on E3s grave lol

I'm really excited. Love me some e3 and last years SGF was honestly terrible

Panam

This guy are sick of Unshakable Resolve
Feb 3, 2021
I'll gladly be surprised, but there hasn't been any reason to be hyped so far. Sony already dropped their future line-up, but we haven't seen em since which makes me believe they're nowhere near release.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not very hyped. I'm expecting a lot of CG trailers due to covid shuffling plans.

At least we should finally see some more about BOTW2, but that's about it.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty excited, but mostly because last year was horrible year in terms of game shows/announcements.
It was awful, understandably so but still pretty bad in terms of showcasing games and new consoles. Yet is hasn't hurt the industry one bit.

I'm just excited to see Halo and one of Horizon/God of War. Anything on top is gravy. Fable would steal the show for me but I'm not expecting to see that.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely excited to see what NRS has been working on. That announcement thread should be good times whatever it is.

Billdrew

Apr 8, 2019
Even when most people seem to think E3 is bad I always have one or two games that get shown off that I'm looking forward to, and that's enough for me to enjoy it and look forward to it

Oct 29, 2017
It's the first E3 of a new generation, VR is real and here in numbers and PC has never been this good.

Come on, the hype is real.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Or some are just more excited by what Sony has cooking and that's fine?

Same way some only care about Nintendo or Xbox, it's perfectly acceptable to be that way.
It is fine to have favorites for sure, but to put blinders on to everything else is pretty bad and a signal you really aren't into games as a hobby.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I have tons of games to play so I don't really care... but knowing more about Zelda next month sounds neat :)

Jetsun Mila

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Like always, I will actively follow the conferences I can watch without having to stay up late, the rest I can watch the next morning.
I always keep my expectations low and haven't been disappointed so far.
The biggest mistake would be to expect certain games, like they must be there. Nope, it's much better to expect nothing.