How hyped are you for E3 2021? (out of 10 being the higest)

• 1-2

Votes: 655 26.4%
  • 3-4

Votes: 457 18.4%
  • 5-6

Votes: 435 17.5%
  • 7-8

Votes: 414 16.7%
  • 8-9

Votes: 289 11.6%

Votes: 234 9.4%

• Total voters

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
About a 3. Wanted to say 1 or 2 but knowing that something is happening atleast someone peaks interest. Prob won't watch it live but nice to get news

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
This is the first E3 in years, close to a decade, where I'm actually more than a 3 on the hype-meter. I remember a few years ago getting banned from the old site thanks to trolling a GOT thread and the mod put in there "looks like you're going to miss E3, sucks to be you" and I physically laughed out loud. I wished I could have sent him a message saying "do you seriously think that's a punishment?" Every year I would just wait until each day was over, then read the news posts.

HOWEVER. Between companies live streaming this information directly to us, to Nintendo killing it with announcements lately to a lot of games I am heavily anticipating, I haven't been this excited for E3 in probably 15 years. Not since back in the 360 days when my friend and I would take three days off for "second Christmas".

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised they were able to justify their fees given its format this year.

I'm not expecting much in the way of games I have interest in, but the rumors of new hardware from Nintendo might make it interesting.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If there was a 0 I'd have picked that. I feel nothing. I'm gonna walk out of this E3 with zero reason to get involved in next gen AGAIN, I can feel it.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Poll supports that, too. If a gaming enthusiast forum is learning towards not-hyped, you know it's a weak event.

Lol this gaming enthusiast forum hates just about every game and generally has a negative skew in perception of just about anything. I'm willing to bet this E3 will be VERY successful.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
8-9. Mainly excited for games I already know are coming, like Halo Infinite and Breath of the Wild 2. Really want to see more footage from those two games. Excited to see the new Switch hardware, wonder if it'll have DLSS capacities.

Hope Nintendo and Microsoft have some surprises in store. Hope I get to see Forza and a new Metroid or Donkey Kong game. Can't wait :)

And the negativity on this forum sometimes gets to me. I need to curate the threads I visit more.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Next week we should be getting the overall schedule and all. There's also the Summer Games Fest, and that's happening before E3, so maybe some teases here and there.
If there was a 0 I'd have picked that. I feel nothing. I'm gonna walk out of this E3 with zero reason to get involved in next gen AGAIN, I can feel it.
Hey, at least you might have FF XVI, FF Origin and Elden Rign to look forward to, right? These three seem to be almost a given by now (well, maybe not ER, but it's supposedly showing up soon wherever).

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I think most publishers will keep their cards close to their chest so we probably won't see much compared to E3's of past years.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, at least you might have FF XVI, FF Origin and Elden Rign to look forward to, right? These three seem to be almost a given by now (well, maybe not ER, but it's supposedly showing up soon wherever).

I mean, I'll play those games if I have hardware to play them on, sure. The issue for me is actually finding a valid reason to shell out hundreds of dollars for a console, and multiplatform games aren't that. A console needs to justify its own existence with games made specifically for it before I'm willing to take that financial plunge. And unfortunately, Sony no longer seems interested in making anything that would interest me for their machines.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
332c981a-a1c1-461d-9yykq9.jpeg

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Right now, I'm not that hyped. Most of that is due to the pandemic setting them back last year, and me not having confidence that they've cobbled this together very well. I will be happy if I'm wrong, but I feel like this has all just been a big hodgepodge of chaos for the ESA.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No excitement at all. Last E3 barely felt existent. Is there even a proper E3 this year?