• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
The only place his videos are allowed to be posted on Era is in this thread right? Doesn't that rule exist literally so that we can stop having this kind of concern trolling about controversial things Dunkey has said? If you don't like the guy, ignore this thread and you will never have to see him on Era again. That's all you have to do. If people want to forgive him and think he's moved on, that's cool too. Live and let live and stop spending your time digging up five examples of this guy swearing from like a decade ago lol.
Why haven't they deleted any of it? If they didn't, does it show they changed or cares? Why is it concern trolling when the recent posts were from a thread that got merged here a few hours ago? Why are people here so willing to bat for the guy?

tomsawing

Jul 27, 2020
Why haven't they deleted any of it? If they didn't, does it show they changed or cares? Why is it concern trolling when the recent posts were from a thread that got merged here a few hours ago? Why are people here so willing to bat for the guy?
He has, you just can't find the examples that are deleted for obvious reasons. The most notorious example of Dunkey's swearing for years was in a music video called "Petters on the Low" where he uses the N word. It was up for a long time after he had deleted a lot of his other controversial videos and then he deleted it presumably when he heard about the controversy surrounding it. There are tons of other videos unavailable now for the same reason. He's deleted a lot of his past videos, you just don't know that because you didn't watch them.

Which is all beside the point by the way, which is that you can avoid him entirely on Era by just clicking the ignore button. Go ahead and do it if it bothers you to see him.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
The only place his videos are allowed to be posted on Era is in this thread right? Doesn't that rule exist literally so that we can stop having this kind of concern trolling about controversial things Dunkey has said? If you don't like the guy, ignore this thread and you will never have to see him on Era again. That's all you have to do. If people want to forgive him and think he's moved on, that's cool too. Live and let live and stop spending your time digging up five examples of this guy swearing from like a decade ago lol.
2017 is a funny year to call a decade ago.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
He has, you just can't find the examples that are deleted for obvious reasons. The most notorious example of Dunkey's swearing for years was in a music video called "Petters on the Low" where he uses the N word. It was up for a long time after he had deleted a lot of his other controversial videos and then he deleted it presumably when he heard about the controversy surrounding it. There are tons of other videos unavailable now for the same reason. He's deleted a lot of his past videos, you just don't know that because you didn't watch them.

Which is all beside the point by the way, which is that you can avoid him entirely on Era by just clicking the ignore button. Go ahead and do it if it bothers you to see him.
You're on the wrong site if this stuff bothers you. People are allowed to talk about these things here. If you don't like it, you should take your own advice and use the ignore function.

lairo

May 28, 2020
I can't believe it's that easy to get into voice chat with a bunch of minors. It's horrifying.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021

New video is so good and it illustrates how I feel about most modern open world games. Thankfully, Elden Ring doesn't seem to be that.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Ok, that opening joke with Horizon had me literally lol in my workplace.

My god, does Horizon really have that much dialogue, with the bad voice acting, or did Dunkey choose a specific terrible portion of the game?

Last edited:

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I hope that kid in Fortnite was talking about Venom being the evil Spider-Man, and not Miles Morales when he said evil Spider-Man was "Black". 😬

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Still find it funny how the "released a week before a more critically acclaimed game" thing happened again

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Ok, that opening joke with Horizon had me literally lol in my workplace.

My god, does Horizon really have that much dialogue, with the bad voice acting, or did Dunkey choose a specific terrible portion of the game?
Horizon has really good VA, it's just that it has way too much dialogue, like even for the little things, so sometimes you reach a point where you just want it to end lol.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020

Nice vid, one thing I will say is that I think that while his complaint that struggling through a dungeon to get an item you can't use is annoying, it's usually balanced out by that item having an interesting lore description that sheds more light on the world around you. Of course if you're not invested in the world then this is kind of irrelevant but it definitely worked for me

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the only person that still hasn't played Elden ring but his comments on the difficulty at the end are worrying, and I've beat the other Souls games :/

I wouldn't worry about that. 1 boss took as long as Friede did, but that was an optional fight.
The balance is definitely wild though, and I guess that's growing pains for having such a big open ended style.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
How influential is this guy? Not trying to be snide here, I really have no idea. Would people that are on the fence from trying a F2P game pass after watching this?

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
How influential is this guy? Not trying to be snide here, I really have no idea. Would people that are on the fence from trying a F2P game pass after watching this?
He easily gets a Mil+ views on his vids. The comedic style of his tends to keep him popular all this time. IMO they don't really tend to get taken seriously? But who knows.

Korosenai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay is absolutely fantastic for OW2 but I do agree the rest of the game is lacking.

scatrapper

Nov 25, 2021
No idea really, but they're watched by millions. I have the feeling he started out doing a bit trolly/comedy, but i've seen a few of his more serious criticisms and fount them to be pretty good, to be honest. Contrary to 'game journalists', Dunky seems like a guy who is quite good at a bunch of games, and can back up claims about games with solid arguments. If he feels like doing that, anyway.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I know its typical for channels to hate on Sonic, but as a startup publisher it seems kind of counterproductive to do the whole glitch compilation make fun of devs hard work shtick.