• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm 99.99% sure I didn't play the beta (only EA) and they gave me the Beta imp anyway haha.

Cabana Boy

Oct 28, 2017
I saw Elaine Marley everytime Laila was on screen, and hope to god somebody makes a Monkey Island game in there cause the Art Dream made it seem like there is a ton of potential in that genre with a similar art style.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
Just finished the story mode and god damn was it ever good! Way better than expected and the last level and ending are truly great! Amazing job Mm.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's cool that they added the non-motion controls, but seeing as I've already mastered the motion controls there's simply no reason for me to switch from the default. The motion controls take a bit to get used to, but once you know what you're doing you can zip around the screen much quicker. The motion controls feel like a mouse whereas the joystick controls feel like one of those little laptop nubs they used to make.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Damn, checking reddit, there are some cool concepts and visually interesting dreams. One is like a gravity puzzle and other is designed in an all black screen with only the outlines in colors.

I want to get home now and try them aaaaall, dammit!

Deadceptor

Oct 26, 2017
Propably a stupid question: can you create "private dreams" and only share them amongst your friends? Or is everything public once you publish your creation?

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Damn, checking reddit, there are some cool concepts and visually interesting dreams. One is like a gravity puzzle and other is designed in an all black screen with only the outlines in colors.

I want to get home now and try them aaaaall, dammit!
its a great game to pop in for 30 mins a few times a week i am not sure i will ever spend huge chunks at one time but i am sure over the next few years ill spend quite a bit of time with it.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
its a great game to pop in for 30 mins a few times a week i am not sure i will ever spend huge chunks at one time but i am sure over the next few years ill spend quite a bit of time with it.

If you don't plan on create something, I kinda agree is a good game to check weekly. Last week, I decided the check Dreams again, after not doing it for months, and I spent like 5hrs just checking the amazing things people have created since the last time I played.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
just started Art's Dream. i didn't expect any less when it comes to MM. their levels are so beautifully done that its very inspiration. they do things and im like wow. why haven't people done this more.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
just started Art's Dream. i didn't expect any less when it comes to MM. their levels are so beautifully done that its very inspiration. they do things and im like wow. why haven't people done this more.
Perfect themes for aspiring creators too, with fear and doubt, imposter syndrome, and other things that try to defeat us before we get started. Very relevant to the game and it's users on a larger scale.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
so I see impressions for Art's Dream are super positive? Got next couple of hours free, so Im jumping in right now

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Camera Bookmarks are low-key a great quality of life feature for creators.

Really helpful for when you find yourself switching between multiple different areas of your scene, e.g. making logic and building a level.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Has anyone tried making a text rich game, like an RPG?

I have been contemplating making something like an isometric RPG but I don't know whether there is support for branching dialogs, visibility based culling (like divinity OS) or highlighting outline of characters (shadowrun return games) and keyboard support because typing out pages upon pages of dialog with a controller seems maddening.

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried making a text rich game, like an RPG?

I have been contemplating making something like an isometric RPG but I don't know whether there is support for branching dialogs, visibility based culling (like divinity OS) or highlighting outline of characters (shadowrun return games) and keyboard support because typing out pages upon pages of dialog with a controller seems maddening.
All that is possible except I think you gonna be typing on that controller lol. Keyboard was supposed to be coming

AmericanKirby

Aug 31, 2018
Inside your house
Just started it up and played through that stupid intro for the fourth time. Now I see I have quite a bit of useless forced tutorials to sit through. Very negative impressions so far, lol.

Violet Wren

Oct 25, 2017
Cannot wait to hop into this and start exploring what everyone has created. I spent a small amount of time with the beta but plan to really dig into the full release.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
It's crazy how the PS4 fan fluctuates coming in and out of dreams one moment it's loud where I can't even hear the audio the next it's super quiet. This is the only negative I have about the game hopefully this won't be an issue on PS5.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Where can I see the "missions"? I saw in the screen things like collect all bubbles etc, but cant find the list anywhere.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Lately I've been playing Dreams on my pc using remote play and a ps4 controller. When a text prompt comes up I can just use my regular PC keyboard, which is pretty great.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Wow, Arts Dream is fantastic! Media Molecule are great at story modes in their games. It's just too bad it's so short. I definitely wanted more when I finished.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Just finished Art's Dream.

Easily one of my favorite campaigns/story modes in any game. Whew. I fucking loved every second of that. And those last few sections leading up to that amazing finale/cover -- incredible. Mm are the best. They are my favorite of Sony's 1st party studios.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Arts Dream was incredible. Apart from the cheesy first song as my girlfriend sat there and wonders wtf is this, haha. But wow I loved the message. The implementation and the.. well.. dreaminess of the execution was so incredibly well done. The tools here are powerful, and I love the look the visuals have, often feeling like high quality CGI since there's no polygons to look obviously gamey. It's a cool look. I wonder where this is going to end up in terms of art and gaming. Creative people will have an absolute field day with this in the years to come.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
In order to get more eyes on Dreams and the game into more peoples hands, I honestly think Media Molecule should've made an entire 3d platformer starring D-Bug. I'm talking a full on 10 hour experience with entire worlds, upgrades,
ele-D, root-R
, boss fights ect. Sell the game as D-Bug being the star and the fact you could make that ENTIRE thing within the tool set Dreams provides. It's be just like Sackboy with Little Big Planet but even more robust. D-Bug is THAT good.

Last edited: