Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is Dreams this century's Lego? You can play with anything that's already done. You can mix and match different kind of things together. You can build new things and make something basic or something grandeur. Finding/sharing things in Dreams is easier, though. And a lot cheaper!

Dreams is this generations 'imagination' something damn kids don't have these days due to all the vidya games they play!

Wait ...

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Surfing last night I ran into a Japanese created dream where the anime girl combatant's clothes come off with damage.
488851906228256777.gif

indreams.me

Photos of にゃー子

Photos taken of にゃー子.
8cf677b810782f545cfc0aba7dbbc07b

The model actually pretty good.

593673291462606848.png

Someone really did a great job for anime models in Dreams.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone made a Dream yet with character creator and armor that changes appearance? I imagine it's possible but would it be feasible in a game itself and not just like... a tech demo.

Schlomo

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone made a Dream yet with character creator and armor that changes appearance? I imagine it's possible but would it be feasible in a game itself and not just like... a tech demo.

Rome Action RPG has different armor equips iirc.

One limitation is that you'd always have to load all possible equipment in each scene unless you make different versions of each scene.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Long time i didn't spam a little with my game haha :p

Subtle update to world 3, we're still working on the gameplay for this one but i wanted to rework the sky with more impressionist colors and also i finished the music (Strong Vangelis vibe here!).

Also the Demo is now way more accessible, with some updated graphics for story purpose.

Nov 2, 2018
Two creators to follow are "Twin Brothers Productions" ( TheLOSToneNL and GodsmackedNl ) are turning out cool Dreams pretty frequently such as:

and now their newest creation:

They've already moved on to their next project.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
I really really really want to pick this up but I have so many other games in my backlog and I just know this would take most of my time. I might just get it anyway, It looks like something I would really enjoy.

Do you think Sony will ever let creators put trophies in their games?

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
I really really really want to pick this up but I have so many other games in my backlog and I just know this would take most of my time. I might just get it anyway, It looks like something I would really enjoy.

Since I started accruing a backlog years and years ago (It's at 200+ games now), Dreams is the first to come along to make me say...maybe, just eff the backlog and pretend it doesn't exist anymore? Like, I enjoy creating in it so much and I still have so many ideas I want to work on that I'm just not sure how I'll get time to squeeze in much else.

So that's youre cautionary tale for the day, but YMMV...

Do you think Sony will ever let creators put trophies in their games?

I doubt it. I know Sony has gotten less precious about Trophies since they launched, but I don't see that happening unless MM figures out how to let games release as standalones titles outside of Dreams.

ProtosH

Banned
Jan 28, 2019
If you guys want to create a game with a snappy and tight gameplay try to remix one of the characters template made by the creator "Steve big guns" (he is at media molecule). He made 100% custom keyframe character with almost perfect control (two of them are made public and can be remixed, the avian bird like and the nathan drake look alike).
The downside : its difficult to add anything to them (like a power/move set etc.) but they are ready to use and very very high quality control-like.
It allows to focus and creating assets and scenery

indreams.me

3rd Person Movement Example ( WIP)

My attempt at hacking the puppet to feel more like a standard 3rd person game character. It uses turning to steer the character in its forwards rather than X, Z movement and lerping the rotation direction. Fully keyframe animated & custom movement logic.

indreams.me

Animation character controlled

A character using 100% keyframed animations and custom control movement logic to give a feeling of tight solid feedback. Includes basic movement animations (180 degree pivot turning, sliding, walk - run cycles, idles etc.). I'll update with additions.

indreams.me

Captain Shadow (60% complete character prototype)

A very eary adveture character with a few basic abilities and the first power up implemented.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what this is from?

ERzjQ5UW4AEEkch

Unsure if they made it themselves or just posting it but it looks amazing regardless. :)

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil

Subtle update to world 3, we're still working on the gameplay for this one but i wanted to rework the sky with more impressionist colors and also i finished the music (Strong Vangelis vibe here!).

Also the Demo is now way more accessible, with some updated graphics for story purpose.

Absolutely gorgeous artwork, as aways.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Anyone know what this is from?

ERzjQ5UW4AEEkch

Unsure if they made it themselves or just posting it but it looks amazing regardless. :)

I wactched the first one on the top left, it was showcased on launch day or the first two days. It's just that image with effects running for the grass and water, it's really good but I can't recall the name.

There was another with a bench on a rainy day with incredible raining effects, the best I've seen.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

This is so beautiful! :) You are a great artist. (I know your work still from the old forum.)
Do you think it would also be possible to make a full environment, where the player could freely move and explore, in that aesthetic and quality? If that were the case I'd move in and never come out again, lol.

goodbye-real-world-1713518.png

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Loving Dreams so far, getting the hang of creation tools at the moment so going through the tutorials and getting a feel for what's comfortable. Very versatile and easy to use when you get the hang of it.

I'm not feeling the browsing of other people's dreams though, I want an option to select something like "Newest + Thumbs Up" rather than either/or because I'm either getting the older levels that were popular or having to wade through some chaff to find interesting stuff. Is there a way to do something like that?

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Loving Dreams so far, getting the hang of creation tools at the moment so going through the tutorials and getting a feel for what's comfortable. Very versatile and easy to use when you get the hang of it.

I'm not feeling the browsing of other people's dreams though, I want an option to select something like "Newest + Thumbs Up" rather than either/or because I'm either getting the older levels that were popular or having to wade through some chaff to find interesting stuff. Is there a way to do something like that?

There's a Trending section which might come closer to what you're looking for?

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

Go to Forever Popular, there you have Most thumbed up and most played uploaded this month, week, and day.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Go to Forever Popular, there you have Most thumbed up and most played uploaded this month, week, and day.

Thanks! I'll give that a go!

Man, I love the sculpting in this. I mean I'm shit at it but I was worried about making straight structures and lo and behold in the tutorial, they show you exactly how to do it :)

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
This is so beautiful! :) You are a great artist. (I know your work still from the old forum.)
Do you think it would also be possible to make a full environment, where the player could freely move and explore, in that aesthetic and quality? If that were the case I'd move in and never come out again, lol.

goodbye-real-world-1713518.png

Thx :p
Well, the trick here is that it's one point of view so i can compose it, which works better with my skills! It's way more difficult to compose something from every angle in 3d!
Now about art style and colors etc i guess you can yeah!
But this is frustrating to make a game about speed running with those kind of environments, that's why the next one will be about exploration (but still 2d!)

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
How come there is no love here yet for Damned? I was so impressed by it. A giant story driven platform game. Not amazing graphics, but gameplay is fun, story is great and the world building is awesome.

Lets me remind of the old platform games that we know of the PlayStation 2 era. It's crazy that this is made by just one person.

indreams.me

DAMNED (old version)

This game is being reworked/redone from the ground up. This version is being scrapped, but you may still enjoy this old version. The new one is not up yet. Twitter: EVARRA_ Instagram: Evarra

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone flipping back and forth between different control methods depending on what you're doing? I've been using DualShock almost exclusively but thinking I might run through the Move controller tutorials for sculpting as an additional control method. I've tried a little with the Moves though and it just feels confusing now that I'm so used to the DualShock controls.

Anyone easily switching back and forth? Or do you stick?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone flipping back and forth between different control methods depending on what you're doing? I've been using DualShock almost exclusively but thinking I might run through the Move controller tutorials for sculpting as an additional control method. I've tried a little with the Moves though and it just feels confusing now that I'm so used to the DualShock controls.

Anyone easily switching back and forth? Or do you stick?

depends. grid stuff i try to stick with controller. since rotation is bit less sensitive. move for like everything else. when i just need it to feel natural.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
depends. grid stuff i try to stick with controller. since rotation is bit less sensitive. move for like everything else. when i just need it to feel natural.

You have any issues switching back and forth? I've just struggled so far learning two different methods.

Probably just need to give Moves more time.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
You have any issues switching back and forth? I've just struggled so far learning two different methods.

Probably just need to give Moves more time.
I think its just the initial feeling. took me awhile since i started with move controllers during EA/Beta. and then tried DS4 and felt it was confusing. but im somewhat comfortable now. but i definitely switch around depending on the situation. but you remember both. just takes a few to get reacquainted

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
yall should follow woodsense.

for the older gen folks.

he has a background in programming and software dev and such. so don't be surprised he has a hang of dreams. hes been a big fan since forever.

Oct 26, 2017
I think its just the initial feeling. took me awhile since i started with move controllers during EA/Beta. and then tried DS4 and felt it was confusing. but im somewhat comfortable now. but i definitely switch around depending on the situation. but you remember both. just takes a few to get reacquainted

I tend to make tiled environments so I mostly need to use the grid, but if you're going with the "intended" style for Dreams, I think Move controllers work better to naturally place sculpts.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I'm trying to do custom animations for idle, walking and running. Idle worked just fine but walking is amother thing, I wanted to eliminate every procedural animation so outside of my idle animation the character obviously just slides. The thing is I did my own walk and while the animation runs when I'm pushing the stick it still slides around, like a forward moonwalking.
How can I avoid this?