Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
No need to act that way lol. I was just wondering why you would compare it to stronger hardware then call it disappointing but it's ok you were just very misinformed.
Making an assumption off the cuff from imperfect memory is not very misinformed. I love this game and I'm really happy about this release but fucking hell if attitudes like this are welcome.

daase ko

Oct 26, 2017
Tried it to see the graphics because dq bore me so much and reaching the city there was no miracle. At first I thought it was nice except for the grass which is so aliased. Then at the village it was so rough with textures and geometry that I went to xenoblade 2 to have some point of comparison. On tv, xeno is much better, doesn't help I was in Uraya which is gorgeous. So I dont know what is coming from the original game or the downgrade hammer but I feel they could have done more docked. Handheldwise it's pretty good compared to xeno. But man, the latter with a resolution upgrade on switch 2 is so set! I'm replaying it now lol

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Tried it to see the graphics because dq bore me so much and reaching the city there was no miracle. At first I thought it was nice except for the grass which is so aliased. Then at the village it was so rough with textures and geometry that I went to xenoblade 2 to have some point of comparison. On tv, xeno is much better, doesn't help I was in Uraya which is gorgeous. So I dont know what is coming from the original game or the downgrade hammer but I feel they could have done more docked. Handheldwise it's pretty good compared to xeno. But man, the latter with a resolution upgrade on switch 2 is so set! I'm replaying it now lol

Yeah, the game looks nice, but Xenoblade 2 looks leagues ahead. Especially given the fact the scope of XBC2's world as opposed to DQ11's, and DQ11 has pop-in out the wazoo.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I enabled less xp, harder enemies, and if my character dies my party dies. Anything else i should turn on? I enjoy a challenge on my games
That should be good then. Some of the others don't really impact the difficulty directly but moreso how you play it. Not being able to buy from shops instead just makes you farm mats for the crafting system, for instance.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It does, at least on "Super strong enemies" you cannot smash "a" to win. DQ games make GREAT use of buffs and debuffs, specially against bosses.

Sometimes I feel FF made so much damage in this aspect, and that's why a entire generation can't get certain series. It bloat you with a lot of skills and sometimes don't work always, so why you need to try buff, debuffs and ailment skills? To be fair DQ can bloat you too (specially if it has a class-system, like in VII), but at least the ailment skills works.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I feel FF made so much damage in this aspect, and that's why a entire generation can't get certain series. It bloat you with a lot of skills and sometimes don't work always, so why you need to try buff, debuffs and ailment skills? To be fair DQ can bloat you too (specially if it has a class-system, like in VII), but at least the ailment skills works.
Yeah here at least you can put bosses to sleep/poison fairly often then do Erik's damage multiplying dagger skills to help out a lot early on.

Last edited:

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
I left cobblestone and got to the first camp and decided to save and wait until release, If i play more I am going to be anxious I have to wait a month so I don't want to get too into it, so far I am really enjoying it though. Super charming.... my first DQ game other than the original on NES

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
I left cobblestone and got to the first camp and decided to save and wait until release, If i play more I am going to be anxious I have to wait a month so I don't want to get too into it, so far I am really enjoying it though. Super charming.... my first DQ game other than the original on NES

I had to do the same, I may get back into the demo around the week of release.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
I like the japanese dub but there's that weird thing with the localised names that don't match the Dub.

I know it's not a big deal but it's weird.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Surprised how good the game looks on docked mode. I think I might just buy my first Dragon Quest, really enjoyed my time with the game.

Btw, for anyone that has played the game:
are the people in Cubblestone actually dead ?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing this on and off for well over a day now and I'm still amazed at how huge this demo is. It honestly feels like they mistakenly gave me the full game haha

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does Draconian affect bosses? Do I need to restart to make sure postgame is all it can be?
It does, but if you want to enable it do it to make the game in general harder, not the post game specifically. Post game is quite hard as is, and actually the game gets difficult before that; mid-way through act 2.

Oct 26, 2017
It does, but if you want to enable it do it to make the game in general harder, not the post game specifically. Post game is quite hard as is, and actually the game gets difficult before that; mid-way through act 2.
Hmm. It's already much easier than usual DQ, which also has jumps in difficulty for me usually,. Idea is just too keep the post game hard as possible, providing its meaty.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. It's already much easier than usual DQ, which also has jumps in difficulty for me usually,. Idea is just too keep the post game hard as possible, providing its meaty.
Yeah I get you, it's the one thing I disliked about the game, it's just ridiculously trivial until late into act 2 where it hits an absurd difficulty spike that makes it extremely fun. Ironically I tried draconian and found it too much, so I had to stick to normal difficulty lol.

I guess you can always restart with draconian modifiers and see how far you can get. You can disable them at any time after all. Personally I had my fill by the time I reached the desert.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or did they add a bunch of new voice lines in this version? Wasn't expecting that.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely best playing it handheld. I'm usually not that picky when it comes to docked visuals, but it was not great, and the grass looked like a worse shimmery mess than it was on PS4 Pro (checkerboard), which at least made everything else look extremely crisp and detailed. Maybe I'll play it docked in 2D mode. :)

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ngl since I just came from Three Houses so Dragon Quest XI looks godly lmao

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
How do you switch to first person camera outside of battles? I'm reading it's L3 on PS4 but here it's auto-run.
Tried pressing every buttons without success.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This is such an impressive port - I kinda expected to hear my the Switch fan from time to time playing in portable mode because it should be quite taxing but haven't heard a thing yet while the game performs great.

They really used that additional time for the Switch release.
Ngl since I just came from Three Houses so Dragon Quest XI looks godly lmao
lol
You arent lying.

Catorze

Oct 27, 2017
I just finished the demo. It took me a little bit over 7 hours. Handheld mode looks kind of blurry, but docked mode looked pretty good to me. Loving the game up to this point. It will be a long month before the full game comes out.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I never use photo mode in games, but it felt right to take a photo of me and Gemma atop the Tor.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm so torn. This version has everything but it just looks terrible compared to when i played it on PC. But i REALLY wanna replay the game :s

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I'm already in love and I've played like 10 minutes? It's got nice cutscenes, great music, dual audio and you can fight with your dog. Like I kinda don't want to play anymore because the game is still a month away but now I've opened Pandora's Box...

Amazing playing this and TH back to back. The second half of 2019 delivers.

Tidalwaves

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I'm already in love and I've played like 10 minutes? It's got nice cutscenes, great music, dual audio and you can fight with your dog. Like I kinda don't want to play anymore because the game is still a month away but now I've opened Pandora's Box...

Amazing playing this and TH back to back. The second half of 2019 delivers.
What dog?

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The funny thing is when I heard that they put out a demo for DQ11, my first thought was confusion over why they would do that when the first few hours of the game is the worst part. Then I found out that it's like the first 10 hours of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.