Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I would be shocked if you can't. They wouldn't ask people to spend $35 or not get any DLC characters at all, that's a recipe for the DLC to sell very very badly.

You're not wrong. But it's also pretty much the single most iconic thing 17 has ever done, so skipping it would be weird.
I'm the opposite, Namco didn't let you buy characters seperate in any other fighting game I believe at least not Ninja Storm 4.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else have trouble getting their controller to work on PC? I'm trying to use a wired PS3 controller. I've tried setting up x360ce in both the directory and in the win64 folder, didn't work. Tried it after setting up the controller in Steam's big picture mode, doesn't work. I was able to use it this way with Dark Souls III and other games, but only my keyboard is being recognized for this.

I guess maybe it's time to get a new controller.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm the opposite, Namco didn't let you buy characters seperate in any other fighting game I believe at least not Ninja Storm 4.

It's a $35 season pass. Expecting every player to pay $95 or be saddled with a small roster is...risky, to say the least. I can't imagine they'd be that stupid, especially for a game as important as this. They need it to do well, and pissing off the entire community by asking THAT MUCH for it isn't exactly a recipe for long-term success.

Buddha0991

Oct 25, 2017
Cooler huh...

Which one would be better for the game?

latest

4469852-9254028952-00000.png

Final Form is more unique appearance wise but Meta is more unique move wise

edit: whoops meant to post this in the other topic.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I finally understand what Android 18s QCB+Heavy does lol, I thought he just stood there talking.

Played alotta games with a buddy of mine, good fun was had. Captain Ginyu is a pretttty great character when you can land his swap.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
If they can do some interesting things with 17's barriers, I think he'll be worth it. At bare minimum, he needs the barrier punch from the ToP. I'm not sure they could even get away with including him as DLC without that move.

Adult Goku used the Power Pole once, during the Dead Zone movie. That's about it.

Oh ye, man those fight scenes were rad

You know damn well that not only is it not DB Goku, but that there will be no Power Pole lol

But like, how you gonna say that nothing from the ToP was gonna get in, but that the Barrier Punch that we saw a few weeks ago absolutely has to be a part of his moveset :P

Who cares about strength, I'm just tired of seeing them lol

A man can dream

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly forgot what Cooler can do. All I know is that I remember playing as Meta Cooler a lot. They'll probably use the OG one though...
OG Cooler doesn't have that many moves.

Death beam, Eye beam and his Super Nova.

That's it.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm like 30 and 4 between the beta and the full release.

I still don't feel like I'm any good at the game though as ridiculous as that might sound.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OG Cooler doesn't have that many moves.

Death beam, Eye beam and his Super Nova.

That's it.

They sometimes give him Salza's energy blade as a special move in fighting games as well. But yeah, all of his moves are ripped off from other characters.

Yea he is just kind of a Frieza clone, a...well...cool one, but he is similar to Frieza.

I'll be in my study mourning:

tumblr_nehgcjfS3l1se9xd2o1_500.gif

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I realllly wanna make Ginyu work. He is so fun.

Anyone know the deal with Recoome? Sometimes he does a kick, sometimes he does the eraser gun, and sometimes ge does that bomber move that literally takes like 10 seconds. I can't seem to tell what triggers which.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I realllly wanna make Ginyu work. He is so fun.

Anyone know the deal with Recoome? Sometimes he does a kick, sometimes he does the eraser gun, and sometimes ge does that bomber move that literally takes like 10 seconds. I can't seem to tell what triggers which.

You hold X for the Recoome charging explosion move.

Other than that I have no idea how you summon specific Ginyu Force attacks lol, I'll be working on him a lot tomorrow.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Man, learning about the horrible lobby situation on PC is really bumming me out. I might have to refund and get it on PS4 :(

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
You hold X for the Recoome charging explosion move.

Other than that I have no idea how you summon specific Ginyu Force attacks lol, I'll be working on him a lot tomorrow.
Each member has two moves, you dictate which ones you use by either pressing special, or QCF special.

Recoome has three, you can get the explosion by doing QCF special and holding it.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
It's a $35 season pass. Expecting every player to pay $95 or be saddled with a small roster is...risky, to say the least. I can't imagine they'd be that stupid, especially for a game as important as this. They need it to do well, and pissing off the entire community by asking THAT MUCH for it isn't exactly a recipe for long-term success.

Considering how relatively expensive buying individual characters for fighting games can be on other franchises that have that kind of business practice, I bet if they end up selling them individually (which I don't think they're gonna do) it will end up being a lesser deal than just getting them all, unless you're after that one character. 35 bucks for eight new characters plus a music pack dlc is not a bad deal at all for future content down the line.

Also, rather have this 'small' roster that has unique play styles mostly all around, than having 150 filled with a lot of boring copies and reskins.

Deleted member 34197

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I remember those days when bamco was saying that the characters were chosen by their uniqueness.

yeah, fuck you too bamco.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how relatively expensive buying individual characters for fighting games can be on other franchises that have that kind of business practice, I bet if they end up selling them individually (which I don't think they're gonna do) it will end up being a lesser deal than just getting them all, unless you're after that one character. 35 bucks for eight new characters plus a music pack dlc is not a bad deal at all for future content down the line.

Also, rather have this 'small' roster that has unique play styles mostly all around, than having 150 filled with a lot of boring copies and reskins.

I think you're right, it will probably cost more to buy all eight characters a la carte than it would be to get them all at once in the season pass. That's a pretty common practice with DLC nonsense to begin with, and I fully expect them to do that here as well. I don't like it, but it's a good (and time-proven) way to subtly manipulate people into spending all at once when they might otherwise hold off.

But speaking personally, I refuse to pay that much money for just a couple of characters and some vocal music I don't want to listen to. If they're gonna ask for more than half the price of the retail game, I expect new modes. New single player content. A new story mode arc. Something. They can't just staple a couple of characters to the roster and say that's worth $35, in my opinion. Not when the base game cost $60.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm enjoying the story so far. At least half done with the first arc and using it at a testing grounds for the characters to see who I like. Did a few ranked matches and got bodied. Also went through all the training so I knew wtf I was doing. On thing would be I wish each character had more special attacks. But it's fun and flashy and I'm getting better and learning what combos nicely.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
yeah, they all use this weird lobby shit

thankfully they cranked up the number of lobbies quite a bit this evening, but they got a lot of work to do
That's so supremely disappointing. Why would they arbitrarily limit the pool of players you'd be able to fight against...ugh. What's wrong with standard ass matchmaking!?

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
But speaking personally, I refuse to pay that much money for just a couple of characters and some vocal music I don't want to listen to. If they're gonna ask for more than half the price of the retail game, I expect new modes. New single player content. A new story mode arc. Something. They can't just staple a couple of characters to the roster and say that's worth $35, in my opinion. Not when the base game cost $60.

I mean, I can agree with that, but when you put it into the context of the current market (for instance, Injustice 2's fighter packs are 20 dollars for 3 fucking characters and a bunch of skins), it's really not ludicrous of a price. Hell, it's on the cheaper side of things as it stands.

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's so supremely disappointing. Why would they arbitrarily limit the pool of players you'd be able to fight against...ugh. What's wrong with standard ass matchmaking!?

So there actually is standard matchmaking, if you go to a lobby(any lobby, any region), go to the world tournament section and queue up for either a Casual Match or Ranked match. It'll match you with players around the world, not just the people in the lobby.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
So there actually is standard matchmaking, if you go to a lobby(any lobby, any region), go to the world tournament section and queue up for either a Casual Match or Ranked match. It'll match you with players around the world, not just the people in the lobby.
Thank you! That's a huge relief. There's connection filters there I'm assuming?

Deleted member 1041

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! That's a huge relief. There's connection filters there I'm assuming?

Yes! You can choose to accept any connect, <red connections, <Yellow Connections, <Green Connections, or <Blue connections(Perfect connections.)

There's also choosing between skill levels and what not..honestly I blasted the lobby system earlier today, but when I found out I could just join ANY lobby and do normal matchmaking, it was alot better. I still wish there was just a menu button you could press though to be queued up without the lobby.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm trying to get to the daily quests/challenges, but this damn "Try ring match" won't finish despot playing two rounds in one. What am I missing?

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Got a random disconnect just now, eveeyevery was going well, good connection and all of a sudden I was kicked out of the server.

At least I didn't get an L for that.

Oct 28, 2017
You would think ragequitting would be less prevalent as you climb higher in ranks, but it seems to be getting more common. I just had 5 in a row, all players with yellow colors and at least Frieza rank. So, you know, be ready for that plug if you're bodying someone and they don't like it. >_> I did make a dude named Yamcha, who didn't actually play Yamcha, quit out while being wolf fang fisted to death which was pretty cute I'm not going to lie.

napoleonic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh, seem like the PC version use PhysX... surely the days when amd fans whining over PhysX are over given that nobody get outraged by this, lol.

Does the console version also use PhysX?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Man...ring matches still doesn't work properly, guess they won't until a patch is out. l:

Status
Not open for further replies.