Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
why not do ultra instinct goku instead? or super saiyan god? or majin vegeta? there's tons of better options here...

While I agree that the Base Goku/Base Vegeta thing is disappointing...UI Goku doesn't really have any moves yet. The form isn't even really fleshed out. The only thing he's done is that one Kamehameha against Kefla that can't really be replicated in a fighting game.

Well, I didn't notice that. That sucks. But oh well. I'm pretty happy with the other choices, especially Ranger 17. Kinda surprised no Caulifla. Not surprised there's no ToP characters (unless you count 17).

They're probably just waiting until those characters have enough moves that they can have a full moveset fleshed out. While this game was in development, the only major ToP character who had enough of a fighting style to potentially fit into the game would be Toppo.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Well, I didn't notice that. That sucks. But oh well. I'm pretty happy with the other choices, especially Ranger 17. Kinda surprised no Caulifla. Not surprised there's no ToP characters (unless you count 17).
Going by the datamining, Roshi is the last member of Team Universe 7 who isn't in the pipeline to be playable. Hopefully he'll get in next season.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like someone already data mined for the 8 DLC characters. Spoilers of course.

YES!

Vegito-vs-Zamasu-dragon-ball-z-40647522-500-281.gif

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope base forms at the very least have a distinct look that's inspired by the manga or early Z to make them more appealing
bd324e46e09549f5446f65a10b33c186.jpg

I mean I don't hate the idea but they should be base roster.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
The Ginyu Force don't go away if Ginyu is hit at all, that's the scary part lol.

He can get good damage and oki regardless of rotation. He's nuttyyyy.
Yeah, I get you. I had a ton of situations where I'd have Recoome or Burter 236S hit my opponent in the back as they would hit me, which led to an easy combo for me to pick up on. Even awkward angles are easy to convert off of with Vanish being a thing.

He feels a LOT like a 2D version of Throne Drei in Gundam EXVS.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I want Roshi as DLC but he's gonna be the Jubei of this series, isn't he ? :/

Him being shafted is par for the course. Same for Kid Goku. 17 making it in is a little surprising though. Wish DBS Trunks or Caulifla got in, and I'm deeply disappointed they used Cooler instead of Janemba, but oh well. I wanna know what they do with M. Zamasu most of all.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
So Season 1 may very well be...
  • Broly
  • Bardock
  • Cooler
  • Base Goku
  • Base Vegeta
  • Android 17 (DBS)
  • Merged Zamasu
  • SSJB Vegito
Base Goku & Vegeta aside, that sounds like a solid first season. I know Max would be happy about Cooler getting in. Plus it's an even split of heroes (Bardock, 17, Vegito, Base Goku) & villains (Broly, Cooler, Merged Zamasu, Base Vegeta).
That's actually...about what I expect for Season 1. You've got the "absolutely will be in S1" characters like Broly and Bardock, you've got the "disappointments" like Base Goku and Base Vegeta, you've got the "ok let's finish the Black Arc off" characters like Merged Zamasu and SSB Vegetto and then finally you've got the "ok let's give ya what you want" like Cooler and Android 17.

Makes sense. If this is what we get then I'm not complaining.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That's actually...about what I expect for Season 1. You've got the "absolutely will be in S1" characters like Broly and Bardock, you've got the "disappointments" like Base Goku and Base Vegeta, you've got the "ok let's finish the Black Arc off" characters like Merged Zamasu and SSB Vegetto and then finally you've got the "ok let's give ya what you want" like Cooler and Android 17.

Makes sense. If this is what we get then I'm not complaining.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Merged Zamasu has his corrupted form in some way.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies if this has been asked but the game just told me that I can unlock both SSGSS characters by saving up 500,000 is that cumulative or an all at once thing?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No Jiren no Fighter Pass for me.

Like Caulifla and Kale, Jiren didn't even really do anything until like two months ago. He didn't exactly have the moveset to fit into a game like this when the bulk of development and planning was being done.

Arc and Bandai are trying to avoid putting a character into the game BEFORE their moveset is set in stone because they want to make sure they get it right.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say if they go to a Season 2 DLC or a sequel then yeah I'd say Caulifla, Jiren, Kale and maybe 1 more ToP character's a lock. S2 is wide open for more ToP characters especially given it'll likely happen next year and that's probably when Super's returning so they'll have more ammo for a sequel. Jiren's just recently started to show what he's made of and these DLC characters were likely already in development. Next year they won't have that problem since the ToP will have ended and he's good to go.

It all lines up I'd say.

I won't complain but I sure as hell won't get the pass.
How'd you want it?

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Like Caulifla and Kale, Jiren didn't even really do anything until like two months ago. He didn't exactly have the moveset to fit into a game like this when the bulk of development and planning was being done.

Arc and Bandai are trying to avoid putting a character into the game BEFORE their moveset is set in stone because they want to make sure they get it right.
Oh I get it, I'm just saying. Base Vegeta and Goku though... seriously. Hit is already in so I'm safe.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If Base Goku and Vegeta are DLC they need to make them drastically different.

Base Vegeta definitely will be. They can do Saiyan Saga or Namek Saga Vegeta and pretty much all of his moves would be completely different.

Goku's harder, because Goku basically never changes up his moveset. But you can pretty much expect a Spirit Bomb in there, at least.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get a season 2 but I don't see Bamco doing one instead of a straight up sequel.

Zerojul

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I think it would take at least 5 out of 8 characters I like to get me to buy the SP. So anybody from Kid Goku, Roshi, 17, Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne, Zarbon, Satan, Videl, even Raditz...
I'm not saying it's a bad list, just that there is not enough for me to get the SP. I'll pick and choose the characters I like from that list and hope for the best for an hypothetical (?) season 2/sequel for those who didn't make it.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I hope base forms at the very least have a distinct look that's inspired by the manga or early Z to make them more appealing
bd324e46e09549f5446f65a10b33c186.jpg

I mean I don't hate the idea but they should be base roster.

it's nice to want things

i'm almost certain they're just going to be exactly the same as the other gokus and vegetas but this time with black hair. their models already exist in the story mode.

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
Him being shafted is par for the course. Same for Kid Goku. 17 making it in is a little surprising though. Wish DBS Trunks or Caulifla got in, and I'm deeply disappointed they used Cooler instead of Janemba, but oh well. I wanna know what they do with M. Zamasu most of all.
Probably the biggest thing for me here if this is all legit. Cooler in but Janemba not seen in sight.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I think it would take at least 5 out of 8 characters I like to get me to buy the SP. So anybody from Kid Goku, Roshi, 17, Jiren, Toppo, Dyspo, Ribrianne, Zarbon, Satan, Videl, even Raditz...
I'm not saying it's a bad list, just that there is not enough for me to get the SP. I'll pick and choose the characters I like from that list and hope for the best for an hypothetical (?) season 2/sequel for those who didn't make it.
Ah I see.

I mean that's understandable. We all have out likes and dislikes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Though I like 17, he'd have to deeply impress me to get me to pay for him, because that is a base roster character through and through to me.

If they can do some interesting things with 17's barriers, I think he'll be worth it. At bare minimum, he needs the barrier punch from the ToP. I'm not sure they could even get away with including him as DLC without that move.

Maybe its DB Base Goku and not saiyan saga Goku

Adult Goku had the staff at some point right? I cant remember but i think he did

Adult Goku used the Power Pole once, during the Dead Zone movie. That's about it.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I think Base Goku and Base Vegeta will be dope and they'll be a lot of fun. I've got no problem paying for them because I don't care about which form is stronger from a canon standpoint. As long as they're cool and fun I'm ok with it. I do understand if others have a problem with it though. They are kinda a "disappointment" to a degree.

It's gotta be the Saiyan Saga versions tho, absolutely. We gotta have Kaio-Ken Goku and Oozaru Vegeta in play.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe its DB Base Goku and not saiyan saga Goku

Adult Goku had the staff at some point right? I cant remember but i think he did

You know damn well that not only is it not DB Goku, but that there will be no Power Pole lol

If they can do some interesting things with 17's barriers, I think he'll be worth it. At bare minimum, he needs the barrier punch from the ToP. I'm not sure they could even get away with including him as DLC without that move.

But like, how you gonna say that nothing from the ToP was gonna get in, but that the Barrier Punch that we saw a few weeks ago absolutely has to be a part of his moveset :P

I've got no problem paying for them because I don't care about which form is stronger from a canon standpoint.

Who cares about strength, I'm just tired of seeing them lol

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So with the trials being really terrible, I'm pretty lost. I don't know where to go from here. I've always been pretty bad at coming up with crazy tech in the lab. I guess I gotta rely on the internet. I have no idea what my team even is.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Ginyu/Nappa is fun because they got compatible colours and Nappa's assist makes Ginyu do his stuff meterless easily. Can even combo into body change with Nappa's assist!

Honorary Ginyu Force member Nappa. Frieza as my anchor for good measure.

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Season 1 may very well be...
  • Broly
  • Bardock
  • Cooler
  • Base Goku
  • Base Vegeta
  • Android 17 (DBS)
  • Merged Zamasu
  • SSJB Vegito
Base Goku & Vegeta aside, that sounds like a solid first season. I know Max would be happy about Cooler getting in. Plus it's an even split of heroes (Bardock, 17, Vegito, Base Goku) & villains (Broly, Cooler, Merged Zamasu, Base Vegeta).
I'm satisfied with this list. Especially Cooler - I did not expect that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Will you even be able to grab individual characters?

I would be shocked if you can't. They wouldn't ask people to spend $35 or not get any DLC characters at all, that's a recipe for the DLC to sell very very badly.

But like, how you gonna say that nothing from the ToP was gonna get in, but that the Barrier Punch that we saw a few weeks ago absolutely has to be a part of his moveset :P

You're not wrong. But it's also pretty much the single most iconic thing 17 has ever done, so skipping it would be weird.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Who cares about strength, I'm just tired of seeing them lol
A lot of people were using the strength concept rather than how many times they've seen them though. I'm ok with it if Vegeta's decked out in his Saiyan Saga gear. Goku though, his look's pretty much the same sans the belt.

5163631-4689789-4840374150-mikot.png

If people don't like to see them because they're always around then I get it. It's just cool from my pov.

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'll settle on a team of 16/Hit/Gotenks. Might switch 16 in for Goku Black but I'm liking it so far.

Zerojul

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Ginyu/Nappa is fun because they got compatible colours and Nappa's assist makes Ginyu do his stuff meterless easily. Can even combo into body change with Nappa's assist!

Honorary Ginyu Force member Nappa. Frieza as my anchor for good measure.
I love that team. A nasty OCD of mine is needing my fg teams to "make sense" in a canon way, like I couldn't resist Raditz and Saiyan Vegeta if they were available just so I can team them up with Nappa.

Status
Not open for further replies.