Status
Not open for further replies.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I realized if you're only doing 3* pulls, you should never do 10 pulls, since it guarantees one of them will be unusable. It's like hoping you have terrible luck with pulls so you have more usable 3* stuff. I also find that it's really satisfying to sell 5* Wyrmprints on the account because of how troll they are XD
I didn't think of doing single pulls only, that's a good suggestion.
Regarding them wyrmprints:
dVsuODQ.png
For the rest, the game gave me a Mikoto and an Agni (damn, they are even coordinated)

These are my teams right now:
I'm still missing two fire adventurers lol.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I am managing to get to the 5th (Last) wave quite consistently. If I'm lucky with the AI not screwing me up, I can get everyone alive until it, but the boss just kick my ass easily.

Then the issue is definitely not with FTP or not.

I dropped 100 $ on this banner, and i still have so far only beat the final wave once.

I think the Boss is just poorly balanced, since i tend to get to the final wave with full hp on all 4 units(10k light team with fitting dragons and the 2 event light weapons maxed out), but my ai still gets wiped pretty fast, and then its just me running out of time since 1 char does not have enough dps for the remaining time.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Good. I bought that one pack with a guaranteed 5* and realized that probably reset my pity counter, so I did another 10-pull. Then another one because that 10-pull had a 5* wyrmprint and Nidhogg (which I already had one).

No Halloween Elisanne or Halloween Althemia. :/

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I didn't think of doing single pulls only, that's a good suggestion.
Regarding them wyrmprints:

For the rest, the game gave me a Mikoto and an Agni (damn, they are even coordinated)

These are my teams right now:

I'm still missing two fire adventurers lol.

The way I see it, 5* Wyrmprints are basically a 4* promotion with 500 Elwater leftover, otherwise they're just taking up Wyrmprint storage space. If I manage to grind enough to get to lvl 60 or Mana Circle 30 on my 3* characters, I'll probably promote to keep upgrading. I'm at over 10K Elwater, so I've probably sold at least 2 5* Wyrmprints. I don't think I've gotten any 5* dragons, but I did get Nefaria and Lily on this account. I did some resetting to get a full 3* Light team from the getgo, and the amount of unwanted 5* stuff was truly ironic.

Looks like pretty solid teams. I think Melody may benefit more from a Story dragon unless you already upgraded that yellow 3* dragon. What's your position on getting orbs for more Story Dragons to bolster the teams without 4 appropriate elemental dragons?

I basically have a "reset" account instead being persistent so I can see what the new player experience is like for each event. Like I'd say the raid event was REALLY good for upgrading compared to this Halloween event. I was basically able to grind up to over 7K Might in less than 2 days because of how much upgrade materials the event dispensed, whereas this event is a lot more prone to upgrade bottlenecks like dragon scales or orbs. This event is more focused on the free facility though which should be any new player's main takeaway from this event, so that makes sense.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like pretty solid teams. I think Melody may benefit more from a Story dragon unless you already upgraded that yellow 3* dragon. What's your position on getting orbs for more Story Dragons to bolster the teams without 4 appropriate elemental dragons?
I'm not really working on the teams, I've kinda put them together while I was clearing the story. That yellow dragon on Melody probably was just my best option at that moment, and the story stages aren't exactly challenging anyway. I worked a lot more on the water and now on the light team, obviously due to the events. I got Malka just today for the light group, was running with two archers until now an that kinda sucked. Levelling up the water team was a lot easier than the light now, I concur.
About the dragons, I prefer not using dupes, because I give priority to unbind the dragons, rather then levelling up multiple copies, but I'm not stressing too much about it.

I was basically able to grind up to over 7K Might in less than 2 days because of how much upgrade materials the event dispensed, whereas this event is a lot more prone to upgrade bottlenecks like dragon scales or orbs. This event is more focused on the free facility though which should be any new player's main takeaway from this event, so that makes sense.
Also mana, in my main account this event is not making convenient at all to play the survival challenge, because it gives just 1/3 mana (surviving until the boss wave without beating it) of what an expert stage usually drops.
The free facility is one of the peculiarities of this event, I'm curious to see what the next event will offer of different. They probably will just test the waters for a while until we will see some more solid proposal. Personally I don't like the Halloween event formula at all, I hope they change it a lot in the future.

Last edited:

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Missed the speedkill by 4 seconds, but at least no one died, so I at least got all Wyrmite now. :A

And as expected I totally failed on the run after and didn't even manage to kill the boss... xD

user__

Oct 25, 2017
The way I see it, 5* Wyrmprints are basically a 4* promotion with 500 Elwater leftover, otherwise they're just taking up Wyrmprint storage space. If I manage to grind enough to get to lvl 60 or Mana Circle 30 on my 3* characters, I'll probably promote to keep upgrading.
I think I'll keep the 5*, I like the idea of have them as trophies without doing anything with them. Obviously I'll burn mercilessly any duplicate.
This thing of deciding when promote the characters bugged me a little. Since the promotion adds a mana circle, what happens when I promote a 3* character with a fully completed 4th circle? I think it would add it on the row before the last, and that would not be very aesthetic.

pauloshinobi

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
What does increase a character's might the most? Level, Mana Circle, Wyrmprint...

My light team is 9441 might and I am still feeling that they are pretty weak....

Oct 26, 2017
What does increase a character's might the most? Level, Mana Circle, Wyrmprint...

My light team is 9441 might and I am still feeling that they are pretty weak....

Might is not the only determine factor. For instance a 4* T2 weapon has more might than the event weapons, but the event weapons paired with a light character has a lot more offense and the same HP, because elemental bonuses are not applied to might. Same goes for dragons. Your higher level off element dragon will boost might more, but impact offense and HP less than an on element dragon. So look at the top right numbers for HP and Offense to see what offers the best.

user__

Oct 25, 2017

I wouldn't get that much attention to might, is not that relevant. For example, one thing that gives a lot of might is the bound with the dragon, since you can use them for a longer period, so that is reflected on the resulting overall might. But if you give that dragon to an AI controlled character, that potential will never be used so all that might means nothing. I would rather work on what gives you the more strength and HP possible.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Finally...

Not sure how to advance from here... people probably need better weapons, I guess. But that's expensive, and commitment, especially when I just made Amane an alternate T2 wand to get that damage skill... and similarly made a second T2 dagger as well, though in that case it is actually the right path for Orsem/Ezelith as the original one was for Orion way back when, hmm.

I feel like upgrading weapons is the thing I've been most hesitant about doing that's largely within my means and the level of playing I'm doing, though, so I need to do something. Even if it's just another unbind for everyone...

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to get the game working on BlueStacks? Was working perfectly for me a few days ago until it just suddenly stopped working with a 'this device is not allowed' error. A real shame since it was the only one that ran the game really well for me.

Oct 26, 2017
Everything lined up nicely today for the next upgrade to be possible on my Halidom! Finally beat the Challenge Battle last night, have a few days to work on the 2 minute endeavor.

Thanks for posting this. Didn't know shadow orbs were the next upgrade, currently under construction for level 6. Now I know to run the shadow ruins today.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
With yesterday spent farming light orbs to upgrade my H!Elly some more and an extra two levels of the Sweet Retreat in the bank, the Halloween Hero title is mine. Now I can stop getting all frustrated whenever I screw up a little in the horde mode. My test time so far this morning is having 1:21 remaining.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to get the game working on BlueStacks? Was working perfectly for me a few days ago until it just suddenly stopped working with a 'this device is not allowed' error. A real shame since it was the only one that ran the game really well for me.

I did but it was a week ago didn't check recently , for me LD player is ok except for not displaying some videos, it still working now and you can update the game through the LDstore

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
What affects the rate at which your dragon guage charges? Some runs of the horde mode I can get 2 dragons off, while others I can only get 1 (and therefore not clear the run)

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, best I can do is 2:24, and I'm still not consistently beating it.
Seems impossible for the 2 minutes at this rate.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I can consistently clear the challenge now but I need to shave another 24 seconds off my best time to get the epithet.
I can get another 20% boost from the sweet Retreat still so hopefully it'll be enough to push me over the edge.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
dear diary, I still can not beat that fucking challenge, what am I doing wrong *cries on a corner*

I hear ya man. Don't think it's happening till I get Elly to 80 and maybe another 10 mana levels. Every time it feels like some goofy shenaningans happen dumb AIs die in the last round dropping dps to nothing... it's getting to be old.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I hear ya man. Don't think it's happening till I get Elly to 80 and maybe another 10 mana levels. Every time it feels like some goofy shenaningans happen dumb AIs die in the last round dropping dps to nothing... it's getting to be old.
Luca just fucking stands still in the path of every single attack.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I cleared it for the first time today. and doing it for 2 times straight made me think I figured it out. But now I'm failing more often than not and by quite a bit as well. I keep missing with friend Elly nukes

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Luca just fucking stands still in the path of every single attack.

I stopped using him in favor of Orsem/Ezelith (I should probably switch Orsem back in, or even Celleria really, I just wanted to see how she'd fare) because that boy absolutely wants to die. If you have someone else who can live longer it's not worth going all light.

That being said, if you try to move as much as possible (blade force attacks seem good for this) your AIs will move more and have less of a chance of just dawdling in circles. Of course, sometimes that means you drag them right into taking a blast to the face, but...

and don't forget that if the run's going real bad and you think you can do better, you can give up; even with how the challenge works, it still won't count as completed so you'll get your stamina back

EDIT:

I cleared it for the first time today. and doing it for 2 times straight made me think I figured it out. But now I'm failing more often than not and by quite a bit as well. I keep missing with friend Elly nukes

How many times I missed with it or that fucking skeleton guarded as soon as I used it is why I went back to just using Hildegard friends to keep the AI alive until H. Althemia can at least attempt to heal.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Welp I've pretty much cleaned out the all the trade n items... these are kind of lame rewards... Not really into whats offered with the Tricker Treat rewards beyond elwater, but I'm almost done so may as well finish it.

Gonna start working on boosting my characters for the high dragon trial I guess, my wind teams pretty weak compared to the others.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I need someone to give me a run down on how good the game is , does it require you to spend a lot of money?

Do does it get boring after a while like every gatcha game or is it constantly addictive ?

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
QUOTE="Hey, post: 14004724, member: 40102"]I need someone to give me a run down on how good the game is , does it require you to spend a lot of money?

Do does it get boring after a while like every gatcha game or is it constantly addictive ?[/QUOTE]
No to your first question. At least not yet.

Probably? I mean it's a gacha game. It's solidly one of those.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The max amount of Tricker Treats I can get from the horde battle is 6750 :(
Just short of clearing that challenge

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
ok, finally managed to beat that abomination challenge... now lets reap the rewar---"Item drops are the same"

WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT THEN!!!

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
ok, finally managed to beat that abomination challenge... now lets reap the rewar---"Item drops are the same"

WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT THEN!!!
The challenge level gives you way more points for the point ladder, but doesn't drop the Sweet Retreat upgrade items. The shop item drops are around, or a bit better than, the extra boss battle.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
The challenge level gives you way more points for the point ladder, but doesn't drop the Sweet Retreat upgrade items. The shop item drops are around, or a bit better than, the extra boss battle.
no, I mean, what is the point of BEATING challenge if the drops are basically the same reaching wave 4 and beating teh whole thing

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest issue for me is the stupid Force Strike.
I hold the screen, my character doesn't move, yet it still doesn't charge 60% of the time.
At that point I get charged at with the dive swing and lose several seconds, health, and so on.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
The biggest issue for me is the stupid Force Strike.
I hold the screen, my character doesn't move, yet it still doesn't charge 60% of the time.
At that point I get charged at with the dive swing and lose several seconds, health, and so on.
given how often that thing is needed, it will be good if it gets a dedicated button or something

user__

Oct 25, 2017
For me too the Force Strike is a big nuisance. When it doesn't goes through I always notice the triangle of an arrow under my finger. For me, the control is too sensitive and perceives a minimal slide of the finger while holding down, as movement. It's really annoying, it could be fixed implementing a dead zone of sort for the controller.

Ereineon

Nov 8, 2017
I need someone to give me a run down on how good the game is , does it require you to spend a lot of money?

Do does it get boring after a while like every gatcha game or is it constantly addictive ?
this is more drogalia than dragalia. highly addictive, no money spent so far. you will have a blast but its true that at first, the first story chapters seem rather repetitive (but the expected thing for the basic/tutorial part) areas and challenges will emerge as you go on... and there is always the recurring event like right now

and yeah... add me in complaining about force strikes! specially with the bow >_< SO ANNOYING. there is such a big delay that if the enemy is moving you are "dead" and cant depend on auto focus.
i would understand the delay and the tactical approach IF the force strike with the bow was super powerful or something like that, but to me it seems like i deal more damage chaining a normal combo of arrows

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Do you have a high lvl Juliette ? She pretty much on her own gets through stages 1-4.
Without her and her regen on low HP it might be more difficult to get through the stages on auto.
Eventually did it. Combination of high level snack shack, picking a high level Ellisanne helper, ignoring my entire team and getting lucky and not getting cursed so I could get 2 dragons off during the final boss and I beat it with 4 seconds to spare.

Eliseo

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to unlink your account from your smarthphone? I'm currently playing on emulator and an old phone but I'm planning in to buying a new phone and I don't see the option to unlink from device.

Last edited:

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to unlink your account from your smarthphone? I'm currently playing on emulator and an old phone but I'm planning in to buing a new phone and I don't see the option to unlink from device.
If you've linked the game to a Nintendo Account, you just need to sign in once you download the game on the new device. The game will prompt you when you first start the app. At least, that's how it's supposed to work. I've done it with FEH, but not with Dragalia Lousy yet.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to unlink your account from your smarthphone? I'm currently playing on emulator and an old phone but I'm planning in to buing a new phone and I don't see the option to unlink from device.
You don't link it to your device but your Nintendo Account. If you have that linked, when you get your new phone just install Dragalia Lost, log into your Nintendo Account when it prompts you, and everything will transfer over.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Eventually did it. Combination of high level snack shack, picking a high level Ellisanne helper, ignoring my entire team and getting lucky and not getting cursed so I could get 2 dragons off during the final boss and I beat it with 4 seconds to spare.

Heh nice - congrats.
Most important reward from this event secured.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

I'm quite biased but I'd say it's fun with no money spent. I've made several accounts without spending anything to see how far I could get into an event to varying degrees of success. I have an account that can do most of the endgame content without doing a single pull, just on the welfare characters alone. It's pretty dependent on how fun you find the combat. It's completely understandable to find it janky.

While I say it's still fun currently, it's still been out for less than a month. If they keep regularly putting out events, I'd say it will stay fresh.

I'm not really working on the teams, I've kinda put them together while I was clearing the story. That yellow dragon on Melody probably was just my best option at that moment, and the story stages aren't exactly challenging anyway. I worked a lot more on the water and now on the light team, obviously due to the events. I got Malka just today for the light group, was running with two archers until now an that kinda sucked. Levelling up the water team was a lot easier than the light now, I concur.
About the dragons, I prefer not using dupes, because I give priority to unbind the dragons, rather then levelling up multiple copies, but I'm not stressing too much about it.

Makes sense. Focusing on unbinding is probably for the best for the long-term.

Also mana, in my main account this event is not making convenient at all to play the survival challenge, because it gives just 1/3 mana (surviving until the boss wave without beating it) of what an expert stage usually drops.
The free facility is one of the peculiarities of this event, I'm curious to see what the next event will offer of different. They probably will just test the waters for a while until we will see some more solid proposal. Personally I don't like the Halloween event formula at all, I hope they change it a lot in the future.

It's definitely not as good as the raid event in terms of Mana output, but 50K Mana from the store and from tricker treat rewards is decent. The one thing I actually like about the Halloween event's current formula is that you can still easily make lobbies for dailies because the endgame doesn't require getherwings, which is a far cry from the raid event where you basically couldn't get any non-event lobby filled, and even those took a while. I wish they had tiers for the horde mode similar to the pumpking, where the current mode is a persistent EX and they had beginner to expert which allowed co-op. That way everyone could access almost all the content, instead of right now where newbies probably won't be able to access horde or event EX by the end.

I think I'll keep the 5*, I like the idea of have them as trophies without doing anything with them. Obviously I'll burn mercilessly any duplicate.
This thing of deciding when promote the characters bugged me a little. Since the promotion adds a mana circle, what happens when I promote a 3* character with a fully completed 4th circle? I think it would add it on the row before the last, and that would not be very aesthetic.

That's a nice way to do it as well. Hrm, I haven't promoted a 3* All the way to 5* yet, so I can't really say. I promoted Verica because I REALLY enjoy her healing kit, and having Phoenix on top means I can keep basically any non-Water challenge team alive throughout if they aren't one-shot.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
The ease of using force strikes depends on your weapon, I feel. Staff's super easy, and wand usually is too. Blades and daggers, the latter especially, I've gotten pretty good at doing it in combos (specifically the dagger spin -> charging it while jumping back). But doing it out of nowhere can still be tricky, yeah; I feel like I need to get into a habit of a quick attack -> strike even when I need it quickly, since that's still better than fucking it up.

In relation to the challenge battle, the most frustrating thing with it is H. Edward's first skill. For some reason, he has some weird period of time at the end of the skill where he just like... stands there doing some super small animation, and you can't start the strike during it, so even attempting it makes it even harder to do once the animation ends as it'll read your hold as movement. Meanwhile there's that fucking skeleton standing there who just guarded the entire skill and is ready to attack you. I can't tell if it's intention is to punish you for not killing your target with it or what, but it's super frustrating.

I also think striking successfully when auto's on is harder (since it reads it as pausing auto -> movement, maybe?), which sucks since when using auto this results in me suddenly realizing my party's getting way more hurt than they should because a guard's up but then failing to break it when I rush to do so, but that's just anecdotal...

and then there's the bow glitches, though I don't really play bow so I can't speak to that

Status
Not open for further replies.