• 75-79

Votes: 10 0.5%
  • <75

Votes: 10 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I have mild concerns that the game may be overcomplicated and have too many long arena fights, plus the arsenal might get stale with such a long campaign which might hurt scores. Hope I'm wrong though.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Man I've wanted to play this since they first revealed it, but this virus has hit my wife and I's jobs really hard so I can't afford it. I hope it reviews great but I'll have to wait until everything's back to normal.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have mild concerns that the game may be overcomplicated and have too many long arena fights, plus the arsenal might get stale with such a long campaign which might hurt scores. Hope I'm wrong though.
This is my fear as well. Looks hard to control making it harder to deal with enemies. I wasn't great at doom 2016 anyway. :P

Last edited:

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing I could see myself not really liking is that there might be too much "stuff" added, like the platforming sections and the home base stuff, and it makes the game less of a pure shooter. I mean I love games like Wolfenstein and Uncharted that mix story and action and exploration more, it's just when I play Doom I want sort of a particular thing. 2016 really nailed it, the game was super tight and even though there was lot of extra stuff (secrets, challenges, data logs) they never interrupted the core of the game. I hope it stays that way!

Still super hyped though. Going to preload since I'm home all week and I'm gonna set aside Friday for it.

Dec 6, 2017
US
#1 concern on my end would be them doubling down on arena fights. That whole gore nest thing in D16 would've been a fun gimmick once in a while but I got completely sick of the overreliance on locked-down arena fights by the halfway point. I really hope levels are more geared towards keeping encounter designs fresh and mixing things up as the game goes along.

Anyway, those are just my personal points and I think a lot of people didn't mind that design at all so either way I'm gonna call it an 87.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For anybody worrying about this not feeling like Doom 2016 anymore, I'd suggest to watch some unedited gameplay segments from the press event they held earlier this year. You'll notice that the pace is relentless, even with the platform sections. And keep in mind people only got around to play the first hours of the game, so chances are the pace was even comparably slow then.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
They should anticipate the digital release.... I'm tired of doing nothing on quarantine.

Same for Final Fantasy VII.

Both games are gold and ready to release. Fuck marketing, let's have some fun on lockdown.

Oct 28, 2017
For anybody worrying about this not feeling like Doom 2016 anymore, I'd suggest to watch some unedited gameplay segments from the press event they held earlier this year. You'll notice that the pace is relentless, even with the platform sections. And keep in mind people only got around to play the first hours of the game, so chances are the pace was even comparably slow then.

Yeah on M&KB at least, Eternal looks way more fast-paced and frenetic than 2016. Can't wait.

Jun 17, 2018
They should anticipate the digital release.... I'm tired of doing nothing on quarantine.

Same for Final Fantasy VII.

Both games are gold and ready to release. Fuck marketing, let's have some fun on lockdown.

Yeah, I hear you! I'm currently working from home but since a lot of other people are doing the same or off sick, there isn't much to do. I could seriously do with Doom releasing sooner.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I just hope it doesn't suffer Wolfenstein's fate where the sequel was too long, and added too many features that muddled the core gameplay loop that made the game great in the first place. More isn't always better.

I'm still very optimistic though. Predicting a 91 MC.

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I just hope it doesn't suffer Wolfenstein's fate where the sequel was too long, and added too many features that muddled the core gameplay loop that made the game great in the first place. More isn't always better.

I'm still very optimistic though. Predicting a 91 MC.

Sequel too long? The New Colossus is shorter than The new order in terms of meaningfully designed content.

Ragona

Oct 26, 2017
this is one shitty month for world news, but holy shit its a great month for video games.
(recent releases, hardware news..)

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
0cROSID.png

www.metacritic.com

DOOM Eternal

DOOM Eternal for PlayStation 4 game reviews & Metacritic score: DOOM Eternal is the direct sequel to 2016's DOOM. Developed by id Software, DOOM Eternal delivers the ultimate combination of speed and power, along with the ne...

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's time we blow this scene

Get everybody and the stuff together

Ok, three, two, one, let's jam!

Darryn

Oct 28, 2017
South Africa
9.5/10 on my side. It's DAMN GOOD.

www.criticalhit.net

DOOM Eternal Review – Okay Boomstick

DOOM Eternal is the most metal game in all of creation. It is rage and fire, the purity of armed combat dialled up to eleven and unleashed on a horde of eyeballs that simply aren’t ready for the retina-searing action that’s about to burn a new circle of hellish good fun into those ocular organs...

DOOM Eternal is the most metal game in all of creation. It is rage and fire, the purity of armed combat dialled up to eleven and unleashed on a horde of eyeballs that simply aren't ready for the retina-searing action that's about to burn a new circle of hellish good fun into those ocular organs. Long live the Doom Slayer, long live the king of first-person shooters.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Ok embargo has lifted, so...

I'm still half-way through the game as I got my code late, but so far it seems to be a solid improvmenet on the first game. The combat is so frenetic and fluid. My only real gripe is that the platforming is extremely fiddly and tbh feels a bit unpolished.