• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Final predictions for DOOM Eternal?

• 95-99

Votes: 118 6.3%
  • 90-94

Votes: 950 50.9%
  • 85-89

Votes: 697 37.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 83 4.4%
  • 75-79

Votes: 10 0.5%
  • <75

Votes: 10 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lack of Battlemode pre-launch can mean some publications will choose to withheld the rating for now, but it may cause others to stay relatively high too as they only have the campaign to judge without knowing the qualities or issues of this mode.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Hoping for a 91 to match Animal Crossing. These games are star crossed lovers and must remain as a pair in every way.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Going for 85-89, I said the same with AC and that went 90+ so hoping for the same here!

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lack of Battlemode pre-launch can mean some publications will choose to withheld the rating for now, but it may cause others to stay relatively high too as they only have the campaign to judge without knowing the qualities or issues of this mode.

Invasions aren't in for launch even, right?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
If it does as good as most people are voting, it'll be the best reviewed Bethesda game of the generation.
ERZu2U8XsAEDAN2.png:large

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it does as good as most people are voting, it'll be the best reviewed Bethesda game of the generation.

Which sounds kinda strange to say at the start of the generation, but if you look at it, it really isn't. They didn't have a mainline Elder Scrolls, just an online one. Yet another Skyrim port. They had a mainline Fallout with several issues and an online one that was disastrous. They had the interesting Wolfenstein games that either had just passable gameplay (the first ones) and a good story or vice versa (Youngblood). Prey is far from perfect.

Doom might be like the only fixed point that doesn't disappoint. We'll see.

Oct 26, 2017
Which sounds kinda strange to say at the start of the generation, but if you look at it, it really isn't. They didn't have a mainline Elder Scrolls, just an online one. Yet another Skyrim port. They had a mainline Fallout with several issues and an online one that was disastrous. They had the interesting Wolfenstein games that either had just passable gameplay (the first ones) and a good story or vice versa (Youngblood). Prey is far from perfect.

You are forgetting Dishonored 2 which is the best reviewed game and actually the best Bethesda title published this gen.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You are forgetting Dishonored 2 which is the best reviewed game and actually the best Bethesda title published this gen.

Actually you're right. But then again, looking at the sales, a lot of people forgot about it. Doom seems to be their only sure hit in terms of critical and commercial praise. I'd be surprised if Eternal went below 85.

BayonettasBuddy

Lead Producer at Cold Symmetry
Verified
Oct 30, 2017

Prey (until maybe this) deserved a lot more sales and love. One of my fav games of this gen

Jun 17, 2018
That Easy Allies preview got me all sweaty. Everyone is at home at the moment due to quarantine in my house so I'm thinking of locking myself in my office with a few cups of coffee for the day!

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Kinda funny how things change. I remember people expecting Doom 2016 to be obliterated by critics since review scores were going up on launch day "a bad sign". Today I imagine most people would say an 85 average is "too low" for Doom 2016.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda funny how things change. I remember people expecting Doom 2016 to be obliterated by critics since review scores were going up on launch day "a bad sign". Today I imagine most people would say an 85 average is "too low" for Doom 2016.

to be fair "doom 4" had a troubled history and the beta wasn't so well received

but yeah too much hay was made of bethesda's review policy imo

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
You've still go to figure that some outlets had someone on the review who just doesn't get DOOM. My buddy is that way. Doesn't get the appeal. I tell him. It's just stupid violence- you kill demons. He isn't enthused. Unfortunate really