Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
There won't be a civil war. That idea is just as dumb as the rest of Trump's moronic ramblings.
while i doubt there's a full out 'war' of any sort, I could see this elevating to or even above the Turner Diaries-era cells that led to the bombing at Oklahoma City

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Serious question. What would a civil war even look like in this day and age? How would that even really function?

Look to Hong Kong. Rounding up journalists, dissidents, mass protests, cops disguising themselves and provoking violence.

Then add in the hundreds of millions of guns in civilian hands.

edit: that's "what it would look like." "How it would function" would be that Trump is defeated in 2020 (or manages to get red states to not hold elections), and America falling into a Venezuelan Guaidó/Maduro situation.

Last edited:

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
He isn't even going to be removed, hell get to hold the title of impeached president, end his term in Jan 2020 and be prosecuted latter.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I understand hes bringing up religion a lot bc of the pastor quote or whatever but....

does he normally bring up religion like this? I'm not religous and I certainly dont follow trump that much.

the whole religion angle just scares the shit outa me as a non believer, like to me, this comes across as desperate and why Won't it just get worse

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
The us military is super spread out and I think you guys underestimate how many servicemen/women are just like you and me.
evrtyone I served with was a huge fucking nerd and was just in it for the benefits.
yea there's the more extreme folk around, but the chances that they're high ranking enough toactually do anything against the rest of us, is slim.
the UCMJ is basically put into us like the fear of god, motherfuckers snitch all the tine for even little things, I'm sure a coup wouldnever happen.

OP
OP
Ichthyosaurus

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I understand hes bringing up religion a lot bc of the pastor quote or whatever but....

does he normally bring up religion like this? I'm not religous and I certainly dont follow trump that much.

the whole religion angle just scares the shit outa me as a non believer, like to me, this comes across as desperate and why Won't it just get worse

No.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
while i doubt there's a full out 'war' of any sort, I could see this elevating to or even above the Turner Diaries-era cells that led to the bombing at Oklahoma City
I think it's certainly possible domestic terrorists will take this opportunity to do what limited damage they can. Which is of course horrible, but nothing close to a war.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Imagine dedicating your life to following a religion, reading its texts, reciting them from memory, singing hymns, attending church every week, and generally trying to be closer to God.

And then thinking that Donald Trump represents all that is good and just in the world, to the extent that you would take up arms to prevent him losing his job.

I think the case studies on evangelical bible study teachers would be invaluable for future generations.

OP
OP
Ichthyosaurus

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Imagine dedicating your life to following a religion, reading its texts, reciting them from memory, singing hymns, attending church every week, and generally trying to be closer to God.

And then thinking that Donald Trump represents all that is good and just in the world, to the extent that you would take up arms to prevent him losing his job.

I think the case studies on evangelical bible study teachers would be invaluable for future generations.

They're not doing this out of faith, they're doing this out of political pragmatism. They think whatever bad Trump's doing is worth it over a Democratic president.

There will be no bottom to Trump's desperation from here on out. He will say literally anything.

Obviously the danger of that can't be overstated. But I gotta admit; I'm starting to wonder if he's just straight out going to give himself a heart attack. He must be going around with a vein permanently bulging on his forehead.

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

It's his go to political strategy; he throws red meat to his white Evangelical base whenever he's feeling pressure. He (probably accurately) realises their support is the only hope he has of staying President.

Oct 28, 2017
There will be no bottom to Trump's desperation from here on out. He will say literally anything.

Obviously the danger of that can't be overstated. But I gotta admit; I'm starting to wonder if he's just straight out going to give himself a heart attack. He must be going around with a vein permanently bulging on his forehead.
With any luck he'll give himself an aneurysm.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm actually starting to wonder if he'll eventually go so off the rails that the GOP will consider the 25th Amendment as a solution.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
these cowards wouldn't go within ten miles of conflict. The only reason we're in this situation is because these lazy, low IQ morons were so anxious to believe that someone could make their lives better for them that they elected a con man into office, so I'm not suddenly scared that these people are going to do anything than jack each other off with more Trump memes and message board conversations about how they deserve to have women be subservient to them.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if he's impeached by the senate would mean he lost support in his party, so i find hard to believe that part of the army would join a trump coup.

i dont think thats a possible scenario.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually starting to wonder if he'll eventually go so off the rails that the GOP will consider the 25th Amendment as a solution.

There is no line he can cross that would make them turn on him. The GOP base is a cult and they need the cult to have any power.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
The threat is not the people who get drunk, try something stupid, and get shot, but the people who remain, and internalize.

What a piece of shit.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, most evangelicals would probably be pretty stoked to have Pence in office instead so he can enact anti inter-gender eye contact legislation.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
The US military will not be involved in a domestic coup, period.

This is not a reasonable fear.
Correct.

it's the militias and wannabe soldiers we gotta worry about. The "i didnt go marines cause I'd pop that boot camp guy right in the face if he yelled at me"dudes.
The coal rolling f150 backwoods cousin fucking illiterate fucks are the ones we have to worry about. And they've been hoarding guns.

Deleted member 43

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
There is no line he can cross that would make them turn on him. The GOP base is a cult and they need the cult to have any power.
I disagree. There is a line, it's just miles away from where it should be. So that line might be explicitly calling for members of Congress to be executed, rather than just implying it.

At some point the GOP might have to accept pissing off their base to save their future with moderates. They can't win elections on the backs of just their diehard 30%, who honestly won't abandon them long term anyway.