Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone following this #findthedoctor thing? It feels like the BBC is trying to drum up this viral marketing thing to promote S13 but doesn't seem like anyone is paying attention to it!

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I saw it pass by on Twitter and that's about it. Can't say I have any idea what they're even attempting...

Sep 5, 2021
I#FindTheDoctor has been solved and trending high on Twitter.

If anyone's been following the little #FindTheDoctor mystery that's been scattered around official bits and pieces recently, this seems to be the result-

And the latest DWM lead to a clue which is another unlisted YouTube video that required the audio to be reserved, which you can listen to below.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if the Beebs is planning on porting the old DVD animations onto blu-ray in HD or not. It's odd how those are being left behind without any movement of them moving them forward.

I suspect they will go straight onto BD season box sets when the time comes. Hopefully they can use a bit of budget to improve the Reign of Terror ones though, the camera cuts on that were atrocious.

Sep 5, 2021
John Barrowman, whose account is now private, is tweeting about being blacklisted by the BBC and Big Finish.

https://twitter.com/DoctorWhoPN/status/1439215857348055042

E_kfMasWQAI0PhE

E_kfMasXoAIl31t

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Not at all. People got frustrated with his writing tendencies and show running by the end of his run but his stuff is good. The show runner who's getting the most disdain is Chris Chibinhall who's the current one.

All us Moffatt-complainers would love to have him back.

I thought Moffatt improved a lot once Capaldi came along though. There was a certain preciousness to Smith's Doctor that brought out the worst in Moffatt's style.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
John Barrowman, whose account is now private, is tweeting about being blacklisted by the BBC and Big Finish.

https://twitter.com/DoctorWhoPN/status/1439215857348055042

E_kfMasWQAI0PhE

E_kfMasXoAIl31t
I'm confused as too why they've blacklisted him now, after all those years when he has already apologized for his behaviour many years ago. I get that Noel pulled some garbage, but it seems odd to drag Barrowman down with him.

Though the: "made them lots of money." comes across as entitled. You worked for them on a contract basis, that doesn't entitle you to anything other than what's in said contract.

Though I'd love it if they'd give us Torchwood Season 5 already!

Paradox

Oct 28, 2017
My new obsession is using that AI art creator to make pictures based on episode titles. I find the longer the title the better. Here are a few that definitely need to be used on future blu-ray covers:

Heaven Sent
VQfPpvM.png

The Last of the Time Lords
tUR70wy.png

The End of Time
47uivuE.png

The Angels Take Manhattan
6IpR0cs.png

Sep 5, 2021
John Challis who played Scorby in the Doctor Who television story The Seeds of Doom and voiced the fifth incarnation of Drax in the Big Finish audio story The Trouble with Drax has died aged 79.

And at the beginning of the month Tony Selby who played Sabalom Glitz in the Doctor Who television stories The Mysterious Planet, The Ultimate Foe and Dragonfire has died aged 83.

www.bbc.com

Only Fools and Horses: Boycie actor John Challis remembered as 'Peckham pal' after death at 79

The actor, who died on Sunday, was best known for playing car dealer Boycie in Only Fools and Horses.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Sitcom star Tony Selby dies aged 83

Actor Tony Selby, best known for his appearance in British sitcoms such as Get Some In! and My Family, as well as Doctor Who, has died at the age of 83, his management has said.

latest

latest

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
I just watched Trial of a Time Lord for the first time recently. I quite enjoyed him. RIP

Place a 25/8 guard on Tom Baker

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Any interesting rumors going around for Jodie's last eps or next showrunner/Doctor or anniversary stuff? Feels like we're on the precipice of a handful of big milestones in the show and we've heard almost nothing about any of them!

M.Bluth

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any interesting rumors going around for Jodie's last eps or next showrunner/Doctor or anniversary stuff? Feels like we're on the precipice of a handful of big milestones in the show and we've heard almost nothing about any of them!
Considering the show's seemingly catastrophic state atm, I just have a morbid curiosity to see what sort of embarrassing thing they'll cobble together for the 60th.

Otherwise, I've seen nothing. I think people were speculating on the next showrunner lately, and the names floating around I'm not familiar with nor fill me with confidence.
It's really bumming me out tbh, used to be excited for everything about the show, now I'm just numb.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Despite occasional dud episodes (and who doesn't have any of those?), I was generally happy with RTD's run, so I'm happy to see him back, though totally shocked. Hopefully they nail the choice for the next Doctor, or I don't think it will matter who's running the show.

Diablos54

Oct 26, 2017
I'll take RTD back over Chibbers everyday of the week so this is good news! Hopefully he can convince Moffat to give us a 2 parter like the good old days.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Despite occasional dud episodes (and who doesn't have any of those?), I was generally happy with RTD's run, so I'm happy to see him back, though totally shocked. Hopefully they nail the choice for the next Doctor, or I don't think it will matter who's running the show.
I mean, he was the one who did end up casting the biggest Doctor of the new run and (what seems to be general concession) second largest Doctor after Tom Baker. So I have no doubt it'll be good casting.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
I can't help but keep thinking about all the little lore things RTD has done casually in his Doctor Who side projects in recent years that will probably now be quietly ushered into canon. Some of it might be too outlandish, like the stuff about the Doctor having "hundreds" of incarnations including animal ones, but other ones will probably stick, like the story he wrote about Sarah-Jane's canon, in-universe death, and the fate of the SJA kids and all that. And K9! Ace inherits K9. I wonder if we'll get Ace in his new tenure - he almost had her back twice before, but scheduling stuff snarled it up.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I can't help but keep thinking about all the little lore things RTD has done casually in his Doctor Who side projects in recent years that will probably now be quietly ushered into canon. Some of it might be too outlandish, like the stuff about the Doctor having "hundreds" of incarnations including animal ones, but other ones will probably stick, like the story he wrote about Sarah-Jane's canon, in-universe death, and the fate of the SJA kids and all that. And K9! Ace inherits K9. I wonder if we'll get Ace in his new tenure - he almost had her back twice before, but scheduling stuff snarled it up.

Haha, I'd argue we don't need to see it on screen for it to be "canon" but I get what you mean, it's fun think about. I'm sure RTD will be quite happy to give those little nods, I know the side projects are playing to a different audience but from how he's (jokingly tbf!) talked about his vision for the show as this big whoniverse in the modern tv landscape I'm thinking we'll see more of that in his new tenure too.

A nod to the SJA canon would be lovely. And yeah, I'd be very happy if they brought Ace back, she's a fan favorite after all.

I could also see more Big Finish elements being brought into it really, he's had his hand in some of that too... With the Barrowman situation it's a bit more awkward but there's a fair amount of Torchwood he had a degree of involvement with and speaking they're also doing Doctor Who: Mind of the Hodiac in 2022 and that's a proper RTD script. The timing of that has turned into a rather fun coincidence.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Haha, I'd argue we don't need to see it on screen for it to be "canon" but I get what you mean, it's fun think about. I'm sure RTD will be quite happy to give those little nods, I know the side projects are playing to a different audience but from how he's (jokingly tbf!) talked about his vision for the show as this big whoniverse in the modern tv landscape I'm thinking we'll see more of that in his new tenure too.

A nod to the SJA canon would be lovely. And yeah, I'd be very happy if they brought Ace back, she's a fan favorite after all.

I could also see more Big Finish elements being brought into it really, he's had his hand in some of that too... With the Barrowman situation it's a bit more awkward but there's a fair amount of Torchwood he had a degree of involvement with and speaking they're also doing Doctor Who: Mind of the Hodiac in 2022 and that's a proper RTD script. The timing of that has turned into a rather fun coincidence.

The way I tend to think of it is just that everything is canon unless the show explicitly contradicts it, which is also the rule RTD himself said advocated for back in the day. So as far as I'm concerned, Sarah-Jane died peacefully after many years, Luke has a family of his own, and Ace inherited K-9 at the funeral. And the house, with the supercomputer in it, is left empty waiting for its next alien-fighting occupant. If the show later contradicts that obviously the story goes in the bin, but if RTD is around for more than a few years I'd imagine it gets acknowledged

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
The way I tend to think of it is just that everything is canon unless the show explicitly contradicts it, which is also the rule RTD himself said advocated for back in the day. So as far as I'm concerned, Sarah-Jane died peacefully after many years, Luke has a family of his own, and Ace inherited K-9 at the funeral. And the house, with the supercomputer in it, is left empty waiting for its next alien-fighting occupant. If the show later contradicts that obviously the story goes in the bin, but if RTD is around for more than a few years I'd imagine it gets acknowledged

I think that's fair!
I just like to consider everything canon, contradictions and everything, because you can always explain such things away in a show about time travelling like DW. After all there have been plenty of on-screen contradictions too. Maybe I just don't want to let go of the Eighth Doctor's adventure's with Mary Shelley though, haha. If all else fails I can blame it on a time war.

But yes, when it comes to RTD's little contributions over the years I at least fully expect him to keep them in mind when he returns. Just no reason not to.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
when the televised series can't keep canon straight without retconning itself into oblivion (particularly the yo-yo destruction of Gallifrey), trying to integrate things from books, comics and big finish audios would make writing for the series even more of a nightmare.

I'm on team "On TV or it didn't necessarily happen."

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting anything except for a randomly dropped trailer just before launch honestly.