Dinoric

Oct 28, 2017
I think that was supposed to be a burn on Chibnall, as if to suggest that his run on the show was so bad it's like he'd never watched it. (Which, yeah, it was that bad.)
Yeah I get it now. You wouldn't think someone who was a fan of the classic series would be so bad as show runner but then a lot of these fans seem to think there great ideas for doctor who are amazing.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Hey so if you want to "see" David Tennant and Michelle Gomez go at it (and sing!) as animated main characters, The Loud House Movie that was released on Netflix today is a fun watch!

Paradox

Oct 28, 2017
I do find the Chibnall interpretation of the Doctor fascinating because he really does seem to write her as a bit of a damp squib.

Like the RTD version of the Doctor is this flawed but largely valiant hero with a bit of a Jesus/saviour complex who is also the stuff of legends. And the Moffat version is this more mysterious figure that is a myth to some and a demon to others that lives by a stringent self-inflicted moral code that he's often forced to flout.

And then the Chibnall Doctor is just kind of a passive bystander that gets swept up in things and kind of tries to save the day and kind of has a moral code and kind of is an optimist (unless she's being a pessimist this episode) and generally just drifts around in the periphery. But I don't think that's necessarily exclusive to the 13th Doctor - if you look back at stuff like the Silurian two-parter or Power of Three, he always tends to write the Doctor as on the backfoot and being slightly naive and passive and unable to act. Off the top of my head I can't think of a Chibnall episode in which the Doctor does that slightly annoying thing of knowing what's going on before anyone else does but not telling anyone. They're always just portrayed as desperately trying to keep up while everyone else moves pieces around them.

Which is the exact problem with the Timeless Children stuff - it's supposed to be some huge, life-changing revelation and yet the Doctor is entirely separate from every aspect of it, from the discovery of it to the reveal itself, and then just apparently internally gets over it, has a sulk in prison, and then is largely fine again. It's just such a weird take on your central protagonist.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but poparena (of Nick Knacks) has been reviewing Doctor Who novels

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Watching Ghosts, hoping the BBC give the franchise to the Horrible Histories crew tbh.

Paradox

Oct 28, 2017
I was trying to think how much of a quality leap it would take to get from the best Chibnall-penned script to something like Caves and I suddenly realised - I genuinely cannot name a Chibnall episode that I would class as my favourite. They all seemed to fall into two categories: middling to OK, and pretty awful.

I guess people would point to Rosa or Fugitive but I find both of those flawed and get progressively worse on subsequent watches. Maybe Power of Three outside of the last 10 minutes or so? It's a real head scratcher.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Torchwood Exit Wounds was absolutely terrific and Chibnall penned of all things. The guy absolutely can write for then genre, I just don't think he has it to pen the episodes and oversee others and produce them.

OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Power of Three is by no means a favourite of mine, but if the Chibnall era had that sort of quality throughout, I'd have been a lot happier with the past few years.

PS remains the best thing Chibnall ever wrote for the show, for the record.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
not sure how reliable the sources are but there's apparently an animated release of Galaxy 4 (missing Hartnell story) for this year/

And Season 17 (The 1979-80 season where Douglas Adams was the script editor) is also (maybe) coming to Bluray this year.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
not sure how reliable the sources are but there's apparently an animated release of Galaxy 4 (missing Hartnell story) for this year/

And Season 17 (The 1979-80 season where Douglas Adams was the script editor) is also (maybe) coming to Bluray this year.

They come from swiss website listings:

DVD und Blu-Ray kaufen oder mieten, jetzt bei 1Advd.ch!

DVD und Blu-Ray kaufen oder mieten, jetzt bei 1Advd.ch!

Nobody's come out and said they're wrong though, so my feeling is they're legit. And Galaxy 4 has been rumoured for a few months, so it fits.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Total newbie here, kinda realized I have a thing for British pulp sci-fi.

Where do I start, and what's the best way to start watching if I'm in Canada?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While others will offer their own onboarding points, mine was Series 5 of the New Who, the first episodes with Matt Smith. As for Canada, do you get HBO Max? That might be your best bet, or buying the seasons digitally on Apple/Amazon.
It's on Crave and I think I have that. It says there's 12 seasons.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you can handle a rny CG, just start with Series 1 and work your way through the show. Don't worry too much about continuity and what not, the show gets a soft reboot with Series 5, 10 and 11.
Series 1 is a bit wonky, but it has some great stories and Series 4 is (for me anyway) the absolute highlight of the entire run so far.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
So just start with the first one? Is it all tightly in-continuity with itself?

DW is usually broken up by who the showrunners are and who the Doctors are (followed by companions). The first four series are shown by Russel T Davies and feature Doctors 9 and 10 played by Christoper Eccleston and David Tennant. Series 5 through 10 were show run by Steven Moffat and feature Doctors 11 and 12 played by Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi.

Series 1 - 4 are watchable but very old, the show looks a lot like mid-2000s British TV. Series 5 picks up a bit of cinematic flair and changes its tone to a more epic, less soapy format. I personally prefer starting with series 5 because that's how I got into the show but starting with Series 1 featuring Eccleston from 2005 isn't bad either.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DW is usually broken up by who the showrunners are and who the Doctors are (followed by companions). The first four series are shown by Russel T Davies and feature Doctors 9 and 10 played by Christoper Eccleston and David Tennant. Series 5 through 10 were show run by Steven Moffat and feature Doctors 11 and 12 played by Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi.

Series 1 - 4 are watchable but very old, the show looks a lot like mid-2000s British TV. Series 5 picks up a bit of cinematic flair and changes its tone to a more epic, less soapy format. I personally prefer starting with series 5 because that's how I got into the show but starting with Series 1 featuring Eccleston from 2005 isn't bad either.
I keep hearing the episodes by Steven Moffat (I'm guessing a director?) are really bad, or I just see a lot of complaints about them.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I keep hearing the episodes by Steven Moffat (I'm guessing a director?) are really bad, or I just see a lot of complaints about them.

Not at all. People got frustrated with his writing tendencies and show running by the end of his run but his stuff is good. The show runner who's getting the most disdain is Chris Chibinhall who's the current one.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I've been rewatching seasons 1-4 and I've enjoyed them a lot.

I would recommend starting from season 1 of the new series. For all the talk of season 5 being a clean break, they do refer back to previous episodes a lot. Like that Weeping Angels story in season 5 is full of "hey remember this character/monster?" stuff.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Like any fandom, there are factions who hate something about the show. When the first showrunner of the new series ran it, people hated him because he "ruined" the show or whatever. Then Moffat took over, and some hated him. The current guy is hated by many as well. But you'll find defenders for everything as well. There are people who love the current run, somehow.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Total newbie here, kinda realized I have a thing for British pulp sci-fi.

Where do I start, and what's the best way to start watching if I'm in Canada?
DW is great of course.

However, you have just described Blake's Seven. A British classic. It used to be all on YT, now I think you can get all four seasons on Britbox which maybe you can get via Amazon.

Sep 5, 2021
I love Moffat's period on Doctor Who, here's a review I wrote from New Who on other sites a few years ago:

My opinion of new series Doctor Who

Top Doctor

I love all the doctors in the new series, but I still prefer Peter Capald, even reviewing every episode. While I really like the ninth doctor,As he stayed only one season had no way to stay on top of the others, comparing how many different situations the other doctors suffered. The tenth and eleven were the most difficult to decide the positions, I love both, plus the tenth has several negative characteristics that I hate

1) 12
2) 11
3) 10
4) 9

Top Companion

Some characters surprised me as how much I liked. I did not remember that Rose was so fun and even with her various faults until I liked her more than I remembered, Donna I thought I would be better positioned since she has the best and More amusing relationship with the tenth doctor, but had forgotten how incredible Martha was, in several episodes she had to act alone to survive and save the day even with the tenth doctor treating her horribly and condescending several times. Rory and Amy did I did not remember how much I liked their relationship, and how beautiful it was Amy's relationship with the Doctor was, I liked her more than I expected.

Clara I already knew that would be in first place, I love your relationship with the doctor, its complexity, its flaws, is the most complex and developed character of the new series (Clara, we knows that she loves stories, she sees the life of her parents as a fairy tale, loves and wants to take care of children she has an authoritarian personality and tries to take control of the situation (I'm not just talking about their several episodes of the eighth season about this, but also looks to the end of The Bells of Saint John different from the other companions that when the Doctor are invited them to Tardis instead of jumping inside the Tardis she sends him come back the next day, she takes control of the situation and it shows that it will do the thing of traveling with him on her terms, she takes control of the situation instead of the Doctor who let her travel with him is the Doctor waiting to know if she will travel with him). I hate it when they say that Clara is too perfect, when she is the companion with more defects being quoted and who are important for the stories and their development, this does not make sense. Clara is my favorite companion of the new series and the most of the people completely lose the arc point of the Impossible girl: The whole point of her season 7 arc was The doctor realizes that he was wrong and she is only a normal person who later did something incredible, like Rose and Donna. Initially she tried to balance her normal life with the life With life with the doctor, And as Danny died it was as if there was nothing else that bound her to Earth, she saw herself as a protagonist of a book, she and Doctor were the heroes who could always save the day and escape the danger, of course it ended Being so equal to the Doctor who ended up dead, plus she and the Doctor forged such a deep bond and he this season (the ninth) was already tired of letting people die (Ashildr's bow, the girl's death in the bow of the underwater base ) and did not want to lose anybody else and with desire of revenge against the Time Lords he ended up going too far and breaking the laws of time and he brought her to life, plus what could end up breaking the universe, but he with his selfish did not want Give up saving Clara, so he had to erase his memories of her, and you can notice he learned the lesson that everything has to end an hour, that nothing is forever, in the at the The Husbands of River Song. Clara of course would return to Gallifrey, her final arc was a critique of the trope of killing of female character and that any person can be the Doctor, that he is not just a being, but an ideal that anyone can try to be, Idea that has several Moffat scripts, like Extremis, The Zygon Inversion, The Witch's Familiar and several others. . Bill, while I quite liked her, she was very simple, and I sincerely liked the others more than hers.

1) Clara
2) Rory
3) Martha
4) Amy
5) Donna
6) Bill
7) River Song
8) Rose
9) Nardole
10) Captain Jack
11) Mickey

Top Season ( The best to worst)

Top Season Finale

One thing I prefer in the Moffat season finale is that it focuses on the characters' relationships with each other and their developments, how situations are dealt with, and are centered on the dialogues between the characters while those in Russell T Davies are more focused in action, how the situation affects the characters and their choices. In RT Davies are situations that are increasing, threatening the Earth or the Universe, while Moffat is the opposite, starts with a great threat, with several villains to become small situations, with only a few characters in one place, talking between they, in Davies the characters struggle with the external situation, in that of Moffat they struggle with their interior.

1-Face the Raven/Heaven Sent/Hell Bent
2- World Enough and Time / The Doctor Falls
3- The Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang
4- Utopia/The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords
5- Dark Water / Death in Heaven
6- Army of Ghosts/Doomsday
7- Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways
8- The Name of the Doctor
9- The Wedding of River Song
10- The Stolen Earth / Journey's End

There are no episodes that I did not like, for me, every episode goes from good to great. Actually it was very difficult to do the lists, because several episodes were good and great, so some positions were decided not only how much I liked, but by elements of the episodes.

SERIES 1

10º — The Long Game
9º — The End of the World
8º — Rose
7º — Boom Town
6º — Father's Day
5º — The Unquiet Dead
4º — Dalek
3º — Aliens of London/World War Three
2º — Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways
1º — The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances

Series 2

10º — Fear Her
9º — The Idiot's Lantern
8º — Tooth and Claw
7º — Love & Monsters
6º — School Reunion
5º — New Earth
4º — Army of Ghosts/Doomsday
3º — The Girl in the Fireplace
2º — Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel
1º — The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit

Series 3

9º — The Lazarus Experiment
8º — Smith and Jones
7º — 42
6º — Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks
5º — Gridlock
4º — The Shakespeare Code
3º —Utopia/The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords
2º — Blink
1º — Human Nature/The Family of Blood

Series 4

10º — The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky
9º — Partners in Crime
8º — The Unicorn and the Wasp
7º — The Doctor's Daughter
6º — The Stolen Earth/Journey's End
5º — The Fires of Pompeii
4º — Turn Left
3º — Planet of the Ood
2º — Midnight
1º — Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead

Season 5

10º — The Vampires of Venice
9º — Amy's Choice
8º — Victory of the Daleks
7º — The Beast Below
6º — The Lodger
5º — The Hungry Earth / Cold Blood
4º — The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone
3º — The Eleventh Hour
2º — Vincent and the Doctor
1º — The Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang

Season 6

11º — Night Terrors
10º — The Curse of the Black Spot
9º — Closing Time
8º — Let's Kill Hitler
7º — The Wedding of River Song
6º — The God Complex
5º — The Rebel Flesh / The Almost People
4º — A Good Man Goes to War
3º — The Doctor's Wife
2º — The Girl Who Waited
1º — The Impossible Astronaut / Day of the Moon

Season 7

13º - Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS
12° - Hide
11º — Cold War
10º — Nightmare in Silver
9º — The Power of Three
8º — The Bells of Saint John
7º — The Angels Take Manhattan
6º — Asylum of the Daleks
5º — The Name of the Doctor
4º — Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
3º —The Crimson Horror
2º — A Town Called Mercy
1º — The Rings of Akhaten

Season 8

11º — Kill the Moon
10º — In the Forest of the Night
9º — The Caretaker
8º — Into the Dalek
7º — Time Heist
6º — Deep Breath
5º — Dark Water / Death in Heaven
4º — Listen
3º — Robot of Sherwood
2º — Flatline
1º — Mummy on the Orient Express

Season 9

6º — Sleep No More
5º — The Girl Who Died / The Woman Who Lived
4º — Under the Lake / Before the Flood
3º — The Zygon Invasion / The Zygon Inversion
2º — The Magician's Apprentice / The Witch's Familiar
1º — Face the Raven/Heaven Sent/Hell Bent

Seasn 10

10º — Knock Knock
9º — Smile
8º — The Pyramid at the End of the World / The Lie of the Land
7º — Empress of Mars
6º — The Pilot
5º — Thin Ice
4º — Oxygen
3º — The Eaters of Light
2º — Extremis
1º — World Enough and Time / The Doctor Falls

Chistmas Specials

I like all the Christmas specials, there were none that I did not like. The Russel T Davies specials, honestly none of them to me had a Christmas mood, they just seemed like stories that happened during Christmas.

Now I will speak my opinion of some of them.

I like End of Time, but I have several problems with this story, it's too tangled, the master's plan and his powers is horrible, the couple of cacti and the rich are boring and useless, the doctor's talk of regeneration is horrible. I like The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe, I do not know why so many people have problems with this episode, it's really Christmas and the story is so beautiful and melancholic, the happy ending of the family is well done. The Return of Doctor Mysterio is Moffat's lesser Christmas story, but I love Lois and Superman, so I liked the idea of a super hero in Doctor Who, all anything can appear in Doctor Who, I liked the romance story, Moffat loves write love stories.

I really like The Time of the Doctor, even with some problems in the script, has one of the most beautiful discursive during the regeneration, I like the story to be from Clara's point of view,for she spent few hours, but for the doctor spent years,his desperation and sadness. The idea of Doctor being years in a village, sacrificing for it, is pretty, I like the narrator for giving a Christmas mood, the use of the church and the attacking villains could be better, but this was not the focus of the story, the focus of the story was the Docotr aging and dying for a small community

Twice Upon a Time was a beautiful story, I enjoyed having no villain, I liked both doctors having to accept the regeneration, it was a character study, an intimate and simple plot, The 1st Doctor goes through a refusal to change apparently more linked to the fear of what is new and different, an attachment to his way of being that is clearly comfortable to him and has served him so well. In turn, the 12th Doctor faces in his literalness the question of being. As to whether or not he is a good man, we have the use of the Christmas Truce of 1914 as an illustration of his vow to believe in good.

I love The Husbands of River Song, it was a funny story, but with one of Moffat's most moving and melancholy finals, River got a good farewell, I loved her final dialogue in Darillium, a nice ending to a great character.

I was in doubt as to which is my favorite: Last Christmas or A Christmas Carol, Last Christmas with its climate of terror fiflme, with one of the best cast of characters in an episode of the new series, Santa was a great characters, well used and fun and that made all the sense in history, the whole concept of everything being a dream was well written, I love the message of the episode, the scenes of Clara and Danny are well made, the people that you celebrate Christmas may be your last with them, so you have to take advantage. I like not to be the last episode of Clara, since the ninth season finishes her bow and development in an excellent way and her final scene and the Doctor about second chances is great. About A Christmas Carol I do not have much to talk about, a beautiful story with great personangens and as always with Moffat not a happy ending but a melancholy ending.

12º — The End of Time
11º — The Next Doctor
10º — The Christmas Invasion
9º — The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
8º — The Return of Doctor Mysterio
7º — The Runaway Bride
6º — Voyage of the Damned
5º — The Snowmen
4º — The Time of the Doctor
3º — The Husbands of River Song
2º — Last Christmas
1º — A Christmas Carol

Regarding the list of episodes of cybermen and daleks, one can notice that the list are not only of the ones I liked the most, but also how well I found them to have used these villains in history

Top Cybermen Episodes

1- World Enough and Time / The Doctor Falls
2- Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel
3- Dark Water / Death in Heaven
4- The Next Doctor
5- Army of Ghosts/Doomsday
6- Closing Time
7- Nightmare in Silver

Top Daleks Episodes

1- Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways
2- The Magician's Apprentice / The Witch's Familiar
3- Army of Ghosts/Doomsday
4- Dalek
5- Asylum of the Daleks
6- Into the Dalek
7- Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks
8- The Stolen Earth / Journey's End
9- Victory of the Daleks

Top Episodes of Russel T Davies

12 - Gridlock
11 - The Stolen Earth/Journey's End
10 - The Runaway Bride
9 - Partners in Crime
8 - Voyage of the Damned
7 - Aliens of London/World War Three
6 - Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways
5 - Army of Ghosts/Doomsday
4 - The Waters of Mars
3 - Turn Left
2 - Utopia/The Sound of Drums/Last of the Time Lords
1 – Midnight

Top Episodes of Steven Moffat

12 - The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
11 - The Impossible Astronaut / Day of the Moon
10 - Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
9 - Blink
8 - The Magician's Apprentice / The Witch's Familiar
7 - Extremis
6 – Last Christmas
5 - A Christmas Carol
4 - The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang
3 - The Day of the Doctor
2 - World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls
1 – Heaven Sent/Hell Bent

Top Episodes of Mark Gatiss

1) Robot of Sherwood
2) The Crimson Horror
3) The Unquiet Dead
4) Empress of Mars
5) Cold War
6) The Idiot's Lantern
7) Victory of the Daleks
8) Night Terrors
9) Sleep No More

I love Robot of Sherwood, I think it's a really funny episode, Clara was great, I loved the Doctor's dynamics with Robin Hood and had a great message about heroism and inspiration and fiction from the heroes. The Crimson Horror, I like to focus in the Paternoster gang, mostly in Jenny, and I loved Winifred Gillyflower and Ada, they were great characters. As of Cold War, the episodes for me are just regular. Victory of the Daleks and Sleep No More are not so bad episodes, both have good ideas and scenes, in Victory I liked the story of the scientist, the fact that nobody believed in the Doctor and in the end the daleks win, already in Sleep No More sincerely not I see what's so bad about this episode, it has a good idea, a good mood and a good ending, of course there are several things I would do differently, but there's nothing bad about the villan. The only one I do not like, that I hate is Night Terrors, I hated the kid in the episode and had several things that I think did not made sense. Overall I like Mark Gatiss, he did not write my favorites of the seasons but he is not such a bad roter as people say.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Animated serials seem to be coming thick and fast now. Since both evil and g4 happened, I guess snowmen is next? That'd be the halfway point of animated serials. After snowmen, there would be like 4 seasons they could complete with a single animation each (1, 2, 5, 6). Hope they continue at this pace. Guess it really depends on how they've been doing for BBC America.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of expect Marco Polo to be done via the struggle technique from Web of Fear

They hinted as much in the making of special feature for the animated ep, though you could also look at it as the studio touting for work I guess.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of expect Marco Polo to be done via the struggle technique from Web of Fear

They hinted as much in the making of special feature for the animated ep, though you could also look at it as the studio touting for work I guess.

I'd love for them do to Marco Polo, but for the love of everything that's holy... Please I truly do not hope that the team behind WoF get their hands on it.
I understand that the team had to work with a limited budget and time, that and the tech was nothing but experimental for them.
But lord, it looks absolutely dreadful and I hope they'll never do something like that again, unless they actually put a team behind it with experience and a good big budget.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched it in ages, but The Invasion has been the only one that hasn't looked like jank city. I want to love these animations, but they are too often just not budgeted at the level needed and look awful. All respect to the people working on them because it can't be easy, but…I think I'd just prefer telesnap reconstructions to a lot of the animations if this is as good as it gets.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of the ones I have (The Macra Terror, The Faceless Ones, Power of the Daleks and Fury from the Deep), I think The Macra Terror is absolutely excellent and I would not mind it if all the animations were of that quality. The Faceless Ones was similar, but it felt a bit more budget. Power of the Daleks was really hit or miss, the rushed nature of the original production is still here, but I think it's acceptable. Fury is just terrible and not because of its budget. Way too many odd choices made during production and the actual art is just off. The faces, the rooms, the animations, it's all just not there.

I haven't bothered with Web of Fear, those two clips were more than enough for me, it looks absolutely dreadful and in this case I rather just wait for the Collection set of the complete season whenever they get around to it, unless I find one hell of a good deal. Evil of the Daleks will be interesting, it's from the same team that did Macra, so I'm anticipating a really good quality animation. Galaxy 4 will be interesting as well, it seems like it might be good, but I'm awaiting patiently for actual animation.

I'm curious if the Beebs is planning on porting the old DVD animations onto blu-ray in HD or not. It's odd how those are being left behind without any movement of them moving them forward.

Sep 5, 2021
I love the First Doctor era and is my favorite from Classic Who and I like the reconstructions, I hate the animated episodes, I can't watch them, I think it's very poorly done, but the reconstructions sometimes I forget that they're missing episodes

The first is one of my favorite Doctor of doctor who, I think he is intelligent, funny, gentle, arrogant, I love his relationship with his companions, Ian, Barbara and Steven, but mostly he and Vicki, who to me are one of the best doubles of doctor who. I love his development in the first season, of how it becomes more fair and kind, so to the next series he has already become a defender of justice and not stand to see injustices happening.

I love Barbara and Ian, they are practically two of my favorite companions of all Doctor Who, Steven for me to have some of the best dynamics with the Doctor, Steven has a half troubled relationship with the Doctor but both trust each other a lot, he is still very loyal.

And I think that Vicki and the Doctor have one of the best relationships, it's as if Vicki was Susan written correctly. While Susan was very tearful and frightened, Vicki did too, but she had several scenes of curiosity and courage. The doctor with Susan was much more severe and protective, with Vicki being like a pair that goes out to have fun, he besides being more affectionate, he was much more humorous, there are several scenes of the two laughing and pissing off of others , impossible scenes to imagine with Susan or any other companion. so I think Vicki has one of the best relationship with the Doctor.

OP
OP
Dwebble

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vicki's an amazingly good companion, and it's long past time that more people recognised that.