• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be legal in Canada next year, and I plan to smoke up. Seems like it would be great for anxiety and winding down.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
How would you know if you never tried though?

I haven't tried it either, I also rejected cigarettes quite often from people in the past(smoking is common nature along with getting drunk on the weekends where I live). Other than cigarettes that don't have these crazy side effects I am a bit curious about Cannabis. However I lack sources from where I could get cannabis from but if someone would offer me some I'd probably try it out of curiosity.

I have tho??

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan. Either get no high, anxiety attacks, or crippling short term memory loss.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Hell fucking yes I do... Would rather smoke up a million times over than be drunk ever again. Fuck alcohol.

I know it's not for everyone, but it's a great drug imo. Especially in the right place with the right people. Just chill, laugh and relax. Nothing fucking wrong that at all. The world needs more of that in fact.

And people worried about their lungs, there are plenty of ways to get high without smoking lmao

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose, and I can't fault people if it is a cultural thing (even though the science doesn't back it up, meaning they are wrong). I get not liking weed, I just don't know why people would be so strongly opinionated about something they won't try.

Yeah, the amount of Reefer Madness fearmongering surprises me. People need to examine what has been normalized for them by culture, such as alcohol (which can kill you quickly overnight, or slowly through liver failure) and cigarettes, the only vice that can harm people who don't even consume it directly.

To borrow a phrase from legalization activists, you never hear the story of a guy who smokes too much weed, then goes home and beats his wife.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, the amount of Reefer Madness fearmongering surprises me. People need to examine what has been normalized for them by culture, such as alcohol (which can kill you quickly overnight, or slowly through liver failure) and cigarettes, the only vice that can harm people who don't even consume it directly.

To borrow a phrase from legalization activists, you never hear the story of a guy who smokes too much weed, then goes home and beats his wife.
No, but it's not rare for people to smoke up and beat a couple bags of chips though.

Dr. Dre's Dr.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'll be legal in Canada next year, and I plan to smoke up. Seems like it would be great for anxiety and winding down.
It's not a catch all for anxiety, but I hope it helps you. It may also cause nausea. I once thought it was a wonder drug, but it isn't. Having said that, it is far less harmful than alcohol and should not be illegal. It should still be somewhat regulated by age so minors do not have access though.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Nah don't want to start doing cocaine then heroin next.

Haha, this mentality from boomers primarily is the reason why it's illegal and there is so much drug crime. Marijuana is way less physically addictive and harmful compared to alcohol.

Besides any gateway aspect is because black market dealers have drugs like heroine. If weed is sold at Walgreens that option is removed.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Haha, this mentality from boomers primarily is the reason why it's illegal and there is so much drug crime. Marijuana is way less physically addictive and harmful compared to alcohol.

Besides any gateway aspect is because black market dealers have drugs like heroine. If weed is sold at Walgreens that option is removed.

Actually it's been my experience heroin is usually pushed by addicts onto people they know because more addicts means more people to provide money so everyone gets their fix. It's why addicts usually come in groups.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Actually it's been my experience heroin is usually pushed by addicts onto people they know because more addicts means more people to provide money so everyone gets their fix. It's why addicts usually come in groups.

Weed users are far less addicted to weed than alcoholics are to alcohol. So by your statement are drinkers peddling heroin?

FullMetalx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've been smoking everyday for almost a year now...during the summer months it got bad and I just wasted the entire day smoking. Now I just smoke at night to fall asleep during the week and smoke most of the day on weekends.

I need to stop this habit soon though.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
you gotta fly with the eagles into a whole 'nother world, a whole 'nother video game domain. you gotta have the rhythm of a sleazy 70s muscleman combined with the ruthlessness of a 1990s video game killer in the online gaming community.

ClassicColorlessBaboon-max-1mb.gif

Oct 25, 2017
No I don't. It became legal in my area relatively recently but my current job is still vehemently against it "We'll fire you and say it was for something else" so it might as well still be illegal for me. However I was never all that interested in it in the first place so I don't consider it a big loss. I don't really care. I also think smoking anything is just sort of disgusting, so if I ever do get around to trying it, it'll be in edible form.

Even though I don't use it myself I'm still in favor of legalization. Alcohol is worse and I still see plenty of people wasted in downtown on Friday night.

ScatheZombie

Oct 26, 2017
I smoked a lot in college. I drank a lot too.

I gave up smoking entirely and nearly all drinking (I still have a glass of wine maybe once every two weeks). It messed way too much with my productivity. I mean, I can still entirely function high (or even a little drunk for that matter) but... I know I'm definitely not at even close to 100%. And that's a lot of the problem I have with the people I still know who smoke. They always bring up the 'harmless drug' rhetoric but I've known all of them completely sober and they're way faster, sharper, more energetic, etc. when they aren't high half the day. And I've yet to meet this average weed smoker who only does it on the weekends to relax sometimes. Everyone I know who smokes does so almost every single day. It just seems like a waste, of both time and money.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Weed users are far less addicted to weed than alcoholics are to alcohol. So by your statement are drinkers peddling heroin?
I think you got me wrong. I was replying to the gateway thing bolstering your point that the gate way thing is bunk.

In other words it's not drinking, or weed or even dealers that usually create Heroin addicts, it's usually other addicts.

I have seen it many times and heard a lot more, one person will get addicted and they try to get as many people as possible around them on it, usually at the point they cannot afford it regularly anymore.

The best way to avoid getting involved with heroin is not avoiding alcohol, weed or other drugs, it's by avoiding addict who have motive to get you using.

Bubbavelli

Oct 27, 2017
OP sounding like a cop, I knew you were a cop DP.

At any rate, my prefer methods are bongs and blunts. Although i'll be getting a PAX soon so I can have something to puff on before getting to work.

At the moment, California is going through a "designer weed" renaissance where brand name has become more important than the strain name. Some of my favorite growers have to be the Jungle Boys and Nameless Genetics

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I smoked a lot in college. I drank a lot too.

I gave up smoking entirely and nearly all drinking (I still have a glass of wine maybe once every two weeks). It messed way too much with my productivity. I mean, I can still entirely function high (or even a little drunk for that matter) but... I know I'm definitely not at even close to 100%. And that's a lot of the problem I have with the people I still know who smoke. They always bring up the 'harmless drug' rhetoric but I've known all of them completely sober and they're way faster, sharper, more energetic, etc. when they aren't high half the day. And I've yet to meet this average weed smoker who only does it on the weekends to relax sometimes. Everyone I know who smokes does so almost every single day. It just seems like a waste, of both time and money.

you gotta get the right weed. the good stuff will make you super productive and energetic. exercising stoned is magnificent.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I use a CBD vape pen some of the time. It's nice living in a state where it's legal. The greatest thing that's happened so far is my mother in law getting stoned during thanksgiving with her sister and the two of them constantly looking at each other and laughing the entire time.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Moral reasons. Not even because of my religious beliefs, I was just raised and grew up under programs like D.A.R.E and such. Even though it's been a decade, and I'm an adult and I know the benefits of marijuana, both in a personal sense and financial sense for the country, I still cannot bring myself to like it.

I have friends who smoke, and I don't care enough to care if they do it or not, but I won't partake in it and I'll leave whenever they start smoking.

I recently took a trip to downtown San Francisco last week, and it was my first time smelling marijuana and it just... made me irrationally sad. The smell was repulsive, and the fact that it's so socially acceptable to smoke in the city in front of hundreds, and people will join in and act like it's no big deal, just really made me upset.

I'll just say no matter how beneficial legalizing it nationwide would be, I'm so happy that Utah is a "dinosaur" and people are frowned upon for doing it, and doing it, although very common here, isn't the norm and isn't widely accepted.

TL:DR, if you smoke, I don't care. Live your life and do what you want, it's not unhealthy and if it makes you happy, you do you. I will look down on you for it, and don't want it legalized. As irrational as it sounds, I don't like pot, don't want it to be "normalized" like Alcohol is.
If pot were to displace alcohol it's not a stretch to say that it could save tens of thousands of lives.

potam

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuuuuuuck this is me. I need to figure out how to not eat or i'm gonna have to stop smoking

The trick is to not have snacks readily available. Or just don't eat that first bite.

I can smoke all night and not need to snack, but let me take that first handful of chips and I'm on my way to tummy trouble town

potam

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also to everyone in the thread saying pot makes people lazy: yes and no. If you're a lazy boy on your own, weed isn't gonna help. If you're active and creative and all that jazz, it can help.

Weed doesn't make losers, it highlights them.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to smoke until it started giving me really, really bad anxiety. I'd have panic attacks any time I smoked. So I stopped like 4 years ago.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
Also to everyone in the thread saying pot makes people lazy: yes and no. If you're a lazy boy on your own, weed isn't gonna help. If you're active and creative and all that jazz, it can help.

Weed doesn't make losers, it highlights them.

Pretty much, I only smoke when I am just getting off work and have a minute to sit down.

Beanman25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yesss. Every day. Vaping (E-Nano, MFLB) & Joints. Have 3 OZ of ABV saved up from all the vaping actually. Helps me deal with my depression. But admittedly I find myself getting "too" high when I should be productive.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No. I only tried once and it didn't do anything. Better just to live life without extra stuff in it.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't, but mostly because I haven't had a chance to. Got a new source now, so might smoke some more again soon. I had fun with it before so I'm looking forward to it again

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Used to smoke every day for the last 10 years or so. Now maybe 3-4 times a week.

I don't drink too much only socially.

Also developed hella anxiety smoking sativa for some reason.

Indica is all I smoke now. Usually listen to music or play some less twitchy games once my wife passes out.