• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
I have a joint every couple of months, maybe, when someone offers me one while I travel or I visit my brother in the NL. It slows me down a lot and my coordination takes a hit, which can make me feel irritated rather than relaxed and I might also have trouble holding a conversation, my body isn't used to it. Can't take alcohol very well either. I need to experiment with different strains at some point

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i used to in high school. i have no idea what kind it was but it looked like dried up lumps of shit that you had to break up and sprinkle in a roll up or pipe. i enjoyed it.

the last time i smoked it was probably over a decade ago now. i don't know where to get it...simple as that. i could find it if i really wanted but eh whatever.

i'm not against it at all and would like to see legalised.

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country
I've never have. I wouldn't know how to get it even if I wanted to (personal use is allowed in my country, but it isn't sold at stores, only as seeds in some select places). Don't have any "contacts".

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Just started for the first time this year. Finally inhaled enough to get high the night Justice League came out

Alx

Oct 27, 2017
Never have, never will. I have no reason to (same for tobacco), and I'm already annoyed by slow people, I don't see the point in becoming slow on purpose.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
never smoked but been around people who do like at parties and such where it's offered.

Just dont have interest in trying it recreationally but if I suddenly turn ill and my doctor prescribes it as an alternative medicince, I would be willing to start.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Next year I'll have been smoking for 2 decades. Definitely smoked too much as a teen (wake n bake every day.... yeesh)... but I did quit for a couple years to reset. For a decade now I just smoke in the evening after all my responsibilities.

Finally got into the dispensary thing this year. It's not technically legal yet in Canada (should be in 2018), but for all intents and purposes, it is. You don't need to talk to a doctor or anything... just go to one of the dispensaries that lets you name your symptom and then they shoe you in. These places are great....some of the ones in Van have arcade machines, couches to roll on, and are kinda like a coffee shop. It's like the dream I had as a teen.

I'm a sativa guy... always. I don't really smoke to relax, like an indica would do. I want to be able to design or play with a nice creative high. No passed out weed naps, either.

It's funny, it seems like when I started smoking there was all this talk about "short term memory loss" and the general sense of being a burnout. And I used to kind of find that true.... because we were high all the time! Now that I only smoke at night I can't see much practical truth in that. My mind is like a steel trap I'm as sharp as I've ever been.... It could be the sativa factor. It just isn't that debilitating. You're just regular you on a slightly higher, euphoric level.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
I'm asthmatic. I can't smoke anything. Closest I get to smoking is a nebulizer at the hospital.

That, and I am actually allergic to it. As in seriously allergic to Cannabis Sativa and similar plants.

Weed can actually kill me, I will never do it in any form.

Annoying Old Party Man

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't even know how to smoke properly, but I do weed from time to time.

Have a concept at work - smoke a joint just before a brainstorming meeting. Helps unwind me and speak freely of whatever shit I think about - brainstormings are all about tossing shit to the wall and see what sticks, and otherwise I'm too reserved to tell my opinion.

Gordon Shumway

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melmac
I did when I was a teen and in my real early 20s..woke up one day and just got bored of it, really. Don't see anything wrong with it, it just isn't for me anymore.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, every once in a while. Same with alcohol or tobacco. Though it's been a damn while since I've smoked pot, thinking about it. Like, over a year and a half. I think the last time I did, I ended up watching Redline with a friend. Was fun.
Even when I did, it was only once in a blue moon.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At night after my work is finished. Came too it real late, like in my mid 20s. I just LOOOOVE seeing movies while enhanced. Music, too. MJ is like a miracle plant.

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
I have Asthma, so it's pretty much impossible to have weed in the system: without feeling sick.

I've always despised the smell of smoke, as it makes me short of breath. Also don't like the effects it has on people, I have a family member who gets aggressive from blunts.

rostad

Oct 27, 2017
I used to smoke every chance I got but now I just roll a small one before bed. It ruins my weekends if I wake and bake. I get nothing done when I do that.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have Asthma, so it's pretty much impossible to have weed in the system: without feeling sick.

I've always despised the smell of smoke, as it makes me short of breath. Also don't like the effects it has on people, I have a family member who gets aggressive from blunts.
I don't doubt you. That is directly contrary to how it would affect most people, though. Generally it turns people into happy go lucky airheads.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I know that asthma struggle, brother. If you ever want to try, go for some edibles.

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
I'm a sativa guy... always. I don't really smoke to relax, like an indica would do. I want to be able to design or play with a nice creative high. No passed out weed naps, either
say, are there any Dutchies in here by any chance that can tell me if this strain is offered in coffeeshops? I'll be there again in two weeks, it sounds like something I should try out. The only distinction I know is weed and hash. Uhm, they usually don't send me to get jointjes

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. I dont even drink.

I never will either. But I would consider edibles if I had a painful medical condition.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
say, are there any Dutchies in here by any chance that can tell me if this strain is offered in coffeeshops? I'll be there again in two weeks, it sounds like something I should try out. The only distinction I know is weed and hash. Uhm, they usually don't send me to get jointjes
I don't know the Netherlands but I'm going to say "absolutely".

Sativa isn't even a particular micro strain... it's one of the two broad categories of weed, the other being Indica. Sativa is the more light-feeling "awake" weed, while Indica is the more heavy relaxing sleepytime weed.

I would think any pot shop on earth would have one or many of either type.

He could just be a dick, but for some reason weed does him no favours. Addiction nearly cost him a College place.

It's definitely not for everyone.

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
I don't know the Netherlands but I'm going to say "absolutely".

Sativa isn't even a particular strain... it's one of the two broad categories of weed, the other being Indica. Sativa is the more light-feeling "awake" weed, while Indica is the more heavy relaxing sleepytime weed.

I would think any pot shop on earth would have one or many of either type.
oh, thanks for the clarifaction, Boco. I'm as casual about this as it gets, heh. I think I only had Indica in the past, and it doesn't really work for me

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
oh, thanks for the clarifaction, Boco. I'm as casual about this as it gets, heh. I think I only had Indica in the past, and it doesn't really work for me
I hear you. As someone who smoked for 2 decades this wasn't even something I had a choice about until the last 3-5 years or so. Until then you'd just get "weed", and you rarely had an idea of what kind it was. Ever since the dispensaries got big here in Van, even the black market started to be clear about the indicas and sativas.

I have always loved the high of weed... but more often than not it came with a burnout and a crash... possibly ending up with you passing out in a nap when you had work to do. That's because I was getting Indica and didn't know/care about the distinction.

Now that I have the specific choice of sativa... I never get burnout. I never pass out. It's the kind of thing you can smoke and then in 2 hours or so you will be fresh enough to live and work as usual (I still smoke only at night though).

Some people are the opposite though. They want the deeply relaxing escape of an Indica. Insomniacs needing to disappear into sleep for one.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I used to when I was in high school. It was the only reason I had to be around certain friends. It's something that irritates me in hindsight. I enjoyed it though. When it wasn't freaking me out. I liked sativa stuff, indicas I felt like I "barely noticed" if you catch my drift, usually. I live in Massachusetts now, and my prescriber told me it could be a useful tool in my anxiety/depression/OCD treatment once the dispensaries spread further into our area and it's not "Street stuff" lol -- soooooo I'm looking for a way to get back into it in a more "controlled" environment.

I would like to avoid the smoke (I hate it and any time I try smoking, my lungs hate me for a week or two because I'm naturally very sinusy and phlegmy so the smoke doesn't help) and also avoid the slow onset of edibles, and somehow avoid the anxiety that can come with the more psychoactive highs while still getting them lol.

What's my best bet here?

Oct 29, 2017
I smoke on weekends after a work week as a sort of reward. So I'm quite casual, usually 2/3 blunts a week.

I'd prefer vaping or edibles but it's not legal in England so to do that costs a fair bit more than just smoking it. Edibles being my preferred choice.

Monkfish

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Smoked it for 5 years, lost everything in my life, had to rebuild pretty much everything. Relationships, family, jobs, my mind, lost the lot, the more I lost the more weed seemed the answer, not the problem (well weed wasn't really the problem,I was the problem!)

Was smoking £100+ a day in the end, thought if it was just weed I'd be ok, I wasn't

I'm one of the whatever % of people with an addictive personality, I loved weed, but I loved it too much

Near 20 years clean now, enjoy your smokes if it isn't screwing up your life, but if it is - get help

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Smoked it for 5 years, lost everything in my life, had to rebuild pretty much everything. Relationships, family, jobs, my mind, lost the lot, the more I lost the more weed seemed the answer, not the problem (well weed wasn't really the problem,I was the problem!)

Was smoking £100+ a day in the end, thought if it was just weed I'd be ok, I wasn't

I'm one of the whatever % of people with an addictive personality, I loved weed, but I loved it too much

Near 20 years clean now, enjoy your smokes if it isn't screwing up your life, but if it is - get help
Damn. Glad you're off it now then.

I think I spend the equivalent of £100 in 2 months.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I used to be stoned 24/7. It was the only thing that made me feel happy while one ssris for anxiety. But I got depersonalisation so I stopped. I'll be moving to canada in 2 months and will probably start smoking once it's legal as I'll know the strength. In Australia I have to basically guess the quality which I hate.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I used to be stoned 24/7. It was the only thing that made me feel happy while one ssris for anxiety. But I got depersonalisation so I stopped. I'll be moving to canada in 2 months and will probably start smoking once it's legal as I'll know the strength. In Australia I have to basically guess the quality which I hate.
Yeah it's a game changer knowing what you're buying.

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Nor do I smoke, drink, or even consume caffeine (anymore).

Not to judge but if I were going to do drugs it wouldn't be weed. I have friends that do and they perpetually fucking reek. The stench permeates everything they own.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I started about 2.5 years ago. About 6-8 months later became a pretty frequent user and when I moved temporarily to Australia I actually started smoking every day since it was so cheap compared to where I live.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Short answer: why do they call it a love seat?

Long answer: I cant anymore but would if i could.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
No. I live in Japan and pot is still very much illegal here. Everyone thinks it's on par with heroine and meth. If I got caught smoking here I believe I'd be deported after my jail sentence.

If I lived in the states still then fuck yeah I'd smoke.

Nope. Tried it, didnt do jack to me.
A few months ago a friend gave me a line of coke. Probably not the best moment to give that to me, especially when aside booze i dont use drugs. Then again, this guy, one of my better friends, seems to go lower and lower down the drug hole, now doing xtc, MDMA...

I dont smoke either. Never got the appeal of that, its very much a ''be part of the gang'' kind of thing. I didnt care for that as i chose my own roads, so yeah.

So its only drinks for me. That being said, i would love to try out vaping just for the fact so many tastes exist for it.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Nope. I've been around it plenty, but I've never directly smoked it myself. Just a variable I don't want to add into this point in my life. Got enough habits to feed as-is.

I don't drink either, except on special occasions, when I'm with friends. I'm 23 and I've only been properly drunk maybe three times, and one of those times was just last week. It's sort of nice to be a little loose, but other than that, alcohol doesn't really interest me. Plenty of other beverages I'd prefer.

Last edited:

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Occasionally, like once each weekend. I will typically vape it, but sometimes I do edibles, which are fun.

Debiddo

Nov 11, 2017
Never have but I go through the motions from time to time of wanting to. A friend said he'll bring some down on my birthday this December but I'm unsure if I'll go through with it yet.