dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Fuck no. Never, and I'll just anyone who does harshly. I don't even celebrate my country's Independence day.
I've had a jolly roger on my window for years, but I had to take it down recently because of weather damage.

Oct 29, 2017
Nope.

Seeing how so many people who prominently display flags on their lawns/homes/cars/etc dont even attempt to live up to the ideals it represents, I have no interest in doing so. :/

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, need to let them know.

Mutual-Feelings_60x36_Flag_Photo_1024x1024.jpg

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I had the Texas flag hung up in my tiny apartment in Korea because it was a nice, cheap way to fill up the wall while also making it feel like home. Now that I'm back home I doubt I'll use it again.

Those are all absolutely terrible, holy shit, you can't be serious.

I disagree, I think some of those look really good, specifically the framed US flag and the red cross (swiss?) flag.

Last edited:

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
we have the flag of Yemen and a bisexual pride flag hanging in our front windows. I'd love a rainbow Chicago flag but I don't have one yet.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Nope. Previous owners of my home left one in a closet but it's just been sitting there. If I had a Colorado state flag I might hang it on a wall, since I think the flag is pretty cool.

Never realized how shitty most state flags are, glad my state has a somewhat cool one.

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
I have an EU flag with all 28 memeber state flags around it with a kind of map of Europe on it, but that's not out of any sort of patriotism. It's aesthetic/informative.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
I have a flag I got sent by the white house, but it's signed by Bush Jr, so I don't really want to go flying it or pinning it up anywhere.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have a few small ones here and there, just ones I've collected throughout my life. One time I came out to my car and someone put an American flag on my antenna, so it just stays in my car. I also have lapel pins for my suits.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
someone got me a huge japanese flag as a gift, but i never did anything with it

i think its in my closet somewhere

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but only because I have the burial flag from my Aunt Nancy. She died before I was born, my only aunt among 3 uncles, and was a service member. As such, she had a military funeral and part of that includes presenting the family with a flag that is draped over the coffin. Two service members perform a folding ritual with the flag which shapes it into a triangle, which is then presented to the family. It's common to put these in wood shadowboxes. Here's an example of the folding ritual -

Other than that, which is a display that shows my family's personal connection to the country and a reminder of the person, I have nothing displaying the flag.