• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not married but in an open relationship. Yes, I get crushes (I never use that word but in the context of this thread I'll say I do). I've acted on some of them but not all. I'm still using dating apps so it's not like I see potential people as "crushes," just more so people who I have a physical and intellectual attraction to who I wouldn't mind sleeping with.

lmao edited my post like a thousand times to clarify further

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
What's Era's view on polyamory?
I have polyamorous friends, it's all good. ERA can be quite conservative when it comes to these things though, judging from a lot of these types of threads. I'm all about being mature adults and transparent about feelings and desires with partner(s). Cheating is when you hide the information as well as start acting without notifying your partner(s), and that's hurtful.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Of course I do, so does my wife. We've even talked about who our celebrity crushes are. Just because you're married doesn't mean you stop finding other people attractive.

Azzazel

Oct 25, 2017
Crushes as in "Damn that girl is fine" ? hell yes.

Crushes as in "Damn i want to spend more time with that fine girl" ? hell no.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some times, but after some "self service" ill realize that any attraction is purely sexual and i would be less grattified in the long run without my girlfriend in my life

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I have polyamorous friends, it's all good. ERA can be quite conservative when it comes to these things though, judging from a lot of these types of threads. I'm all about being mature adults and transparent about feelings and desires with partner(s). Cheating is when you hide the information as well as start acting without notifying your partner(s), and that's hurtful.

Yeah, I'm not into it, and neither is my wife. But, as long as everyone involved is aware of what's going on and are fine with it, who the hell am I to judge?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, why not? Really depends on how far and what you mean with a crush. It can mean pretty small things. Or with some it can mean a massive infatuation. That's not good obviously, but small fun crushes are fine. Can't stop feelings.
What's Era's view on polyamory?
Threads that go in that direction can easily be a shit-show.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Your brain does not know what "married" is in that regard, so crushes are natural and healthy, just don't act on them. Your hormones, etc are functioning properly.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, it wouldn't be a healthy relationship otherwise. it would be weird to be denied a soda because you're married.

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I would watch a RomCom about this, this sounds hilarious but possibly rough for you.
Ime There's nothing hilarious about a one-sided crush. Or one that you just can't act on.

People will get sexually attracted to other people and might even develop feelings for them.
Crushes can(and do) develop before sexual attraction or even in complete absence of it. The latter can be perhaps hardest to deal with.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't had any crushes since I've been with my wife(even before we were married). I don't think it's a normal thing to have while you're married, it might signal some underlying issues in your marriage.

Saying this with the notion that crush =/= solely physical attraction.