• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you ever get sore/moody/angry when you lose an online game?

• Yes.

Votes: 259 59.5%
  • No.

Votes: 176 40.5%

• Total voters

actthafool

Oct 27, 2017
I get frustrated more than anything else. The heavy SBMM in Modern Warfare is starting to push me to a mild simmer though šŸ˜‚

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Yeah sometimes I get mad when I lose a match in Rocket League to someone toxic but I just take a break and try to focus on my own gameplay.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Not angry, but if I lose many in a row I start to think I'm useless trash lol

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who loses an online game and isn't annoyed, salty or angry is lying

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
i ONLY had this with One game. league of legends, i removed it immediately once i noticed how toxic it made me.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Occasionally I'll get mildly frustrated/salty and no more than that. I've never been a throw the controller to the ground kind of person. Just a "ah goddamnit" and move on.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Moody when I lose online? No. That was my fault.
Moody when i lose to AI? Yes. If something feels unfair, I start to notice design flaws or BOSS HP padding I get kinda irritated.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I am not angry when I am losing, especially if a games goes well like how you described it.
Losing because people aren't playing by the rules, I can be angry at them. That's why I stopped Warzone, too many bad experiences for only some goods.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
In team based game yes, either because i sucked or my team threw the game. That's when i realized i only wanted to play 1v1 or 1vsall games.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
I'm going to say no, but really it's probably yes and I just don't have the emotional awareness to notice.

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland
Yes for like 30 seconds and then I get over it. I always try to be positive in online games because literally what is the point in calling someone a piece of trash? It doesn't help you and certainly doesn't make the other person/people feel good. The main multiplayer team based game I play is Overwatch so even if I'm on the winning team and one of my (random) teammates talks trash to the opposing team in the Match Chat after the match is over I try to stick up for the people they're trashing.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only time I get irritated is if I know someone is cheating on the other team. Like not the usual "Oh I lost they must be cheating because I lost" but when you see kill cams with them snapping directly on your head from an opposite direction, or tracing you through a wall. Even then, I just report and move on. Most games nowadays have okay to decent ban waves for cheaters so meh.

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate you COD it's like a drug I feel so good at times and at others I hate everyone around me!!

generally the only game that does this to me

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I get upset, but it's only for like one minute and I'm basically done after that. I'm also not a controller-throwing manbaby who's out to destroy his things after an L.

That said, it's all circumstantial for me, though. Take Warzone for example. My labeling of that is game is "love the game, hate the players". I do tend to get pretty tilted when I'm decently deep into a match and I get killed by three people huddled up in a corner of an attic with Ghost as a perk. I get killed all the time in that game by better shots, but it's maddening when a group of people has chosen a completely random hole to dig themselves into in a remote location on the map. To this ... I curse and rant with my teammates for one minute and then we're over it.

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe
Sometimes happens to me, but it requires a very specific recipe to happen:
- 1v1 match
- game I've invested time into to get better
- opponent is around my skill level

And even still, it doesn't happen 99% of the time.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Just losing doesn't get to me. I usually get upset if the game has a balance issue and I keep running into people clearly taking advantage of that for an easy win. I usually just stop playing then though and move on.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
yeah but i'm old and "mature" so i ultimately just sigh and go about my day

if competitive MP were big/accessible now as it was when i was a teenager or in my early 20s... hooo boy. that would be ugly

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Rarely, but it happens. I don't care about losing in Battlefield, but will eventually get frustrated if I'm trying to play for serious and things just aren't working out. Sometimes you have bad rounds where nothing seems to go your way.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Only when I really want to win or have been trying really hard to do well. Its not mad at the game or opponent, but at myself. I just remind myself its a game and to not stress out over it.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Annoyed, maybe yes. Enraged? I will just forget it. At least im very sure i wont break my vita for it

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Playing Competitive on Overwatch always pisses me off and leaves me in a bad mood after playing.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Only when it seems unfair, in which case I'm usually upset at the game, not the other player.

But no, losing is fine. It makes winning more worthwhile.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
No. Not even in Overwatch where the toxicity is off the scale for losers.

Cajun

Oct 28, 2017
Oh I get upset all the time over a loss if I've put any time into the game. I'm always over it just seconds later in the lobby though.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Im not a baby.

Sure I want to win and losing isnt a good feeling. But I just pledge to do better next time. Cmon guys what are we mad about.

Grown ups don't "lol".
............ damn you really got him with this one ................... this line is a smoking fucking gun for sure

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Not angry, more annoyed. The most angry i can get is probably when i whiff an easy shot in CS. It's a bit like shroud, where you say a short fuck out loud and then move on. Not into the mic just out into the room.

But i can get annoyed if i'm playing with trolls, afkers, or other people that are wasting my time. I played Valorant and i had to stop because there were to many who were afk, leavers or just trolls. It's just a waste of time.

It's even worse if you are playing high level ranked. That's why Soloq sucks. You can play 40 minutes of any game and suddenly someone decides to ruin it and you have just wasted your time.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Losing no, I do get annoying when poeple grief in games like Siege and ruin the game for everyone though, although not verbally in chat or over the mike.

OP
OP
plngsplsh

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone who loses an online game and isn't annoyed, salty or angry is lying
Care to elaborate?
If you never feel angry imo you're not really invested or have any urge to win.
You may be right. I sometimes play video games to consciously become better at losing. (I'm not joking.) That also means that I usually don't play the game to win it. Instead I try to win the game in order to play the game. (Can't express it any better right now, but it makes sense to me.)

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
No, if I feel a game or a person in a game is whipping me to the point of anger, it's time to actually lol and turn it off.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I definitely get a little salty but that's about it. When I'm starting to get truly frustrated I just shut the game off and go do something else. I don't think it's unusual or weird to get ssalty, just unhealthy if you hold onto that feeling.

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
I remember regularly feeling like complete crap regardless of winning or losing after finishing a game of DotA.

CaptainDreads

Nov 7, 2017
I play a lot of competitive mp games and it's incredibly rare I get annoyed.
Normally it's due to griefers or account buyers and only when it's egregious.

Dota 2 was definitely the worst for that, especially as you're essentially locked in for up to an hour with some toxic ass-hat or clueless person with no surrender option.
Outside of those situations I normally take losses and a learning opportunity. Some of my favourite matches have been close losses and sometimes one stomp teaches me lessons I didn't even know existed

Edit: Hit send too early!

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty much why I stopped playing Battlefield completely. Either Rush or Conquest, dumb fucks decided it was cool to rack up sniper kills without pinging enemies or doing anything else, so it was a lost effort if at least three guys in the opposite team decided to band together.

Now I just don't care, if I lose in Apex Legends then cool, back to the lobby and start a new game trying to avoid repeating the mistake that kept me from winning. Or hoping I don't get paired with randoms that don't grab my banner or decide to keep fighting when the ring is burning and there's no way in hell they can reach the safe zone.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
if you don't feel an ounce of emotion from losing in anything competitive online, I dunno what to say. it's not even a bad thing to admit. It only makes you want to be a better player.
Wait, are we talking about going "ah dammit I should have done this differently" and letting it go five minutes after, or going full Wings of Redemption rage fury? Because I'm definitely in the first category, but it doesn't go far from "oh shit that was close!" and being annoyed at myself.