• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you ever get sore/moody/angry when you lose an online game?

• Yes.

Votes: 259 59.5%
  • No.

Votes: 176 40.5%

• Total voters

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
I just had a match of Apex Legends with two random people. For some reason we got along good. We more or less always stuck together and kept watching each others backs. We won two or three gunfights and lost against the final squad. I felt that we had a pretty good game, so I was kinda surprised when one of my squadmates expressed genuine disappointment at how things played out. He even said "O, come on!" when I missed one of the final shots. When I said gg, he muttered something annoyedly and disconnected.
I was surprised because I usually never get angry over losing a game. So, I got curious: How does resetera handle virtual defeat?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I was starting to, and it was really bumming me out to be the one bringing the mood down, so I just quit multiplayer games altogether.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten annoyed at times such as whenever my half my team goes AFK in halo btb (8vs8) but I end up forgetting about it immediately when I find a next game.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
There are times when I get a bit pissed when I'm having a number of bad rounds and nothing goes my way but I'll just end up switching it off at that point.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There are spectrums. It also depends on what's at stake. Can't say I'm not at least a bit annoyed if I lose a match that was worth $100 or something.

Generally, I try to take losses as opportunities to improve instead of dwelling on them and letting them get to me. Not always that easy.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell no lol, but admittedly I wouldn't even get close to a ranked game, games where win/loses actually matter to a team.

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
I was starting to, and it was really bumming me out to be the one bringing the mood down, so I just quit multiplayer games altogether.
Same. I'm not good enough for online pvp and I just want to have fun. However I must say that I felt extremely excited the one time I beat an invader in Dark Souls

Nov 8, 2017
No.

I only get slightly annoyed when I lose a game because I did something stupid. Like trying to ninja-rope or teleport-gun across to an opponents last worm but missing a platform and falling to my death.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
You lose sometimes, you win the rest. The stakes is what makes the game fun. Enjoy the competition, have fun and move on.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
I get angry at Modern Warfare when I die because of spawning bullshit, but the main reason I play it is to vent anyway. I don't care about match outcomes or how the rest of my team performs.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
At games like COD or Warzone no not at all. But there was a time I grinded league day for day and let me tell you that my mood depended on the outcome of my games. One of the reasons why I quit competitive games like league or at least don't take them that serious anymore.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Everybody gets salty. When I get salty I don't really act differently though because I'm a grownup and being a grownup is an ever-narrowing spiral of disappointments.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I was just on a ten game winning streak in Gears 5 and then we lost the next KOTH match because two of my teammates were teaching themselves to wallbounce in the back of the map while never firing a single shot or rushing a hill.

Yeah, I'm pretty angry.

YonderOne

Nov 29, 2018
Perth, Australia
At most I'll probably be disappointed in myself if it's my skill or lack thereof that was the apparent cause, and then I'll try to be better next time. But if it's just lag,performance mischief or teammates I'll just shrug or turn it off.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Not in typical online games, but I'll get moody when encountering invasion after invasion on Souls game, and I just want to progress on game.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't had that issue, but I used to play Dota 2 with a group of people that would get very angry when losing. (which is one of the reasons why I rarely play with them now)

Apr 3, 2020
I was playing COD Warzone, and I always play with randoms. One time I met two players (I think they're in same party). I felt we worked along very great, we shared money, items, exchanging compliements, and won every fights we encountered

But we lost mid game, where I was the last player standing in the team. And one of the team was angry and called me "dumbass" (I don't recall he said the F work).

I was shocked and burst out laughing( Somehow I felt like betrayed). I mean we had a good game and fun, this what's important.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Depends on the game. Apex Legends? Sometimes. Last of Us Factions? Oh yeah. Everything else: no.

Santos

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I used to be disappointed with myself when I lost team based pvp games playing with randoms. I always try my best and keep trying to improve. Losing matches because people make basic ass mistakes even in high ranks and throw away games just to prove a point made me just not have fun anymore. The only pvp games I play nowadays is fighting games because of that.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
yeah, it's a very human thing. age or maturity has nothing to do with.

and of course it depends on how the loss happens. if it's a good nail-biter with great moments, i'm fine with losing! if i'm completely outmatched, it's also not that big of a deal. if it's a casual game with zero stakes, i can shrug off a loss.

but if it's a ranked game where everyone is expected to play their best and i give it my all, and my team loses because of an outstandingly poor performance or some crucial yet totally avoidable mistakes (either made by me or a teammate), it doesn't feel good.

much like how someone can get upset at a bad ending of a story or a last boss killing you over and over and over (which leads to a whole thread on resetera trashing said story/game), a competitive game that you invested time and effort into ending with a bad loss can be frustrating.

of course it also depends on your response. if you become toxic about it and start insulting people, then yeah, that is 100% a problem.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
no cant say that it does

The only thing that elicits those types of emotions in me is Football Manager!! There is nothing so rage enducing as going on a long winning streak then playing the bottom of the league team. Cue 700 shots on target for you and 1 for the opposition in which they invariably score and win the game.

Grrrrrrr ahhhhhhhhhh SON OF A B....

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Not usually. Not enough to throw any sort of tantrum at any rate.

Emote spamming jerks in Legends of Runeterra can come close, though.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I get the most tilted playing Overwatch ranked. That shit gets my blood boiling if it's a particularly shitty game. Especially cos it's a team based game and sometimes it can feel like it's not your fault (even if it is lol). But I know how angry I can get and I tap out everytime I lose like twice in a row or something

Belladonna

Oct 30, 2017
Not at all. I'm always super chill. My friends can be moody or even angry when we playing together.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
Definetly some anger when i was younger but even then i knew that this was the sign to stop playing.

Never in 1v1 games though. For some reason team based games were worse.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Try playing Dota 2 and say you never got agitated . If that's true , I believe you've reached Nirvana

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I play fighting games so the losses feel more personal. I try and stop if my mood gets too bad because there's no point playing when you're frustrated because it just makes you worse. Then I just hit the lab and try and work out why I'm being such a bitch.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I only really play fighters online and with those its more just feeling down about my own lack of skill or improvement.