Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly don't think its an over statement to say this is the best superhero game ever released so far right now across all platforms.

Hopefully we will get a sequel down the road.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really. It's a great game but Arkham City is still the standard to beat imo.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I'd agree with that, yeah. I didn't play Arkham Knight though, so I could be missing out on something.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
for me personally yes for sure, especially since Spider-Man has always been my favorite superhero

ZanderEzekial

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberspace
The fact that the game is so similar to Arkham actually makes me think that it's not. Like, they did the open world better than any Batman game, but they also transferred over busywork tasks and forced stealth segments.

I'm super happy with it, but it doesn't feel like an Insomniac game, so I can't say it's the best.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure the day the game releases is the best time to get level headed responses. Check back in a year.

Ricky

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt many people have beat the game yet. Maybe ask again in a few weeks/months???

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
Been playing it for about 2 hours now so it's too early to tell but it's very VERY like Batman gameplay wise so far.

I'd almost consider it a sequel, I'm gonna wait until it brings some of it's own ideas to the table first.

So far though the side quests are much better in Batman Arkham City.
But getting around the City is a little more smooth in Spiderman.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'm enjoying it a lot more than the Arkham games so far. Spider-Man is more agile which makes combat wild and wacky, the traversal is incredible and the city feels more alive than in the civilian-less Arkham games.

But it's a bit early to say definitively if it's better or not.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too early for me to say as I'm only a few hours in but I can see the combat system having a lot more potential than Batman's and I'm one of the people who defends batman combat. I haven't even unlocked most gadgets or skills yet and I can already see so many different ways of handling situations.

edit: I do agree this is crazy early though. Even if you've somehow completed it already you need time for it to digest and properly analyze it after stripping away any emotional feelings you have towards/against it.

Last edited:

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Arkham built itself upon everything that had come before. It is the best Batman game it could've been.

Spider-Man is fantastic. Traversal is much better than Arkham. Yet it is still lacking the final polish that Arkham had.

Insomniac created an amazing base which they can build upon. Can't wait for the next Spider-Man game.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Spider-Man and I'm not sure I ever will (PC only), but the Batman series has set the bar incredibly high from an all-around standpoint.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It just came out, yo. And you're comparing an entire trilogy (Plus their superior friend, Origins) to one game. Let's see what Spider-Man is able to achieve in the second game.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Even though I'm enjoying it more than all Batman games I played, I still need to finish it. But so far yes, this is the best super hero game

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Yall saying no need to chill, it ain't even been a day. And yall saying yes need to let it sink in a little more, its only been a day.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a ridiculous question to ask a day after its release. And the answer is no. Spider-Man is Arkham-lite, but it falters in its main campaign and side stories being nowhere near as polished or as good as the Arkham games. The sequel could surpass them if they focus on those areas.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Better combat, more organic world, better side content, and integrating non-hero/MJ stuff really adds a lot of variety. So without a contest it's better imo.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its good but no.

The side stuff is Spiderman is pretty bad and I am only a few hours in. Its open world filler from 2007.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I think it's up there with Arkham Asylum for sure but I don't think it dethrones it. Easily one of the best superhero games I've played though!

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
No. Batman is just way cooler and more fun to play. Even traversing the city is better in the Batman games.

The only thing Spiderman has on Batman so far, is that it has a lot more environmental appeal. Instead of being in a gloomy city, you explore New York and meet with lots of NPCs. It also has a real "city-like" feeling with lots of peoples and occasionally thugs, instead of being filled ONLY with thugs. Plus playing as "Peter" is a somewhat interesting aspect. Playing as Bruce is never interesting.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
You should have made this thread in a month, 90% of people haven't even finished or even played it yet. That said I'm confident it will be easily better than Arkham Knight though.