• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
They have 1 big game and that's about it. It's pretty underwhelming after their lackluster 2018 in terms of new games. Even more so when we take into account the fact that they supposedly have only 1 system to support.
The indie releases have been nothing short of amazing and the fact that Nintendo seems to be actively promoting them is very commendable. I hope that they will continue with this strategy. Regarding their first party output, I hope they will diversify it more in the upcoming years/months. I'm certainly not hoping for a large budget game every month, but having a constant stream of releases for smaller scope games such as Sushi Strikers or Captain Toad for example would be really nice.

I hope this direct will be specifically about that. Or with unexpected 3rd party games like Doom last year.

They have 3 big games. Mario Party, Pokemon and Smash. You can't just dissmiss the first two because they are more casual oriented. They are big games for Nintendo and for a big part of the Switch audience.

Now, they are indeed supporting one system. 2017 saw the support from the "console" dev teams since the WiiU bombed but they were still supporting the 3DS in 2016/2017. These teams need time to put their games on Switch, especially since the HD transition is tough. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion are franchises that did exceptionally well on 3DS and will come on Switch starting in 2019.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
then 2020. Supporting a company doesn't mean wishing them success when they follow a path you disagree with.

Sure you can purchase whatever you want, maybe time to think about just getting a different system though if you don't like what Nintendo are offering?

Its basically impossible Smash doesn't do insane numbers. Bear in mind also Smash is developed basically externally at Bandai Namco with an external director so makes no real difference to Nintendos own output anyway.......

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why won't someone just tell us the time it will be announced? Then we don't have to punish ourselves for hours and days.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
3NyhCiq.gif

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have 3 big games. Mario Party, Pokemon and Smash. You can't just dissmiss the first two because they are more casual oriented. They are big games for Nintendo and for a big part of the Switch audience.

Now, they are indeed supporting one system. 2017 saw the support from the "console" dev teams since the WiiU bombed but they were still supporting the 3DS in 2016/2017. These teams need time to put their games on Switch, especially since the HD transition is tough. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion are franchises that did exceptionally well on 3DS and will come on Switch starting in 2019.
Do you think NLG's Luigi's Mansion 3 will be released in 2019? I think it may be a holiday release.

But I hope to see more 3DS level of content and games going forward. I feel like it's missing smaller japanese RPGs and more niche japanese games overall. From "Nintendo" I want to see Grezzo and AlphaDream announcing Switch projects. Could be cool to get some smaller eshop games, I feel like they're missing on Switch - stuff like Pushmo from IntSys and BoxBoy! from HAL.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Why do so many people sleep on Super Mario Party? That's a big game

I don't know if it qualifies as AAA, but it's certainly quite significant.

Truth is, many people, including me, want what they haven't had in a while: and on Switch, that is some big fat single player experience with the tiny tegra X1 overachieving once more. Reading the Retro-studio related thread shows just that, and the potential release of a Starfox Grand Prix was a disappointment for many including me; especially as it seems to be a backup plan after a failed development for another game, according to the rumor. I still hope it's wrong by the way.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
There should be at least 3 more Nintendo directs

One in September for Holiday games/sneak look at 2019/ and online. One Pokemon direct, and one more Smash direct.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Ok thee mods are in. That means that something is about to happen.

Hold on everybody!!!