BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow, awesome. The show never became accessible for many who wanted to see it.

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
This is massive news and this will be incredible.

That said I wonder when we will ever get a "movie" version of this.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Finally.

What happened to the recording of the final show with the cast they were supposed to release at some point?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Disney will hit $10 billion again in 2021

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Huge news! Had the privilege of seeing it last year in Austin and it's simply incredible. Can't wait to see it with the original cast.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They must have paid an absolute boatload for the rights if it is coming out so soon. There are popular musicals that are a decade old and still waiting for a movie version.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Title really needs to clarify this is the original Broadway recording and not a new theatrical film.

Nov 5, 2017
Hell yes! I never saw the theater production, but I am excited to see how they adapt the play for the movie-going public.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I watched the play in Chicago and it was lit. However, the guy doing Burr didn't quite nail "Wait For It" and it made me sad that I would never see Leslie Odam do it. Now I will get to and I'm so excited about it.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I saw the national tour a few weeks ago and it was fantastic, but I can't wait to see it with the original cast.

This thing is going to make a killing.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Disney makes sense given how much original music Lin-Manuel Miranda is collaborating with Disney on.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Selfishly - I'd much rather see a gigantic Busby Berkeley expansion (as they're doing with In the Heights) and sea battles and revolutionary war and cannons and whatnot.

I'm excited that more people will get to see the original musical of course - but the medium of film is better suited to immersive spectacle. I've seen Hamilton twice now at the theater and it's literally a work of genius, the best musical ever made IMO, but if anything the theater setting makes it feel contained and swollen - like it's on the precipice of exploding into real worlds and special effects and so on.

It's amazing to be in that theater, but being there is 80% of the feeling. It won't work as film as well.

Also, they filmed and captured the audio for this years ago and I'm not sure why what's effectively an editing job is going to take two years to make.

edit. Here's me at the Broadway show, with tickets picked up as last minute cancelations which is (usually but not guaranteed and you NEED a printer - digital tix don't work but kinkos or a hotel will hook you up) very easy to do. And look at these seats!!!!!

69Tfuuw.jpg

Last edited:

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Wild that they have been sitting on this for so long. But makes sense to squeeze all the money out of the nationwide tour before putting this out.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Is this the taped recording or the cast reuniting and performing it again except with better effects?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Finally. I've wanted to see this for so long but it's been impossible for me to get tickets. The ticket industry in general needs to fucking die in a fire