Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah we'll probably see a complete version for Disgaea 6 on both Switch and PS platforms later on.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I doubt a moneyhat. These niche JRPG games simply sell like ass on PlayStation nowadays.
Remember when NISA said that Sony wasn't supportive of small studios, then Sony made them apologize

www.resetera.com

NIS America apologizes for saying ‘Sony is not friendly with small publishers’

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/nis-america-apologizes-for-saying-sony-is-not-friendly-with-small-publishers

It's probably because it's not selling as much, but I don't doubt it'll land on PS5 someday.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lmao @ the moneyhat nonsense. Come back with some receipts

I'm not sure Disgaea is for me, but I'll give 6 a try. I love the type of game it is, story and characters just haven't clicked with me

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I think the combo of 'pastel'/softer palette and the 3d models being kinda chibi doesn't really do it any favors for a first showing of a transition to 3d.

Also, kinda surprised it's solo Switch (at least at first), but if D5 really sold that well, I suppose I'm not surprised.

Curious on what type of battle system (skill levels versus weapon rank vs something new) we'll end up getting.

Yahabane

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 29, 2019
What?! Exclusive?! I guess this is what happens after Sony "threatened" NIS for making that comment about Sony not supporting smaller devs compared to Nintendo. They got fed up being treated like second-class citizens on PS. Seriously, holy crap. The direct is so good.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this isn't a Nintendo moneyhat. This is a result of Sony neglecting small Japanese publishers who have been loyal for 20+ years.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I want more spin off titles from NIS. =/

This looks like typical Disgaea, of course, but Makai Kingdom/Phantom Brave/Soul Nomad were all really good

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can sorta understand the exclusivity right now. NIS aren't the biggest company financially and Sony are losing way too much foothold in Japan. Gotta go with the platform that's been raking in the money for the time being.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised it's exclusive

Also surprised at the move to 3D.... ehh it doesn't look great but I'll probably get used to it.

I never finish Disgaea games anymore but I'll still be there Day 1 lol

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're a sales regular, you should know lol

Good sales for NIS on switch so fat, Sony not treating them too nicely and I doubt NIS are buying a PS5 devkit yet and PS4 will be dead in japan when this comes out.
yeah but the series has a PS fanbase outside of japan, and they didn't have to make a next gen version. oh well.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
lmao @ the moneyhat nonsense. Come back with some receipts

I'm not sure Disgaea is for me, but I'll give 6 a try. I love the type of game it is, story and characters just haven't clicked with me
Iirc, Nintendo made them a deal not to release the PS4 version of SNK Heroines physically, so there's precedent with them and NISA.
I think the combo of 'pastel'/softer palette and the 3d models being kinda chibi doesn't really do it any favors for a first showing of a transition to 3d.

Also, kinda surprised it's solo Switch (at least at first), but if D5 really sold that well, I suppose I'm not surprised.

Curious on what type of battle system (skill levels versus weapon rank vs something new) we'll end up getting.
Yeah, I think the chibi-ish look for some characters is what's throwing me off. If the MC was taller like his art, he'd look way better.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Wouldn't be surprised if this version is exclusive, and a later "complete" edition comes to switch 2 and ps5

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this will end up on PS5 at some point; just feel there is to much history there with previous games and a lot of money to leave on the table.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The models look pretty good to me. This'll be my first Disgaea since the original.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer started and I thought "man, these 3D models are ugly," and then it started showing characters that aren't the main guy. Turns out it's just him I hate. But Laharl and Flonne and the generic class models all looked charming and cute and I was pleasantly surprised.

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
yeah but the series has a PS fanbase outside of japan, and they didn't have to make a next gen version. oh well.
If I recall correctly, Sony made a mandate that any PS4 games certified after July would have to guarantee forward compatibility with PS5. Assuming NIS don't have any PS5 dev kits, well, they can't really do that.

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
3D models look gross, but I hope it grows on me.

Switch exclusive? Thats a first

Hoping for a cast as good as 4's and gameplay as good as 5's

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I'm stoked. 3d models looked bad up close, but since 95% of my time is not looking at anything up close I'm fine with that.

Only one instance of boob physics. I'm glad they've seemingly toned that down a little. I realize we're in the Netherworld and all, but the Otaku-baiting trend is well and truly mostly behind us. Games are for everyone, Japan!

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not super excited about the exclusivity, but I'm glad the series still exists at least.

I wonder if a late PC port is still in the cards.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
I'll miss the HD sprites. Harada is like half the reason I like Disgaea (Sato is the other half), and 3D just isn't the same.

But at each entry I do less in the endgame, and now they raised the level and stat cap lol. I'll get it eventually because the series still have a special place in my heart, but there's no hype here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Very shocked they are doing 3D but still excited. I have Disgaea 1,4, and 5 on Switch and haven't beaten any of them lol.

Oct 27, 2017
As everyone else I'm rather surprised by the switch to 3D models. I wonder how they want to match the insane number of content and animations that the predecessors had that way?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to buying this and then never coming close to finishing it, just like I've done with literally every other numbered Disgaea game.

I still love them though.

Avada Kedavra

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
I see NIS isn't doing anything to slow down the bleeding. Unless there's a Nintendo moneyhat here exclusivity isn't going to save them.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not super excited about the exclusivity, but I'm glad the series still exists at least.

I wonder if a late PC port is still in the cards.

Later PC port is guaranteed. That's just added value later on and even if it is a moneyhat(it's not) Nintendo won't stop a PC port six months later.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
I've played and enjoyed all 5 mainline titles but I have to say, these new protag designs are probably the worst of the bunch. I'm also skeptical about the 3D graphics as their past forays have been of questionable quality. Gonna have to see more before though.

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
Really enjoyed 5 so I'm excited for this. I think the 3d models look great, and they will be a nice change from the exact same 2d sprites they seem to have been using forever.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Also stoked about this from the disgaea.us/d6 website:

"Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny unites a grim yet touching story with insane tactical combat, while introducing gameplay elements never before seen in previous installments. As a result, new and returning players alike can craft a truly memorable and unique journey through the Netherworlds. Bring the pain in battle with special attacks and support from a plethora of ally units. Customizable settings such as Auto, Retry, and Replay allow both hardcore and casual players to fight their own way. And should things take a terrible turn, use Super Reincarnation to rejoin the fight and keep trying until you succeed. This truly is a Netherworld fit for everyone!"

FINALLY an auto battle setting! Should be mandatory in every SRPG.

There is also a $99 Collector's Edition
D6_ESRB_StoreLE_Glamshot.jpg

Last edited:

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Don't mind the 3d models, actually think it suits the style very well.

Main character tho? Looks awful.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Also stoked about this from the disgaea.us/d6 website:

"Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny unites a grim yet touching story with insane tactical combat, while introducing gameplay elements never before seen in previous installments. As a result, new and returning players alike can craft a truly memorable and unique journey through the Netherworlds. Bring the pain in battle with special attacks and support from a plethora of ally units. Customizable settings such as Auto, Retry, and Replay allow both hardcore and casual players to fight their own way. And should things take a terrible turn, use Super Reincarnation to rejoin the fight and keep trying until you succeed. This truly is a Netherworld fit for everyone!"

FINALLY an auto battle setting! Should be mandatory in every SRPG.
I wonder what Auto item and chara world runs would be like.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
I can get used to the 3D models, and maybe even grow to prefer them, but ew at being an exclusive. Think I'll wait and see if it's truly exclusive, don't want to fall into the double dip trap.

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
Just read in 5ch that screenshot in Nintendo HP has PS4 UI buttons LMAO.

topics.nintendo.co.jp

『魔界戦記ディスガイア6』が2021年1月28日にNintendo Switchで発売決定。『魔界戦記ディスガイア5』のいっせいトライアルも9月21日より開始。 | トピックス | Nintendo

日本一ソフトウェアさんのシミュレーションRPG「ディスガイア」シリーズ最新作、『魔界戦記ディスガイア6』が、2021年1月28日(木)にNintendo Switchで発売されるこ