• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
With both Labramon and the original Falcomon (not the Savers variation), it looks like Survive is going to have some real left field inclusions. Hopefully that means we'll be getting a pretty deep roster.
Actually, since models are new in Survive, I am deeply worried that we are going to have many cuts from Hacker's Memory roster. Cyber Sleuth & Hacker's Memory had nigh perfect rosters IMO. We might lose some good choices.

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it won't be a let down like Cyber Sleuth. It was boring.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
now that I'm looking at the screens on my desktop, it's really clean and aesthetically pleasing...

but goddamn that level design. the comments about it looking vita-ish rings truer. but that's insulting to the SRPGs that have good level design on the vita. budget this game doesn't have

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best way to get into Digimon? Back in the day, there was a fanboy war in my class between Pokemon fans and Digimon fans. I was loyal to Pokemon and never gave Digimon a chance lol. Anyway, I tried watching the first season before it left Netflix a couple years back. I forgot what episode I made it to but I just was not too interested. I think that show is something you just had to watch as a kid to really appreciate. Should I just pick up Cyber Sleuth next time I see it on sale? It will be fine without too much Digimon knowledge?

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
What's the best way to get into Digimon? Back in the day, there was a fanboy war in my class between Pokemon fans and Digimon fans. I was loyal to Pokemon and never gave Digimon a chance lol. Anyway, I tried watching the first season before it left Netflix a couple years back. I forgot what episode I made it to but I just was not too interested. I think that show is something you just had to watch as a kid to really appreciate. Should I just pick up Cyber Sleuth next time I see it on sale? It will be fine without too much Digimon knowledge?
Pretty much all Digimon series are separate continuities, so you don't need to watch anime to get what's going in games and vice versa.

Cyber Sleuth is good old basic RPG. There are some few references for fans of series, but you are fine to start with Cyber Sleuth.

There is another new game, Digimon World Next Order for PS4, however that one is special pet raising RPG, which completely unique and is based on raising Digimon like Tamagotchi & virtual pets. Its quirky gameplay might not be for everyone's taste, but if you'd want to try something very different, it's a decent choice. And if Next Order is good, then if you can get it in some way, original PS1 Digimon World is also a fan favorite. There are more Digimon games, but they have their quirks which aren't that good for new comers. A lot of other RPGs can be grindy.

If you are interested in anime, but not interested in first season, the third anime series called Tamers is widely loved and one of the fan favorites. If the original series Adventure wasn't interesting enough, Tamers might be more interesting, as it has more mature themes.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much all Digimon series are separate continuities, so you don't need to watch anime to get what's going in games and vice versa.

Cyber Sleuth is good old basic RPG. There are some few references for fans of series, but you are fine to start with Cyber Sleuth.

There is another new game, Digimon World Next Order for PS4, however that one is special pet raising RPG, which completely unique and is based on raising Digimon like Tamagotchi & virtual pets. Its quirky gameplay might not be for everyone's taste, but if you'd want to try something very different, it's a decent choice. And if Next Order is good, then if you can get it in some way, original PS1 Digimon World is also a fan favorite. There are more Digimon games, but they have their quirks which aren't that good for new comers. A lot of other RPGs can be grindy.

If you are interested in anime, but not interested in first season, the third anime series called Tamers is widely loved and one of the fan favorites. If the original series Adventure wasn't interesting enough, Tamers might be more interesting, as it has more mature themes.

Thanks for the info. I'll probaby start with CS then. I don't really need to watch an anime. I just wanted to see if I'd get into the monsters. But it looks like Tamers is on Hulu and Crunchyroll so I'll check it out once I've cleared my backlog of tv shows which is much smaller than my backlog of video games lol.

Amazon has the first CS at $19.93 which is a great price.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the info. I'll probaby start with CS then. I don't really need to watch an anime. I just wanted to see if I'd get into the monsters. But it looks like Tamers is on Hulu and Crunchyroll so I'll check it out once I've cleared my backlog of tv shows which is much smaller than my backlog of video games lol.

Amazon has the first CS at $19.93 which is a great price.
Oh, the monsters?

Well, compared to Pokemon, Digimons can be just about ANYTHING for better and worse. It's probably why Pokemon fans hate Digimons, they can get really weird. Hopefully you don't mind weirdness & rougher art style too much then.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
It's pity it's not a new game in the World series, but it does look interesting. I like the artstyle, and the graphics look pretty, reminded me of good old FFTA.

At least it's not another copy paste of Cyber Sleuth.