Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Digimon? SRPG? Switch? I'm down.

I wish they would tone down the fan service and bad female character designs but I am not hopeful.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
this is...interesting. No one asked for this but here we are.

Is it too much to ask for a remake of Digimon World 3? Like that game was THE PERFECT Digimon game.

I'm keeping my expectations low on this one.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, I can see this being really good depending on how much Bamco invests in it. I really enjoyed Cyber Sleuth, and although this seems pretty different, I like the sounds of a visual novel combined with a tactical RPG.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This seems interesting enough. I still haven't even gotten to Hackers Memory, so I'll probably be ready for something different by then anyway.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Would anyone happen to know how much time there was between the jpn and eng announcements of the previous Digimon titles?
I think it was around a month for Hacker's Memory to get an English announcement which was the closest from the recent games. Cyber Sleuth and Next Order took a while to be confirmed for Western releases.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Digimon can be surprisingly adult sometimes. One of the core plot points of season 3 is one trainer has a mental breakdown after a close friend is murdered, and is subsequently captured and mindscrewed by the villian.
I'd say that's more Chiaki J. Konaka than Digimon though. I'd be so absurdly hyped to see him work on the franchise some more (or you know... anything).

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The website is now open.

Not really new stuff, but we do have cleaner screenshots:
KIwfXqj.jpg

dV5QrbQ.jpg

n3XBkid.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
More evidence it being by the SRW team I think, since those are sprite-based also, plus the team did just bring SD Gundam G Generation Genesis to Switch which would explain why this is on Switch IMO.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Sounds like trash. Call me when they announce a new one in the vein of Cyber Sleuth.

I personally did not like Cyber Sleuth at all. Got it because everyone raved about it, and I was not impressed by it and it did not scratch that Digimon/Pokemon itch. I just want a simple Digimon game that deals with capturing Digimons in a typical RPG setting of its time, like a farm or village or town or jungle or caves or desert or fields.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
It looks a lot better than Cyber Sleuth. I hope they maintain a style similar to the first series.

Oct 25, 2017
With both Labramon and the original Falcomon (not the Savers variation), it looks like Survive is going to have some real left field inclusions. Hopefully that means we'll be getting a pretty deep roster.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Whats with them not releasing Digimon games on PC?

Ah well, I got the other two on my PS4 wishlist, will add this one too lol.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Bamco effectively dumped the vita, so it wouldn't surprise me of this was intended for it but got hit by the shift
Yeah, especially when the game has everything it needs for a cheap vita/ps4 looking game that could easily get ported to other consoles for quick money: visual novel-ish, low quality assets, etc

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh wow, that looks a lot more interesting than the recent games! From a quick glance, anyway. Especially with that screenshot that looks like a title screen. My mind's kind of screaming with excitement just for that image alone. Something about the abandoned classroom aesthetic really appeals to me.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Digimon has always been held back by one of it's greatest strengths. Everyone has their own moves. No company is going to want to put all that in a game

Bulbul

Nov 20, 2017
This looks better than I thought, I have nostalgia for Digimon World 2, it had a weird combo of the map movement being tile based/rouge like while the combat had its own screen and being traditional turn based.

I like this alot, hopefull for the game being good, I don't care about the social part though.