• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's really going to be interesting to see how younger generations will view the classic 70's, 80's, and 90's films.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
i think you just admitted to rape
o6BMQOR.gif

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I see how it gives off rape vibes, especially when he rushes and puts a hand on the door. That would make me feel uncomfortable even if I wanted to have sex with that person

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
I know.

In my memory I thought there was a cute conversation between them about kissing but watching it now it's not there lol. He does a cheek kiss and then they just kiss. Still this scenes seems like a consensual encounter to me.
It could easily have been Adrian going through with it because he blocked her from leaving and she didnt feel comfortable being more firm in her refusal.

It's all entirely unnecessary. This shouldnt be controversial.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I rewatched The Last Crusade a while back. And I was thinking about how the first kiss scene would never fly these days.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the hell repressed life is Adrian living that she's never been in an apartment with a dude before. These people acting like they're thirteen.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
tell me about how you kissed a girl after she explicitly told you she was uncomfortable and did not want to be in your house
Might as well remove that question mark from your thread title and also post in the OP that if you disagree then that means you're a rapist. I mean, all cards on the table and whatnot.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The character writing of Rocky is still so fucking good. Well-deserved Oscar.

Also, the OP's take ignores context and the characters themselves.

OP
OP
Yebele

Yebele

Nov 2, 2017
i think you guys misunderstand me

i know rocky is just trying to be a good dude and he probably knew that adrian had the hots for him etc. i don't even think it's a bad scene i think it's great and a highlight of the movie but you gotta call it like it is. adrian clearly did not want to be there and rocky prevented her from leaving. this man raped her

OP
OP
Yebele

Yebele

Nov 2, 2017
not a single person here has botherd to explain why this is not rape smh

i expected better of you

Farmerboy

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne Australia
i think you guys misunderstand me

i know rocky is just trying to be a good dude and he probably knew that adrian had the hots for him etc. i don't even think it's a bad scene i think it's great and a highlight of the movie but you gotta call it like it is. adrian clearly did not want to be there and rocky prevented her from leaving. this man raped her

Yo man, your losing me with your rationale dude.

cubanb

Oct 27, 2017
so i watched this movie it's called rocky, it's pretty old so you probably haven't heard of it

there's this guy who's kinda dumb but in a cute way y'know? his name is rocky like the name of the movie, and there's this girl he likes let's call her adrian because that's her name. now adrian is really socially awkward so it's hard to tell if she likes rocky too or if she's just playing him. anyway that's the gist i think there's boxing in it too but who really cares about that part

anyway so i'm watching this shit and i'm like hey this movie is kinda funny but then this shit happens

nigga what

yeah i don't know about y'all but i'm pretty sure that's rape, am i wrong??

Welcome to the real world. keep crying rape....

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Would you feel less conflicted about calling it sexual assault?
Possibly. I mean, I guess there are levels of severity of assault and its not always as obvious. Like if there was physical abuse involved and visible resistance. But considering the scene in question only shows kissing, I don't really agree with throwing the word rape in here. Part of me feels like it cheapens more clear cut cases but part of me feels like someone who experienced a similar situation would be upset at people dismissing it.

Im conflicted. But my initial reaction is to say that while creepy and awkward, I cant look at this scene and say without a doubt that he raped her.

Status
Not open for further replies.