• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yebele

Nov 2, 2017
so i watched this movie it's called rocky, it's pretty old so you probably haven't heard of it

there's this guy who's kinda dumb but in a cute way y'know? his name is rocky like the name of the movie, and there's this girl he likes let's call her adrian because that's her name. now adrian is really socially awkward so it's hard to tell if she likes rocky too or if she's just playing him. anyway that's the gist i think there's boxing in it too but who really cares about that part

anyway so i'm watching this shit and i'm like hey this movie is kinda funny but then this shit happens

nigga what

yeah i don't know about y'all but i'm pretty sure that's rape, am i wrong??

Last edited:

Ab4dd0n

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah this comes up from time to time when people rewatch it

IMO it's a hella bad look nowadays but it was basically both of them being incredibly awkward about things but being able to push past that

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh yeah that highly edited version seems rapey. Here's the full scene where he asks to kiss her and says it's ok if she doesn't want to kiss him.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
No.

Also why is so much of that scene missing in the video of the op?/

Oct 25, 2017
Uh yeah that highly edited version seems rapey. Here's the full scene where he asks to kiss her and says it's ok if she doesn't want to kiss him.

The scene hasn't aged well and blocking the door does put this into creepy territory, but no?

But then at the same time, I do have, well at least it's not as bad as Blade Runner bias.

But this is ain't that far off from this

Mr. Fantastic

Alt-account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
I wish Stallone would have never been born so he'd never make Rocky and we wouldn't have this basura thread

Oct 26, 2017
I just want to let you all know that you can see Rocky's pet turtles in this scene and that they're still alive and will more than likely outlive Stallone.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Nah but I always thought about how he pestered the absolute shit out of Adrian

Bless her

OP
OP
Yebele

Yebele

Nov 2, 2017
guys how do you not see rocky blocking the door with his hand and immediately have rape alarm bells going off in your head

that's like textbook rapist behaviour

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is your next thread gonna be about how Ariel was a creepy stalker who catfished Prince Eric with a fake identity?

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
I love that your last post before this thread was "seek help"

I don't see anything wrong with this scene. It's not like it's thst James Bond scene.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the only answer I have is maybe. I can see how that scene could be interpreted either way.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saying "You dont have to kiss me back if you dont want" before you kiss someone is not how consent works.

I know.

In my memory I thought there was a cute conversation between them about kissing but watching it now it's not there lol. He does a cheek kiss and then they just kiss. Still this scenes seems like a consensual encounter to me.

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
I felt the same as you, OP. The video you posted cuts around, but I feel like she said she wanted to leave, or at least, it was clear she didn't want to be there, and I also seem to remember she didn't want to go out with him in the first place. I don't remember all the movie details as it was years ago, but I distinctly remember thinking, "What the Hell!?" at that scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.