Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that is some bad luck. I know its disheartening but at least all frames will be available starting tomorrow so you can potentially try as many times as you want to. And it's definitely worth the grind although you might need to take a day or two off just to protect your sanity!
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm like a hamster on a never ending wheel. I will keep trying until I get feeding frenzy and rampage.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Has Bungie ever said anything about increasing the drop rate on Catalysts? I would love to have the Riskrunner catalyst but after hundreds of strikes I still don't have it and I've never seen anyone else get it either. I've read it can drop from a Strike of any type although I assume Nightfalls would have a higher drop chance.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I would finally get the fucking Shattered Throne ship the day before the RNG patch hits. Sure, I would've had to wait 3 weeks, but c'mon, man.

Reminds me of how I got Gjallarhorn 3 days before the big nerf in D1. Go figure.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Has Bungie ever said anything about increasing the drop rate on Catalysts? I would love to have the Riskrunner catalyst but after hundreds of strikes I still don't have it and I've never seen anyone else get it either. I've read it can drop from a Strike of any type although I assume Nightfalls would have a higher drop chance.

They increased the rates before, but I doubt they'll do it again for the 'grind.'

Dec 2, 2017
Yep, I would finally get the fucking Shattered Throne ship the day before the RNG patch hits. Sure, I would've had to wait 3 weeks, but c'mon, man.

Reminds me of how I got Gjallarhorn 3 days before the big nerf in D1. Go figure.
I'll be surprised if they buff the drop rate that much. That ship is what keeps people coming back for Shattered Throne every curse week.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018

aarcane

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, like the shell, ship and sparrow, it;s a DC item that doesn't exist......

From looking online, it looks like:

Twilight Oath, Persuader, The Long Goodbye, Tatara Gaze, Fate Cries Foul are the popular picks.

Thanks. After checking my vault, I've got a couple each of Persuader and Fate Cries Foul, so I'll start with them. I suppose I should make the effort to unlock the other forges so I can try for a decent Tatara Gaze, as well as keeping on with the DC stuff for Twilight Oath.

Also, The Last Word (D2 version) is going to take a lot of getting used to. I always ran Perfect Balance on the D1 version, so I'm not used to having to control that wild recoil. My already crappy K/D is going to take a nosedive practicing with it.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Unlocked the Izanami forge on my Hunter, never doing that shit again...ugh.

Still no Jotunn, but such is life.

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
i'm vaguely aware of who this guy is but damn, he's really good.
He is. I like watching really good players, especially when they offer insightful commentary, but I'd much rather watch if they are on console. There is such a big difference in terms of what works well on pc vs console, so I watch for smart plays, but in general I don't get too excited about the recos they're making as everything feels so different on console. D3 I'm seriously considering upgrading my pc. :)

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
Is it still the case that Gambit gives no Infamy points at Legendary unless you win?

I'm trying to get to the point when I can reset my Infamy this season and I don't really love Gambit that much.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Is it still the case that Gambit gives no Infamy points at Legendary unless you win?

I'm trying to get to the point when I can reset my Infamy this season and I don't really love Gambit that much.

Yes. After a certain point you have to get wins to progress, but you can still get points with bounties.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Yes but there are a lot more Gambit bounties (along with the PVE/PVP prime bounties) now so you can make good progress just working on them daily/weekly.

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
Forged my third Blast Furnace of the week and got a keeper - Feeding Frenzy, Rampage, Steady Rounds, Satou scope, and Range Masterwork. Now if only I could get Jotunn to drop ...

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I got my first 'We ran out of medals' or whatever it's called last night in a comp match of all things. Well my first one since Forsaken I believe. Too bad I only got up to a two game win streak before losing again :/ I swear I'm never going to hit Fabled. I give up too much on everything though so I really want to keep going.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Two games out of three for the week is good. Don't beat yourself up. There's still like 2 months yet in the season.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I really shouldn't complain I'm just hard on myself. I've gotten in two different four stacks off Discord this week and lost more than we won. I get up to around 900ish then lose three or four games. I seem to have better luck when playing solo to an extent; guess I need to try doubling up or maybe a 3 stack.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Grouping up doesn't mean instant win, if you don't gel with the group or your team comp is buns you may only be hurting yourself. Also know when to cut your losses, which is why I recommend just doing the three for the week and see what happens.

Playing solo might pair you with some pretty good players (or recovs...), or getting a friend and duo queueing. Matchmaking is still RNG in the end, you either play good players or you play bots.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
A friend told me the Thunderlord quest is coming back for this week, is that right? I skimmed through the latest TWAB and didn't see anything about it.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Grouping up doesn't mean instant win, if you don't gel with the group or your team comp is buns you may only be hurting yourself. Also know when to cut your losses, which is why I recommend just doing the three for the week and see what happens.

Playing solo might pair you with some pretty good players (or recovs...), or getting a friend and duo queueing. Matchmaking is still RNG in the end, you either play good players or you play bots.

I'm getting impatient so I always wind up doing more than three games per week lately. I may try to do the three tonight then stop regardless of how they turn out.

A friend told me the Thunderlord quest is coming back for this week, is that right? I skimmed through the latest TWAB and didn't see anything about it.

It is for a week or two, not sure on the specifics.

Oct 25, 2017

Yea its returning as part of arc week (where the team have adjusted some of the arc supers for each class)

Also its in the first paragraph of the article

Arc Week will also feature one of the most powerful Arc weapons ever created, the Thunderlord Exotic Machine Gun. If you weren't able to complete the quest to obtain Thunderlord last year, you will have from April 9 to April 23 to revisit the Cosmodrome and add it your collection.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Still no Jotunn, but such is life.
Now if only I could get Jotunn to drop ...

Only drops from Powerful frames completed at Bergusia.

Yes, from reset today until the 23, with no time gating on the steps, so you can do it all in one sitting if you want.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
They buffed everlasting fire? huh

And nerfed PvE boss damage on Wardcliff

Edit: Holy Crap at those previous drop rates for the Dreaming City Ship, Ghost and Sparrow

Last edited:

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Rewards

Increased drop rate of items in the Last Wish Raid
One Thousand Voices: 5% → 10%
Glittering Key: 5% → 20%
Used to acquire Last Wish ship "Ermine TAC-717"
Wish-Maker Shell (Last Wish Ghost Shell): 2% → 20%
Cleansing Knife (Last Wish Sparrow): 5% → 20%

Increased drop rate of items in the Dreaming City
Pallas Galliot (Dreaming City Ship): 2% → 20%
Starlight Shell (Dreaming City Ghost Shell): 2% → 20%
Silver Tercel (Dreaming City Sparrow): 5% → 20%

Increased drop rate of Lore Books
Cayde's Stash Lore
Cayde treasure map chests: 40% → 100%
Planetary chests: 4% → 50%

Dreaming City Lore
Public event completed: 2.5% → 50%
Ascendant challenge completed: 2.5% → 100%
Blind Well completed (Tier 1–3): 5% → 50%
Lost Sector completed: 1.25% → 100%
The Marasenna lore book was missing two entries: Revanche I and Palingenesis III; these entries now unlock after you unlock all other entries.

Tangled Shore Lore
While Tangled Shore is the Flashpoint
Public event completed: 6.5% → 50%
Heroic adventure completed: 16% → 50%
Lost Sector completed: 3% → 50%

Gunsmith reputation packages now only reward Gunsmith Weapons

Four new Exotic weapon catalysts are now available to drop in Nightfall, strikes, and the Crucible
Prospector (Nightfall, strikes)
Rat King (Nightfall, strikes)
Hard Light (Nightfall, strikes)
SUROS Regime (Crucible)

Xûr's inventory now offers random rolled perks for armor

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
From reddit as well from community manager:

Fated Engrams from Xûr now have the chance to grant Forsaken Exotics.

Oct 25, 2017
2%?
2 fucking percent?

I've done those activities for nearly 30 weeks now and there was only ever a 2 fucking % chance of those items dropping?

Utter fucking bullshit.

I bet I still get fuck all after it's increased.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Wavesplitter has to be a bug, since the other PS4 content isn't available. I expect it to be disabled like Rat King was, but we'll see

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Did they fuck with Glory changes again? My profile on bungie says I only have 2090.... I was at 2010 prior to reset.

Dec 2, 2017
2%!? You bastards, lol. If I'd only known.

3 characters, once every three weeks, to hit 50 attempts = 51 weeks. They set it so even the most hardcore would have to run it for a year to hit those odds. Demi redeemed.

Loving that DC lore buff, that's the only one that's eluded me. Still need 3 entries.

The Marasenna thing was weird, it had already told me I had completed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.