Status
Not open for further replies.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
so three full weeks in, at ~545 on all three characters, still having fun, going to step in the raid either this week or next. still a lot of minor quibbles with the game that i hope they fix

• economy issues in general - everything from masterwork cores and their usage when infusing, to the scarcity of mod components, to the cumbersome (but improved) shader management system. banshees requires 100 materials to rank up but only takes 10 at a time.
  • forsaken exotic rarity - exotics were too common before, but now that exotics are rare and have no dupe protection, there are plenty of stories from players about getting a dozen exotics since launch, with all of them being Y1. i guess i'm lucky in that i have a queenbreaker (and lord of wolves, but that's a targeted drop from spider's bounties). it's just incredibly unsatisfying to have something like a quest reward gun drop -- feels like you're being punished for doing a quest and thereby expanding the exotic pool for yourself.
  • clumsy bounty system - every day that i login to play the game, i have to go to the tower to pick up bounties from zavala/shaxx/hawthorne/drifter if i want to make the most out of my time. tess has bounties, too. the tower can also take a long time to load sometimes. you can only track one bounty at a time even though you may have five bounties active for that activity. plus the pursuits tab is a real mess once you have all those bounties picked up.
  • Milestone/Challenge in-game information - some milestones grant you +5 up until you reach a certain max base power level, then they only give you +1. "daily" milestones are supposed to reset on different days (cycling between gambit/strike/crucible/adventure), but sometimes two reset on the same day (e.g. on Saturday we had crucible and adventure both reset but on Sunday there was no new daily milestone reset). why is none of this information conveyed in the game? why doesn't the game tell me hey, your daily gambit challenge is resetting in 13 hours, better do it before reset! why doesn't the game tell me, hey, your LL is 545, you'll only get +1 from this weekly strike milestone even though the reward says "powerful engram"

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is definitely a subjective thing. I have much better precision performance with regular HC's. Same with Scout > Pulse's (though Forsaken pulse's having insane stability has closed the gap there). To get precision kills with Crimson you have to actively aim below the crit spot or have *really* great recoil control.

The ease of use stems from the ability to guide the shots into the head after firing, and how sticky it with auto aim (on console at least).

If you're on PC and have AM off HCs are going to feel completely different.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
So is there a decent resource someone ncould link me to (or just give me a cliff notes version here) of how the faction rally things work. All I know is that I can't do anything related to FWC, Dead Orbit or the 3rd one...but there's like one week a month or something where you can link up with one?

Just trying to understand that better.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
The ease of use stems from the ability to guide the shots into the head after firing, and how sticky it with auto aim (on console at least).

If you're on PC and have AM off HCs are going to feel completely different.

I'm on PC but only as of 1 month post-Warmind. I was PS4 from Destiny 1 Alpha through CoO. I've always felt regular HC's are better for precision than Crimson. I'd argue Crimson was only as strong as it was in Y1 because it's essentially a short range Pulse that existed in a Scout/Pulse meta. In PvE it's always been far more useful to run something else in Kinetic and save the exotic slot for something that hits harder or clears bigger groups with less effort.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm at it, there's a vendor in the tower that opens your prime engrams (useless busy work if you ask me). But he also sells extremely low PL legendary engrams for like 25 shards. Why does this exist?

Oh, Rahool is OG decrypter. So they kept him for that. He also does bulk shader deletion now.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm legit traumatized by the ascendant challenges. I'm not looking forward to whatever we get this week.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Crimson is definitely kinda bad on PC. I just got the catalyst so maybe that improves it, but after hearing the hype and trying it I don't get it. Maybe the more aggressive aim assist on consoles makes it better?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you want a higher chance at the One Thousand Voices exotic then do the raid on your first 2 characters and don't open the chests at the end. The ethereal keys you get for beating Riven stack up to 5 in your inventory, which means you can do it again on your 3rd character and then open up 3 chests at once for a higher chance at One Thousand Voices.
Conversely, could you just hold your keys for 3 weeks on the same character and open all 3 on that third week?

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, that's all well and good I suppose. I just don't understand the low power level legendary engrams he sells for a ton of shards.

It's both a holdover and another avenue to go for additional rolls and chance at exotics. It's not an efficient use of Shards but if you're drowning in them and you want to spend them that way, it's an option.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Dn9Js3kXoAAXudS.jpg:large

Probably old but really funny ( and real ) .

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Malfeasence quest confirmed. You have to play Gambit to start it.

Also you can visit Mara's Throne World now. 570 mission in the Confluence area.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit. There's a portal in the Confluence now. If you go through it it leads to Mara Sov's throne world and a new mission.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Crimson is definitely kinda bad on PC. I just got the catalyst so maybe that improves it, but after hearing the hype and trying it I don't get it. Maybe the more aggressive aim assist on consoles makes it better?
yup controller autoaim with a crimson keeps the cursor stuck to your target's head (unless it decides to randomly track another target that moves close by...)

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
only dreaming city/raid/exotic armor can roll enhanced perks? if you want to be the most effective character, aren't you then locked into wearing this armor? why would you wear a scatterhorn chest with handcannon targeting when you can wear your reverie chest with enhanced handcannon targeting?

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part about Bungie's matchmaking is that it puts stacks with stacks and randoms with randoms. Two stacks of three's? Better put then all on the same team!

Status
Not open for further replies.