• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I have yet to play Gambit. Level advantage is active innit right? Just like Iron Banner?

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
I've done all armor set bounties except for Gambit set. The chest piece just won't drop for me.
That's me and the helmet—last piece I need and I'm getting almost everything else. :-/ Still, really embracing Gambit despite self-serving or ignorant players on my team. At least I get to marvel at the good teams. :)

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Wonder if the recently found Callum's grave (in the new Ascendant strike) is where the Malfeasance quest will actually begin or end etc. Looks spooky!

Callums-Grave.jpg

Nov 14, 2017
Wow way to buzzkill the guy lol

I sort of get what you're saying but shotguns aren't a sniper rifle counter more than anything else is - if you have someone using a sniper rifle in shotgun range you could probably kill then no matter what you're holding and I don't see how the two interact in that way than one will overtake the other.
It's not so much that they counter each other, more that the loadout choice is a delicate balance between the two.

In D1Y1 we had shotguns that were more powerful than the ones we have now. Bungie eventually nerfed them by removing shot package and limiting their range at the start of Y2/The Taken King. This lead to an almost overnight switch in the special weapon meta from people running Felwinter's Lie / Matador 64 high impact shottys to Thousand Yard Stare archetype snipers. At one point over half of all special weapon kills were because of 1k yard stare snipers.

So, it's not that snipers counter shotguns, it's that if you nerf shotguns too much all those annoying shotgun rushers will just switch to snipers. We've seen it happen before.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
I started playing Destiny 2 one week after Forsaken and yesterday i finished Leviatan raid for the first time... man.. that room after the Emperor fight... what is that factory? I think im gonna look for all the lore...
We are still triying the new raid...

It's a Calus factory :D Yeah the raid lore is pretty cool. I love the "grow fat from strength" stuff, it's such a neat concept that Calus and co. are basically gluttons for conquest.

Who are you raiding with? I've got experience with Leviathan and Eater of Worlds but not the two new raids.

I'd be down to join a ragtag group once I get my LL up a bit.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone got that image of the soft caps in Forsaken? Forgot to save it and i've just hit 502 so looking for ways to level now.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Under "Ongoing" only resetting your Valor grants a powerful drop, for me at least (source: 570 LL and 3 Valor Resets). Ranking up only grants a low level purple.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Any other PC players have any new mouse recommendations? I currently use a Zowie EC2-A

Play with a palm grip and wrist movement... no arm flicks here. I like precise, wired FPS-tailored mice with good sensors. Need at minimum 3+ mappable "extra" buttons on it for Melee, slide/crouch and guardian ability. Since moving from PS4 to PC i've found i can easily hit wrong keys in the heat of the moment where having extra stuff on the mouse helps a TON!

I keep seeing Rival 600 recommendations. Anything else i should be looking at? Sub $100

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After a lot of hours in d1 and d2 pre-dlc, it seems that forsaken is calling my name. I'm trying to resist but ...

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah there's disclaimers that past 560 nobody really knows it 100% yet.

Do people even do the Leviathan raids anymore, looking at this chart?

Unless you're looking to get a Catalyst or specific Leviathan weapon, there's no reason to do them. They don't drop gear LL relevant gear and they don't roll new perks.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
They even nerfed MW core drop rates in old raids. Bungo made it less desirable to do them.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Forsaken is the D2 sequel we wanted. Still a bit rough in some spots but it'll get fixed.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
They even nerfed MW core drop rates in old raids. Bungo made it less desirable to do them.
There HAS to be something going on. They must be trying to dry-up the well before switching to a different material or something. I've maybe got 2 or 3 MW items since starting Forsaken with two characters 530's and 80+ hours. I've only infused my Whisper and Midnight Coup... and that was back at lvl 510's. The economy is suspiciously "off".

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
Unless you're looking to get a Catalyst or specific Leviathan weapon, there's no reason to do them. They don't drop gear LL relevant gear and they don't roll new perks.

Oh ew. I know obsolescence in MMOs is a thing but for Nostalgia's sake I'm gonna miss doing those runs weekly.

I never even did the third one so that's rough hearing people most likely won't Sherpa me.

I'm assuming Midnight Coup might not even be worth going for then? It's the only Leviathan weapon I didn't get IIRC, unless EOW / The Third Lair added anything new to the pool.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming Midnight Coup might not even be worth going for then? It's the only Leviathan weapon I didn't get IIRC, unless EOW / The Third Lair added anything new to the pool.

Nope, Coup is still one of the best PVE guns in the game. If robot-boy is selling it, just bang out a Levi clear and buy it. Or try your luck and just run Leviathan, its not like it takes much effort.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
There HAS to be something going on. They must be trying to dry-up the well before switching to a different material or something. I've maybe got 2 or 3 MW items since starting Forsaken with two characters 530's and 80+ hours. I've only infused my Whisper and Midnight Coup... and that was back at lvl 510's. The economy is suspiciously "off".
There's no conspiracy. We asked for destiny to be grindier and bungie overcorected in a few areas. This is one of them.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow this is fucking ridiculous. i hit 520 yesterday so now the only thing that will give me more than +1 are nightfall, raid and petra's stuff? what a load of shit. I love how Bungie puts their keen and penetrating mind and arrives at the wrong conclusion. when we asked for more shit to do in Year 1, we didnt ask for +1 drops or more soft caps. hell, soft caps at 265 were THE biggest problem in year 1. they made it so you had a total of three things to do every tuesday and then take a break for the rest of the week.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Oh ew. I know obsolescence in MMOs is a thing but for Nostalgia's sake I'm gonna miss doing those runs weekly.

I never even did the third one so that's rough hearing people most likely won't Sherpa me.

No, Coup is still pretty powerful in PVE and PVP. Personally, I don't have a desire to do the old raids cuz I don't enjoy them.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty meh exotic in PVE compared to other exotics like Vesper of Radius which can give you a heap of class ability energy without having to endanger yourself like the Stag demands and, well, dying.

In PVP however where you're health is becoming critical frequently, it can useful for survivability.

I can see some PvE uses (strikes and nightfalls) since i'm never invincible so i'll either be in critical or straight up get smoked at times (usually due to jumping shenanigans) and it allows me to get back in the fray with some help.

For some reason it never occurred to me that those exotic procs also activate in PvP lol. Might be useless given the one shotting meta that seems to be building in PvP though.

Wow way to buzzkill the guy lol

Eh its fine.

Its interesting seeing what these exotics can do and how to incorporate them, especially when they are the highest level shit on you right now :P

Also was glad to see another exotic drop and the drop is not a fucking sparrow i already have.

I've done all armor set bounties except for Gambit set. The chest piece just won't drop for me.

it was the same for me but it will drop eventually so keep running it (either in game or a bounty).

My fave part about Gambit was just over the weekend where we had our Primeval out along with enemy team and I invade and kill the entire team and cause it to get healed when it was down to a sliver of health and helped my team catch up and win. Saved the match cuz it was so clutch.

That happened in a few matches for me as well and we got a medal for it :D

Also vice versa has happened before where this guy just rolled in with a fucking grenade launcher and fucked us all up.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only time I hate Gambit is when my team is competing on a PVE level, but we can't kill invaders due to too many players having a lower light level. I tried playing on my Hunter when I was ~400, and was getting matched against 550s. They'd catch my bullets in mid-air and throw them back at me.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
Nope, Coup is still one of the best PVE guns in the game. If robot-boy is selling it, just bang out a Levi clear and buy it. Or try your luck and just run Leviathan, its not like it takes much effort.

That's true. I'm still at 5/10 for High Highness' Seal so maybe I'll just run a few this weekend and knock it out.

Shame the best weapon out of the lot wasn't the one I got. I was so excited for Sins of the Past and It Stared Back back in the day lmao.

Maybe I'll check my collections and see if I didn't get one and I forgot about it... Are Exotics the only thing you can reacquire that way?

No, Coup is still pretty powerful in PVE and PVP. Personally, I don't have a desire to do the old raids cuz I don't enjoy them.

Baths and Throne room and the Banner sections in between were about the parts I enjoyed in Leviathan. Gauntlet and Dogs, eh.

EOW was just tedious, jumping puzzle and the timers for the skulls and all that just made it prone to someone messing up.

Didn't play the third, might watch a walkthrough and see what it's about.

Last wish looks fun.

wow this is fucking ridiculous. i hit 520 yesterday so now the only thing that will give me more than +1 are nightfall, raid and petra's stuff? what a load of shit. I love how Bungie puts their keen and penetrating mind and arrives at the wrong conclusion. when we asked for more shit to do in Year 1, we didnt ask for +1 drops or more soft caps. hell, soft caps at 265 were THE biggest problem in year 1. they made it so you had a total of three things to do every tuesday and then take a break for the rest of the week.

I think everything north of the 520 range will give you stuff higher than your level, the lower stuff is basically for finding the stuff you don't have yet to fill your collection.

It's more to figure out where to apply your time if you aren't one to do everything. I still think it's silly though. After CoO I basically played for another three weeks doing my 3-4 weeklies for a day and then I'd be back the next week.

I feel that happening again but for now it'll be a month or two of grinding again and I do enjoy the game for what it is.

KINGofCRA5H

Oct 25, 2017
Napa, CA
Midnight Coup is legit. Worth doing Leviathan just for the chance at it.

Although I got the Last Wish hand cannon over the weekend and I might not ever use Midnight Coup again, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
The only time I hate Gambit is when my team is competing on a PVE level, but we can't kill invaders due to too many players having a lower light level. I tried playing on my Hunter when I was ~400, and was getting matched against 550s. They'd catch my bullets in mid-air and throw them back at me.

What Gambit is power level dependant for pvp? Lol no idea

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone up for diving into to some EP shotgun farming at reset?

I ran 5 boss kills last night and got nothing but shaders, but during the runs I got catalysts for:

Crimson (yay!)
DARCI
Borealis

Are either of those snipers worth considering in Forsaken given that I have Whisper?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

At 520 all the green weeklies can give +1 to +2 (maybe plus 3?)

So you need to move on to Blue, Yellow and Purples which is still a lot but it laser focuses you to endgame content at 520.

Weeklies are still worth doing and Prime engrams are persistent either way

I mean the Dreaming City stuff still gives you plenty to do

Nov 14, 2017
It's slightly confusing, but the thing to do is when you are past a certain power level of powerful rewards, don't do those rewards first. So, if you are 525 you should do 540 rewards first to get a bigger boost to your power level, and then do some 520 stuff to fill in the rest of your slots. Then, do some 560 stuff and repeat.

If you are only 520 on one character now, then I can see you're taking it slow. Just try to do things in that kind of order and you should be able to slowly raise your power level!

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it makes perfect sense

At those soft caps you have to be doing end game activities for the large jumps or grind out 1-3 power on lower level stuff

Not sure why people are complaining

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017

I ran 5 boss kills last night and got nothing but shaders, but during the runs I got catalysts for:

Crimson (yay!)
DARCI
Borealis

Are either of those snipers worth considering in Forsaken given that I have Whisper?
BOTH!

DARCI hits super hard and Borealis is such a great shield destroyer on the second weapon slot.

I still havent got the shotgun to drop so i'm totally down with boss grinding. I have an hour to play nightly 6:30-7:30-ish weekdays then more and variable on the weekend. Will find ya when on. Tonight gotta finish the last few Gambit kills for my Chaperone quest and then i'm down to grind.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

At those soft caps you have to be doing end game activities for the large jumps or grind out 1-3 power on lower level stuff

Most of the people complaining understand how to grind out PL.

The point is it's not a fun system when you hit the soft caps and all you get is +1 or even +0 on powerful drops, AND it costs far too much to infuse to bring your good gear with you which means you often have to take armour you don't want to for higher level content.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Crimson (yay!)
DARCI
Borealis

Crimson is just one of the best overall bread and butter weapons in the game and one of the few primaries that can shred yellow bars with ease. Its masterwork is amazing for making it that much better since it adds a ton of range and the orb generation is sooo good for this weapons

Darci is one of the best heavies in the game and getting the flinch reduction is huge for this fast firing sniper.

Borealis catalyst is probably the least impactful but being able to switch elements faster is really nice. Pair borealis with stuff like Dragons Shadow, Transversive Steps, Lunafaction Boots, Young Ahakaras Spine, Titan Rally Barricade for Impressive results when Ionic Return is active. You could potentially run entire strikes with bonus damage active. Its probably the most efficient sniper in the game for those that like to use snipers as their bread and butter weapons

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017

The problem is when you have min-maxed character, which is guaranteed to happen on your alt when you transfer weapons, it becomes a complete RNG game instead of guaranteed +LL like how powerful engrams should be. For eg my alt Warlock has 530 weapons but 505 armor, making overall LL at around 520. But the game loves giving me 521-522 weapons because according to Bungie's math, this is working as intended.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Everything costs glimmer though, even accepting bounties.
When people say destiny has no economy it makes sense when talking about glimmer. Everything costs glimmer but glimmer rarely need be managed because you receive so much of it, an nothing useful requires a ton of glimmer. Because of this even when I reach cap I don't care since they've eliminated mods and the cost for mats is inexpensive and you can just buy more glimmer with shards. Shards are more expensive, are actually valuable, and you need an ample amount of them for upgrade paths so a cap really makes no sense, you want to hoard them because they're valuable. What's the point of hoarding glimmer, a big number?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is when you have min-maxed character, which is guaranteed to happen on your alt when you transfer weapons, it becomes a complete RNG game instead of guaranteed +LL like how powerful engrams should be. For eg my alt Warlock has 530 weapons but 505 armor, making overall LL at around 520. But the game loves giving me 521-522 weapons because according to Bungie's math, this is working as intended.

Yeah so the flow is

Big Jump with end game content. Raise laggin slot ups with the soft cap green activities

Makes sense to me and Ive been progressing smoothly with each play session

As far as min maxing goes thats always the LAST step anyways. And its not that hard if you are running forsaken gear. Ive been getting a steady flow of dupes for infusions

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Run Nightfall. Get Nightfall blues, they scale up past 500. Fill in the armor blanks. LIFE HACKS

Oct 25, 2017
Since EP is back in the discussion did a few last night with about 9 people and holy shit the bosses stood no chance (especially the wave 7 boss) LOLOLOL

Fucking everything is going off on these fools at that point.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Crimson is just one of the best overall bread and butter weapons in the game and one of the few primaries that can shred yellow bars with ease. Its masterwork is amazing for making it that much better since it adds a ton of range and the orb generation is sooo good for this weapons

I know, it's my go to PvP primary.

Darci is one of the best heavies in the game and getting the flinch reduction is huge for this fast firing sniper.

Will pull it out an give it a shot, thanks!

Borealis catalyst is probably the least impactful but being able to switch elements faster is really nice. Pair borealis with stuff like Dragons Shadow, Transversive Steps, Lunafaction Boots, Young Ahakaras Spine, Titan Rally Barricade for Impressive results when Ionic Return is active. You could potentially run entire strikes with bonus damage active. Its probably the most efficient sniper in the game for those that like to use snipers as their bread and butter weapons

I enjoy Hardlight for this utility, so I'll pull this out too and give it a go. I'm trying to get back into using snipers after pretty much ignoring them for the entirety of my D2 run so far as I need to get good with Whisper, so I'll use these while I re-learn.

Thanks very much for the response!

Status
Not open for further replies.